IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Aussie

Chalit

Rate this topic

Can someone please give me some insight on chalit?

It makes sense to use this system to find starting and ending of houses.

But then why don't we use this system for the formation of yogas? Since most define yogas based on houses and not signs, is it justified to use chalit chart to find yogas?

Thanks,

Aussie

Because the signs themselves BECOME the bhavas. When a person is born everything crystalizes to create the karmic samskara that propells their live. The sign in which the "cusp" of the 1st house falls literally BECOMES the 1st house. I was taught that this is a fundamental tennant.

Bhava Chalit and fixed bhavas are still useful in a secondary fashion even in natal charts, but they are used more prominently in other types of specific situations that I am not very familiar with.

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes sense.

Previously, I was thinking from a scientific perspective. For example if the cusp of ascendant (Leo) is at 1 degree, and Jupiter is in Cancer at 29 degrees and Moon is in Aquarius at 1 degree. By traditional methods of astrology, most would not call this as Gaj Kesari Yoga since there is no oppositional connection between Moon and Jupiter in the Rashi chart. But, if seen astronomically - Jupiter and Moon are virtually in perfect opposition - which may be visualized from chalit chart, right?