IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Meditate

Rate this topic

How often should one meditate??? and for how long?

Hi,

I personally try to meditate for 30-60 min every morning doing various chants (Shabd Guru) e.g. The Aquarian Sadhana.

And at late evening I adjust myself for how much I feel I need...

You have to find it out for yourself, what´s your aim with meditation, how much time can you put aside, etc...

Be Your Own Guru

Peace and Love to You

Sat Naam

Hi,

I personally try to meditate for 30-60 min every morning doing various chants (Shabd Guru) e.g. The Aquarian Sadhana.

Chanting is not meditating. Trying to meditate is as good as not meditating at all. Meditation happens and not done. It is devoid of thoughts.

You have to find it out for yourself, what´s your aim with meditation, how much time can you put aside, etc...

Be Your Own Guru

Peace and Love to You

Sat Naam

Well, Jin Khoja, Tin Paayiyaan, Gehri paani pet... This is meditation. Guru Nanakji is the best to reveal meditational values.

How often should one meditate??? and for how long?

Simple and Complicated both. No time frame for meditation. Simple. Just let your thoughts come. Your mind has the tendency to cling to the best and create multiple thoughts. Hence you just have to be a witness to your thoughts. This requires some practice. But nothing is impossible. Then you can witness that thoughts come and go. At some point the number of thoughts that arise will start lessening and finally arrive to a thoughtless state. Thats why it is said, meditation is not done. It happens. If something is being done, then mind is active on a thought and that is not meditation.

Chanting is not meditating. Trying to meditate is as good as not meditating at all. Meditation happens and not done. It is devoid of thoughts.

Well, Jin Khoja, Tin Paayiyaan, Gehri paani pet... This is meditation. Guru Nanakji is the best to reveal meditational values.

Mediation as you say is a thoughtless state of being, when you enter the rhythm of a certain Shabd, your Central Nervous System will Chant for You, and you can efficiently enter a "thoughtless state".

So, chanting (Shabd Guru) is really meditating, using a sacred sound current that allows your subconscious mind to release all the dirt rendering you an eventual thoughtless state.

There are different techniques that can be used to enter the "thoughtless state", e.g Silent Mind Meditation (Za Zen), Chanting (Shabd Guru)...listening to your favorite music...

All ways that leads you to the "thoughtless state" is a meditation session.

Peace and Love to All,

We are All One,

Sat Naam