IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sunanda

Tulasi advice

Rate this topic

Haribol !!

This year in June i planted a Tulasi seed and it's growing nicely since. Some little manjaris are appearing at the very top of Her.

I've read you're supposed to cut them because otherwise they take too much energy from Tulasi Devi.

Should i cut them now, while they're still little and even if they're at the top of Her or should i wait ?

Also, i have this solar spectrum light that i use when there is no sun (i live in South-west of France and the winter is coming) but this light make no heat, just solar light. What is the good temperature for her to keep a good normal health (and not just surviving) I can put her in the room of my daughter with an electric radiator because we don't heat the whole house when we're not here.

Also, what is the standard of giving her water in the winter, one glass every 3 days ?...

I'm worried because last year i had another one but she left in the winter.

OKay, thank you in advance again :)

Love

Sunanda

Sunanda, do take the manjaris and offer them to your Deities. I prefer to cut them while they're tender. (In Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita, Lord Chaitanya gives Raghunath das Goswami his own Govardhana-shila, advising him to worship it with eight tender manjaris [komala-manjari]). After you do so, you'll also probably see that Tulasi-devi will produce more leaves and branches.

The best temperature is probably between 70 and 80 F. Water every two or three days, depending more or less on the humidity in the room. Don't keep the soil wet, but don't let it get too dry, either. Every week or two, use a good organic fertilizer to keep her fed and growing. (I always liked cow-manure tea).

Haribol !!

Should i cut them now, while they're still little and even if they're at the top of Her or should i wait ?

Also, i have this solar spectrum light that i use when there is no sun (i live in South-west of France and the winter is coming) but this light make no heat, just solar light. What is the good temperature for her to keep a good normal health (and not just surviving) I can put her in the room of my daughter with an electric radiator because we don't heat the whole house when we're not here.

Also, what is the standard of giving her water in the winter, one glass every 3 days ?...

I'm worried because last year i had another one but she left in the winter.

OKay, thank you in advance again :)

Love

Sunanda

It is not necessary to cut so much on Tulasi when growing her in the Western hemisphere where we don't have so much natural sunlight.

One can also offer the leaves in thought to the Lord and keep Tulasi strong by not cutting off parts of her body used for photosynthesis.

hare krishna

Dandavats __/\o'_

All glories to srila prabhupad

at my house lot of tulasi maharani are present. and every year during the winter i face the problem. the problem is that during winter season the leaves are falling and getting yellow color. and eventhough i am adding water whenever necessary and also preserving with all the basic things.

please give me a suggestion how to grow her properly during winter.

yours servant

hare krishna

Dandavats __/\o'_

All glories to srila prabhupad

at my house lot of tulasi maharani are present. and every year during the winter i face the problem. the problem is that during winter season the leaves are falling and getting yellow color. and eventhough i am adding water whenever necessary and also preserving with all the basic things.

please give me a suggestion how to grow her properly during winter.

yours servant

120gdja.jpg

I bought a newly developed crop lamp and you just turn it on for 2 hours in the morning and two hours in the evening. In this way Tulsi is getting sufficient light.

When you spray water on the leaves of Tulasi you find that the leaves are again dry after approx 10 Minutes. This shows clearly that Tulasi likes to absorb water through her leaves and in this way doesnt need to spent energy in transporting all the water from the roots.

Prabhu, check the underside of the yellowing leaves with a magnifying lens for mites or other microscopic bugs. I always have to spray my Tulasis with organic pesticides for mite control in winter.