IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
chong--kl

luke warm milk

Rate this topic

hi,

i saw that somebody mentioned that drink luke warm milk before sleep will enhance good healthy, i have bought a bottle of milk from store, but the milk is cold.

so what should i do now? can i still drink this cold milk before sleep or make it warm with microwave?

thanks

chong

hehe, yes I'm sure you can make it warm in the microwave.

Warm for it say 20 seconds, that might make it luke warm.

I drink warm milk before bed as it relaxes my body and makes me sleep easy. I didn't know about any health benefits.

Oh Bija-Bhaiyya-tata-deva-anga-bandhu-deva-dasa-prabhu-ji,

it's not:

"warm milk is yummy with a little sugar (and cinnamon)" --[cinnamon never worked for me]

It's:

"warm milk is yummy with a little sugar (and cardamon)" --[i know you know it's expensive. But buy the pods cheaply, and take out the wee seeds and grind them in a coffee grinder/food processor for later use]

Hey Chong, here is a milk drink from an old 1960's Krishna Cookbook:

1qt milk (for 4 people)

1/4-1/3 cup sugar

Bring milk to boil three times (as it foams up, turn down, then turn flame up, then down, and then up). Add sugar. Simmer milk about three minutes, and stir sugar in well using a wooden spoon. A whole cardamon (Jaya Bhakta Jan) or a drop of rosewater may be placed in the milk and cardamon pod removed when the milk is done. Honey may be substitued for sugar, using about 1/3 cup per quart. Milk can be offered to the Lord (spiritualizing it), with a ripe banana, figs, or dates. Milk should be poured from one cup to another. This cools the milk and makes it more falvorful.

books here: http://www.be-pure.info/Vegetarianismsub/Books-and-recipes.html

janmashtami01_big.gif

"warm milk is yummy with a little sugar (and cardamon)" --I know you know it's expensive. by jan

lol:D...

Krsna deserves the best. Bala Gopala and me get by (without the mars bars and snickers these days - very costly). Gopala (baby) trains me well...he took bhoga last night and his face was full. Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Here is a good recipe on the to do list (better than snickers - which used to be the best):

2. Buttermilk Nectar

Can be made from cultured buttermilk, sugar, and ripe, pulpy fruits like peaches, bananas,

pears, etc. The fruit is thoroughly mashed and mixed into the buttermilk along with a little

sugar (it should not be too sweet.)

prabhupada34-312x224.jpg

prabhupada_cooking.gif

Bija,

This is sort of a very nectarian correction I must mention regarding your post above:

Here is a milk drink from an old 1960's Krishna Cookbook:

"Bring milk to boil three times"

-- this 'boil three times' refers to daily fresh cows milk that was received the same morning-- because the "boiling three times" was the home method of Pasturaizing the milk to rid the fresh milk of unwanted ... organisms[?].

All the Matajis had to do this on the Farms that had daily Cow's milk.

Sweetened butter milk! and then with fruits such as banana?

Holy Cow! Holy Cowboys & Cowgirls! That sounds Great!

We have been expanding far afield on the topic.

Just "warm" [simmer] the store brought milk in a pot add sugar [& cardimon etc].

Anyway, don't "boil" the milk --cause it will stick to the pot --some people like the skin that forms atop the surface [due to too long simmering].

Merry Milk!