IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
balachandranv

spreading lord shiva awareness across world

Rate this topic

I just want to say again, in response to the initial question of the poster:

I think go ahead and build a Lord Shiva temple if you wish to.

Better to open a Lord Shiva temple in a given place rather than a cinema house, liqour store, strip club, butcher store etc

Though it would be nicer if you built a Lord Krishna or Lord Rama temple as Lord Shiva did request of the people that they worshipped only Lord Govinda.

Good luck with your endeavour. You must be quite a rich 24 year old to be able to build temples all over the world

Thank you hat, blessed are those that hold to youthful enthusiasm in older age. For some the glean turns to tarnish. Constant polishing would inhibit that.

Christ's affirmation comes to mind: be as small children to see the Kingdom.

Though it would be nicer if you built a Lord Krishna or Lord Rama temple as Lord Shiva did request of the people that they worshipped only Lord Govinda.

This philosophy of 'pure devotional service' that we are attempting to follow, is so deep and profound (both experientially and philisophically). If we can taste that in our chosen tradition we are fortunate. As Srila Prabhupada says in the above conversation - spiritual evolvement takes time. In another quote in Gita Prabhupada says 'spiritual life is a slow and gradual development (para-phrased)'. What that says to me is, if we inhibit anyone's progression, we will not progress.

Prabhupada: If he simply understands that Lord Siva is a Vaishnava and if he worships Lord Siva, then he will get the benefit. (ROOM CONVERSTATION, CHICAGO, 9TH JULY 1975)
By saying that, it is evident of the compassion, within the teachers heart, to point people to a fuller picture of what is. Thus Srila Prabhupada's conclusion in chosen words.

Now, back to my theme:

What that says to me is, if we inhibit anyone's progression, we will not progress.

Christ called that the unforgivable sin 'blasphemy of the Holy Spirit'. We could call it disrespect of the gentle promptings of super-soul, who guides all living entities, especially those in buddhi yoga (bhakti-yoga) - the self realized.

Thanks for the bumper on your post. Much better than slabs of beer!

y.s. bija (on the margin of life).

I want to create an awareness of lord shiva across the world.thats my dream.I thought of opening lord shiva madam like kanchi madam every where.generally,all the lord shiva bhaktas and people can come and chant vedas,have bhajans etc.v can even prepare food and give it to the public.But i need some help from you guys.please send ur opinion.finally that should be a awareness of lord shiva.

I remember years ago there would be shopping malls in which one of the 'stores' would not be a store at all but would be a Christian Science Reading Room. People could sit there and rest their weary legs while reading materials about Christian Science. This seems like it would be a good idea but it could be a Shiva Dharma Reading Room and you could have selected books, scriptures and multi-media presentations in the local language. Of course you would have to get plenty of donations to open up centers like this around the world, but I think it is possible!

I remember years ago there would be shopping malls in which one of the 'stores' would not be a store at all but would be a Christian Science Reading Room. People could sit there and rest their weary legs while reading materials about Christian Science. This seems like it would be a good idea but it could be a Shiva Dharma Reading Room and you could have selected books, scriptures and multi-media presentations in the local language. Of course you would have to get plenty of donations to open up centers like this around the world, but I think it is possible! smiley:)

...people can come and chant vedas,have bhajans etc.v can even prepare food and give it to the public.But i need some help from you guys. bala:idea:

It has been my dream for a long time too. To have a little place where people can come and see Deity, take prasadam, sing and dance...and learn to love.

I am fully serious when I say 'may your dream come true'.

Thx smiley...you smart cookie:).

hi guys,

My name is v.balachandran who is one of the great bhakta of lord shiva.I am currently working.At the age of 12, i started learning vedas.I have gone to several temples like tiruvannamalai,sri kalahasti,tiruvanaikkaval,<WBR>kanchipuram etc... and much more to chant vedas.I want to create an awareness of lord shiva across the world.thats my dream.I thought of opening lord shiva madam like kanchi madam every where.generally,all the lord shiva bhaktas and people can come and chant vedas,have bhajans etc.v can even prepare food and give it to the public.But i need some help from you guys.please send ur opinion.finally that should be a awareness of lord shiva.if u guys have already planned for such things,please inform me so that i can do the required help.Expecting your positive reply at the most.

Dear V. Balachandran,

Your Vision is very lofty and I share your vision.

You don’t have to worry about negative people and forces that attempt to discourage you and you don’t have to waste your energy in fighting them. It is the fundamental nature that any spiritual attempt will be resisted by anti spiritual forces. If you know from your heart that you are doing the right thing you simply go ahead and do it with out bothering about what others think of it.

I am a psychologist by training and a teacher by profession and now aged 55.

I had deep spiritual interest right from child hood and have tried various spiritual paths. I have profound marvelous mystical experience due to the result of worship of Lord Siva as my teacher. I know from my direct experience that how immeasurably great lord Siva is and what a grand Spiritual teacher he is, and how merciful he is. As a spiritual teacher he is truely truely grand and matchless. Ever since I have these grand experiences, I have been contemplating setting up of a world class Saivaite mutt, to preserve, study, research and practice and spread Siva sastras, and to support genuine Siva ascetics.

As to my own motive for doing this is that , having known the unstatable greatness of Saivism I would like to spend my rest of my life as a pure Saivite ascetic, teaching and practicing the marvelous Siva’s technology of transformation of consciousness.

As to the benefit to the world, I know by direct experience, that proper Siva worship can do unparalleled good to beings – It liberates beings. Saivism and its esoteric spiritual practices are very effective in transforming the ordinary consciousness to a grand spiritual consciousness.

I have certain rudimentary ideas as to the agenda of such a mutt:

(1) To network among the living traditions and integrate the various Saivite traditions of ffice:smarttags" />India. These traditions include:

i) Sidhanda Saivism of Tamilnadu started by Nandiswara and carried on to Tamilnadu by Trimular , continued by Appar, Sunderar, Sambandar, and Manikavachakar.

ii) Kashmir Saivism of Kashmir originated by Durvasa rishi and carried on by the four traditions: Pratyabignana tradition by Somananda , Krama tradition by Erakanadha , Kula tradition by Sumathinada, and Spanda tradition by Vasuguptanada.

iii) Vira saivism of Karnadaka initiated by Basaveswara

iv) Goraknada Saivism of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st=" /><st1:place w:st="on">North India</st1:place>, initiated by Ghoraksha natha.

v) Pasupata Saivism initiated by Lakulisa.

(2) To collect preserve and research all the Saivite spiritual texts of various traditions. : A list of some of the texts are ; 28 Sivagamas ( the 10 Siva tantras or agamas of dualistic doctrine the 18monodualistic Rudra tantras or agamas ) and the 64 monistic Bhairava tantras; .Tirumantram of Triumular; Tirumurai of Nambiandar Nambi (Works of the Four great saints of tamilnadu Appar , Sundarar etc );, Sivagnana Bodham of Maikandar;Nandikesawar kasika of Nandiewara; Siva Drusti of Somananda; Pratyabhijanana of Utpaladeva; Sivasutra and Spanda karika of Kshemaraja; Paratrisika; Kulagnana of Machendranath; Pasupada Sutras of Lakulisa. (And there are many others).

(3) To teach the system of Saivite doctrine and to propagate Saivism, as it is very effective system of spiritual transformation. .

(4) To support ascetics so as to provide a class spiritual climate for single minded spiritual pursuit. To make a sanctuary of Mystics and ascetics.

Of course these are some of my ideas. You can modify and contribute to this. The essential idea is to create a world class genuine spiritual centre.

I am with you on this very holy and grand spiritual project.

Do let me know your ideas on this.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by bhaktajan

yes, I am a fool and thus I must quote from the authorty of an Acarya (bonefide Guru spiritual master) --so any opinion of mine that I have shared with you comes from the Brahma-Madhva-Chaitanya-Sampradaya.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

Thanks for keeping your routine work going. It would have been better if you would have told 'Authority of an Acharya who doesnt respect Advaita, Doesnt respect Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma but know only how to hate the non-ISKCONites and non Vaishnavas'.

[How do you Know "It would have been better" whatever I elect to say?

Advaita is elementary studies incorporated into vedanta that we lead to Krishna except for enviousness which causes one to concider themselves as God Incarnate.

So you do know my philosophy?

You active only in revealing your stance to me?

My stance is that all souls are Vaishnavas --but many have an "attitude" aka self-conceit.]

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Academically I must seek to know who translated [from the sanskrit, tamil etc] the sastra that You are quoting? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It was Agastya Muni who was the founder of Tamil Language who is reveredly called Agastyar by revered Tamilians.

[Agastya? You mean Shiva's Younger brother?

Agastya, son of Lord Brahma?

So you are reading directly from tamil?

So you are reading directly from Agastya's text?

It is wonderful that the warring Rajas from 1000 years ago in your pradesh would honor the Words of the Vedas.

So you are a South Indian Vaishnava? That's nice.

I am reading sanskrit translations by a Swami named Bhaktivedanta. ]

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Our knowledge is based upon whom did we recieve it from? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now you know from whom did the Tamilians received the Rudra/Shiva Gyan. Not from SP. But his great great grand guru.

[but why do you not know what I learnt from Swami named Bhaktivedanta?

The family lineage of disciples that finally arrived into the hands of the Swami named Bhaktivedanta had its fame spread worldwide--to spread Shiva's potencies & Fame is to make Sri Krishna attactive to all fallen living entities, from the Devas to the Beasts--all will benefit from your great great grand guru--now that the work of the Swami named Bhaktivedanta is known even in your town & village. Jai Srila Prabhupada--the Swami named Bhaktivedanta.]

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>How can anyone understand the mysterious statements of the Vedas [Rg, atharva etc] without knowing the pastimes of all the great personalities of the Raghu and Indu Dynasties since Brahma's birth? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pastimes and playtimes are for kids and for those who think with the Mind. The pastimes and playtimes are intended 'Always' to pacify the mind.

[What you are saying is Maya, without scriptural Reference--beware, some will think you are a self-proclaimed Spiritual Master that actually is seeking fame, wealth, adoration and distinction--I'm just saying this because I fear that you will be lost for Kalpas and kalpas in the ocean of repeated birth and death--but you know my position, right?]

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>An interpreter of the cyptic verses of the Rg Veda are meant for artha, Kama & Dharma only. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That was a lovely quote. Thanks.

[Yes, oblivion-ly you seek the temporary opulences that are attainable with hard work and a little risk of walking a razors edge.

By you know my position on this matter = The Vedas teach regulations for attaining Wealth, Enjoyment & Up-right Fame/Religosity.

But only Mukunda [Krishna] and award Mukti/Moksha/liberation/salvation.

Vaishnavas, such as Lord Shiva-ji are also seeking Moksha at the end of his life time so that he can retire to repose himself in Govinda's embrace.]

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Mukunda's face is Krishna's face--and even in Krishna's pastimes the world stage was eager to fight with him directly--so we are in training for our part in future advents when sides will be drawn and amrita-Rasa will rain hard upon all equally-- yet some will take shelter while other will run like mad. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Your Krishna bhakti is indeed unquestionable. The only questionable aspect is your attitude to question the Shiva Bhakti. At some point, you devoted your life of Sri Krishna Bhakti, the same way, the others have a choice to be devoted to Shiva. When you search in the Vedas for the meaning of Atma, the only definition of Atma is 'Shivam Shantam Advaitam Chathurtam Manyante Sa Atma Sabigyeyah'. If you believe that you have an Atma, you are indeed Shiva himself. That is the reason why you believe that you are a staunch Vaishnava.

[You know my position = Shiva is Greatest Vaishnava therefore Shiva's acolytes are actually covered Vaishnavas--COME ON! CATCH UP ALREADY!]

Yo yo yam yam,

Bhaktajan

Vaishnavas, such as Lord Shiva-ji are also seeking Moksha at the end of his life time so that he can retire to repose himself in Govinda's embrace.

Bhaktajan, could you please elaborate on this statement?

I had not heard this idea before.

In the Bhagavad-gita (10.2), the Absolute Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna, states:

“Neither the hosts of demigods nor the great sages know My origin or opulences, for in every respect I am the source of the demigods and sages.”

Thus <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> is the origin of the powers delegated to demigods, great sages and mystics. Although they are endowed with great powers, these powers are limited, and thus it is very difficult for them to know how Krishna Himself appears by His own internal potency in the form of a man.

Many philosophers and great rishis, or mystics, try to distinguish the Absolute from the relative by their tiny brain power.

By conceiving of the Absolute in this way, one can at the utmost reach the impersonal effulgence of God, known as Brahman, but one cannot make further progress to Bhagavan, the Personality of Godhead.

Nor do they know that <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> has His eternal form with its transcendental qualities of eternal bliss and knowledge. The dependent demigods and great sages imperfectly consider Him to be a powerful demigod, and they consider the Brahman effulgence to be the Absolute Truth.

In the Bhagavad-gita (7.20, 23) it is said that only unintelligent, bewildered persons driven by a strong desire for sense gratification worship the demigods for the temporary relief of temporary problems.

Bg 7.20 "Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures."

Bg 7.23 "Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet."

In this way one can reach the moon planet, the sun planet and even Brahmaloka, the topmost planet in this universe. However, all planets in the material universe are temporary residences; the only permanent planets are the Vaikunthalokas. These are found in the spiritual sky, where the Personality of Godhead Himself predominates.

As Lord Krishna states in the Bhagavad-gita (8.16):

“From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But one who attains My abode, O son of Kunti, never takes birth again.”

one who worships the demigods and attains to their material planets still remains in the darkest region of the universe. The whole universe is covered by the gigantic material elements; it is just like a coconut covered by a shell and half-filled with water [the 'brahma-anda'].

Since its covering is airtight, the darkness within is dense, and therefore the sun and the moon are required for illumination.

Outside the universe is the vast and unlimited brahmajyoti expansion, which is filled with Vaikunthalokas where the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna Himself, resides.

Lord Sri Krishna never leaves Krishnaloka. Although He dwells there with His eternal associates, He is omnipresent throughout the complete material and spiritual cosmic manifestations.

Rather, we must worship the Absolute Personality of Godhead, <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place>, who is all-attractive and who can bestow upon us complete freedom from material bondage by taking us back home, back to Godhead.

There are many pseudo worshipers who become religionists only for the sake of name and fame. Such pseudo religionists do not wish to get out of this universe and reach the spiritual sky.

They only want to maintain the status quo in the material world under the garb of worshiping the Lord. The atheists and impersonalists lead such foolish pseudo religionists into the darkest regions by preaching the cult of atheism.

The atheist directly denies the existence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and the impersonalists support the atheists by stressing the impersonal aspect of the Supreme Lord.

The impersonal conception of the Supreme Lord is another form of ignorance, arising from an imperfect conception of the Absolute Truth.

These impersonalists generally pose themselves as incarnations of God to foolish persons who have no knowledge of Vedic wisdom. If such foolish men have any knowledge at all, it is more dangerous in their hands than ignorance itself.

Such impersonalists do not even worship the demigods according to the scriptural recommendations.

In the scriptures there are recommendations for worshiping demigods under certain circumstances, but at the same time these scriptures state that there is normally no need for this.

In the Bhagavad-gita (7.23) it is clearly stated that the results derived from worshiping the demigods are not permanent.

Since the entire material universe is impermanent, whatever is achieved within the darkness of material existence is also impermanent. The question is how to obtain real and permanent life.

The Lord states that as soon as one reaches Him by devotional service—which is the one and only way to approach the Personality of Godhead—one attains complete freedom from the bondage of birth and death.

In other words, the path of salvation from the material clutches fully depends on the principles of knowledge and detachment gained from serving the Lord.

The pseudo religionists have neither knowledge nor detachment from material affairs, for most of them want to live in the golden shackles of material bondage under the shadow of philanthropic activities disguised as religious principles.

hi guys,

I dont know whether thehat have mentioned in a positive aspect or negative aspect regarding me building lord shiva temple and comparing it with cinema theatre.c understand onething guys.i dont want any arguments from u guys.i just need help in fulfilling my dream.if not leave it.coz this argument will go on.i never wanted to hurt others feelings unless and until the others start.some guys purposely wanted to hurt others feelings.thats what making me so sad.i beleive lord shiva.i mean 100%.so i wanted to do something for him.thats it.why is that some guys wanted to send some idiotic mesages stating lord shiva works for adharma.lord shiva is a demi god.dont pray him.that is what making lord shiva bhakthas like me more irritating.lord shiva is under lord vishnu.did i ever ask these things to u guys? understand onemore thing.no god is superior or inferior than the other.there r several incidents where both helped each other.then why do these guys say lord vishnu is dominant? very chidish like bhaktajan.

This discussion is leading to discrepencies between Shiva and vishnu though both are the same. This feeling of Difference is not good for the Hinduism which is giving other Religions a way to pin point on hinduism that it is a religion of no unity etc. Please understand the thesis of this post. Let us say

Om namah sivaya, Om namo narayanaya,om namo vigneswaraya,swamiye saranam ayyappa, Ome sai ram.

thehat,

why do compare lord shiva temple with cinema theatre's? r u also from ISCON? i am not a rich guy.but i have the desire to make my dream.thats enough.lord shiva will help me in making my dreams true.what is thet better to build a lord rama or lord krishna temple? why do u send such a messages?

In life there is always opposition, especially if we design to do the work of God.

I am sure you know stories of many saints who received great trials.

So, here is a suggestion. Tuffen up, and prepare yourself for great trials. Use this minor opposition of Jan as a test.

i also wanted to convey the same.but some guys like hare krishna bugs

With an approach like this, you will only attain a sectarian affair, with religious conflict. And the goal of harmony and love will not be attained.

We need to rise above neophyte mentality - especially if we aspire to be founders of temples.

This feeling of Difference is not good for the Hinduism which is giving other Religions a way to pin point on hinduism that it is a religion of no unity etc.

Religious argument is definately painting a bad picture for the rest of the world, as yagna-narayana suggests. Just look at all the violence in India over the last month. It is disgraceful. Just a bunch of sectarian hoodlums under the guise of nationalism and religion. All parties involved are a disgrace to the name of harmony and the vision of the saints of India. Fully secular societies do not even have such acts of violence weaved through the thread of society - one group fighting another.

The same seems to be evident in this thread.

We need to rise above 'ass-like' neophyte mentality (the cause of so much violence) and at least be simple neophytes. Otherwise there is very little hope for us and our goals.

We need to be resiliant if we set high goals in the name of God.

Here is the perfect saint and spreader of Shiva consciousness. Look into her life of love and service. Read her biography that portrays great tolerance in the face of opposition. Her way is the way:

<div>........ width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k5oSTG8eVBErpmbXfm&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k5oSTG8eVBErpmbXfm&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1p2ks_amma-bhajan-chant-a-la-mere-divine_events">Amma bhajan chant à la mère divine</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/x--japan">x--japan</a></i></div>

your servant.

"Durga Puja (today) is one of the significant Hindu festivals, celebrated with much joy in the entire country. The occasion marks the occasion of Lord Rama and brother Lakshaman approaching Mother Durga to ask her for blessings in His planned attack on the demon Ravana. It is therefore considered the Supreme Personality of Godhead approaching Her for blessings to remove impediments to His spiritual goals should be the approach of the humble devotee of the Lord to clinche the important triumph of Lord Rama over the demon King, Ravana, the victory of good over evil....taken from Vaisnava Calendar Today!"

durga4.jpg

Dear balachandranv,

When you posted this message I was sure of an outcome to be honest.I shall not use or preach like few people did BUT those who use such bad terms for God Shiva are deffinately not vaishnavas and that they will realise later,better you ignore them and continue what you are suppose to do by taking birth on this earth,good luck.

thehat,

why do compare lord shiva temple with cinema theatre's? r u also from ISCON? i am not a rich guy.but i have the desire to make my dream.thats enough.lord shiva will help me in making my dreams true.what is thet better to build a lord rama or lord krishna temple? why do u send such a messages?

Hello my friend, sorry for my late response. I wasn't meaning any offense to you, you had just misinterpreted the meaning of my message. I'll break it down for you in an easy to comprehed message.

I think go ahead and build a Lord Shiva temple if you wish to.

Better to open a Lord Shiva temple in a given place rather than a cinema house, liqour store, strip club, butcher store etc

In this phrase I am giving you encouragement. What I was meaning by the statement of "better to open a Lord Shiva temple.." was that it is indeed a nice idea to open a Lord Shiva temple and it would be a lot better than a opening a cinema house or liqour store etc as those things tend to take up a lot of land in western countries. So basically, I don't know how to explain this - I thought my original message was clear to understand. Basically a Lord Shiva temple would make better use of land than a Cinema house or liqour store.

Also, I'm not from ISKCON, though I appreciate greatly the work they have done and continue to do - It's a tough job they're doing and so very important.

And I'm not a Vaishnava. Becoming a Vasihnava however, is something I aspire to become.

Look really I was just supporting your idea. I'm sorry if I had offended you, or even Lord Shiva. I actually like Lord Shiva a lot. I didn't mean any offense by it.

Don't stress.

Here is another Private instruction of Krishna to another Prophet Krishnamadhuramayi of ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Bengal</st1:place>. Krishnamadhuramayi has been so spiritually advanced by Krishna bhakti, that she used to see <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> in Praktiaksha. <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> used to play with her all the time during her fag end of her life. One day <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> announced her physical death. She asked <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> for mukti after this present life. <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> instructed her Lord Siva’s mantra and advised her to worship Lord Siva for the rest of her life. Madhuramayi was disappointed and asked why <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> himself is not gracing her with Moksha . <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> explained her that He is the preserver and cannot destroy Ego. He can goive her Goloka heven if she desires that but Not Moksha that requires the destruction of the ego. Siva alone can do that . Mohsha is Siva’s Department. Ultimately all souls will have to worship Siva for Moksha. For Swarga – heven – other gods will do but for moksha Lord Siva alone is the master.

She Instructed all her wVaishnava deciples to woership Siva at her fag end of her spiritual carrier and to those choose to continued to be Vishnavate advised not to engage in Siva Nindha, which her Vishnavite deciles were freely doing all along. She told them Categorically the <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> message : Those who Do Siva Ninda not only have no hope of Liberation, but they have no hope to gain even their favorite gods’ heavens. Siva Nindha is a grave Sin; And Vishnu certainly will not tolerate it. Even if a soul is devoted dearly to Vishnu and chants his mantra and serves him Trillion Kalpas, one single Sivaninda will destroy the entire merit and such a soul will sure to go to hell.

<st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> seems to give contradictory instructions in his private conversations with his different Prophets.

Fool(s)! Awake. May be it is you who are going to Hell by believing such Sinful dogma of your chosen Prophet.

1) Originally Posted by Bhaktajan

Vaishnavas, such as Lord Shiva-ji are also seeking Moksha at the end of his life time so that he can retire to repose himself in Govinda's embrace.

2) Originally Posted by SmileyBhaktajan, could you please elaborate on this statement?

I had not heard this idea before.

3) Originally Posted by Trivedi

Obviously You could not have heard this idea before - no one heard it before -

.................................................................................

You simply do not know "who is who". Who indicates a "person".

You are interupting the important work by ligitamate Vaishnavas with your confusion.

You will post long diatribes aimed at ME and supremacy of your idiosyncratic favorite "God, Goddess & Empty space" --yet you are a mess, aren't you?

Please confess the dire circumstance(s) that you need relief from.

The first step in seeking a cure is to admit that one is ailing.

I post for one purpose:

So you will know what is orthodox Vedic Philosophy--Now you have been told.

HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED WHAT YOU ARE OMITTING IN YOUR OWN POSTINGS & RESPONSE-POSTINGS?

Where are the Glories of Shiva? I know his glories --you are not posting his glories you are berating Vishnu's source, Krishna.

That is your contribution: berating Vishnu's source, Krishna.

What does Shiva & your sastra say about berating Vishnu's source, Krishna?

Congratulations you have waited until now so that you could acheive the unique skills in berating Vishnu's source, Krishna.

..........................................................................................................

Here is what I learnt from the most historically impressive Holyman that ever hailed from India, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada:

Bhagavata-Purana 1.2.26:

"Those who are serious about liberation are certainly nonenvious, and they respect all. Yet they reject the horrible and ghastly forms of the demigods and worship only the all-blissful forms of Lord Vishnu and His plenary portions."

PURPORT

The Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krishna, who is the original person of the Vishnu categories, expands Himself in two different categories, namely integrated plenary portions and separated parts and parcels. The separated parts and parcels are the servitors, and the integrated plenary portions of Vishnu-tattvas are the worshipful objects of service.

All demigods who are empowered by the Supreme Lord are also separated parts and parcels. They do not belong to the categories of Vishnu-tattva. The Vishnu-tattvas are living beings equally as powerful as the original form of the Personality of Godhead, and They display different categories of power in consideration of different times and circumstances.

The separated parts and parcels are powerful by limitation. They do not have unlimited power like the Vishnu-tattvas. Therefore, one should never classify the Vishnu-tattvas, or the plenary portions of Narayana, the Personality of Godhead, in the same categories with the parts and parcels. If anyone does so he becomes at once an offender by the name pashandi. In the age of Kali many foolish persons commit such unlawful offenses and equalize the two categories.

The separated parts and parcels have different positions in the estimation of material powers, and some of them are like Kala-bhairava, ShmaShana-bhairava, Shani, Mahakali and Candika. These demigods are worshiped mostly by those who are in the lowest categories of the mode of darkness or ignorance.

Other demigods, like Brahma, Shiva, Surya, Ganesha and many similar deities, are worshiped by men in the mode of passion, urged on by the desire for material enjoyment. But those who are actually situated in the mode of goodness (sattva-guna) of material nature worship only Vishnu-tattvas. Vishnu-tattvas are represented by various names and forms, such as Narayana, Damodara, Vamana, Govinda and Adhokshaja.

The qualified brahmanas worship the Vishnu-tattvas represented by the Shalagrama-Shila, and some of the higher castes like the kshatriyas and vaishyas also generally worship the Vishnu-tattvas.

Highly qualified brahmanas situated in the mode of goodness have no grudges against the mode of worship of others. They have all respect for other demigods, even though they may look ghastly, like Kala-bhairava or Mahakali.

They know very well that those horrible features of the Supreme Lord are all different servitors of the Lord under different conditions, yet they reject the worship of both horrible and attractive features of the demigods, and they concentrate only on the forms of Vishnu because they are serious about liberation from the material conditions.

The demigods, even to the stage of Brahma, the supreme of all the demigods, cannot offer liberation to anyone. Hiranyakashipu underwent a severe type of penance to become eternal in life, but his worshipful deity, Brahma, could not satisfy him with such blessings.

Therefore Vishnu, and none else, is called mukti-pada, or the Personality of Godhead who can bestow upon us mukti, liberation. The demigods, being like other living entities in the material world, are all liquidated at the time of the annihilation of the material structure.

They are themselves unable to get liberation, and what to speak of giving liberation to their devotees. The demigods can award the worshipers some temporary benefit only, and not the ultimate one.

It is for this reason only that candidates for liberation deliberately reject the worship of the demigods, although they have no disrespect for any one of them.

"The greatest of all sins is ignorance – not to know what lies in our body. What wonderful beings we are! And the Sustainer of this universe is knocking at the gate of our heart, trying to walk in through the portals of silence and make within us a garden of happiness with the roses and blossoms of immortal qualities. If we will only let the Divine Gardener come in, we will see that all the weeds will wither and the Divine Gardener will grow the blossoms of immortality peace, and joy eternal."

Through tests we learn life's lessons. Tests are not meant to crush us: They are to develop our powers. They come through the natural law of progress and are necessary for us to advance from lower to higher steps.

Mind is the source of all your troubles and all your happiness. You really are stronger than all your tests. If you don't realize it now, you will have to realize it later. God has given you the power to control your mind and body and thus be free from pain and sorrow. Never say, "I am through." Do not poison your mind by thinking that if you walk a little more you will over-exert yourself, or if you cannot get certain foods you will suffer, and so on.

Never allow your mind to entertain thoughts of illness or limitation: You will see your body change for the better. Remember that mind is the power that is creating this body, and if the mind is weak, the body becomes weak. Don't grieve or worry about anything.

If you strengthen your mind, you will not feel bodily pains. No matter what happens, you must be absolutely free in your mind. As in a dream, you may think that you are ill but, awakened by a slap, you see it is not true. So in the state of wakefulness you must know that this life is also nothing but a dream. Mind has no connection with the body apart from what connection you give it. When your mind can completely remain apart from the body at will, you will be free. Remember that you are immortal.

In order to pass life's tests, you will need rejuvenation in both body and mind. You will need to develop elasticity of the mind. If you can't meet life's tests, you will be helpless when trials and tribulations come.

At times life seems to be a cruel game. The only justification for it is that in reality it is only a dream. You have had many experiences through many incarnations and you will have others in future incarnations, but they should not frighten you. You must play all parts in the motion picture of life, inwardly saying, "I am Spirit." This is the great consolation that wisdom gives us.

Realize the presence of the Infinite. Behold God, your own Father, your own Spirit, behind the shadows. In your heart of hearts realize this, no matter what your impulses dictate. Let nothing sit on the throne of your heart but God. If you love God's creation more than God, you will be disillusioned. God must be first, last, and always. Do not follow the dictates of this earthly dreamland, for dreams sometimes turn into nightmares. Break this dream delusion by waking in God, and you will be safe forever.

Here is the perfect saint and spreader of Shiva consciousness. Look into her life of love and service. Read her biography that portrays great tolerance in the face of opposition. Her way is the way

I have been an admirer of Ammachi for some years now. I also spent a small time at her ashram in Kerala in 2005

and 2006. I read an autobiography of her penned by one of the Swamis in her inner circle. She was born into a Vaishnava household. Even as a child she was a great Krishna Bhakti and composed beautiful poems for her Lord. When I was at her ashram in India, she had her followers recite the entire chapter 15 of Sanskrit Bhagavad Gita before they ate. Also, at the very top of her temple at Amritapuri, Kerala she has a sculpture of Sri Krishna as the chariot driver of Prince Arjuna. Nowadays her followers see her as a manifestation of Sri Mata Durga. Here is the official home page of Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi : www.AmritaPuri.org

Thx smiley. A good friend just left amritapuri ashram a few days ago. He loved it and received her darshan and embrace.

Her biography is a great read for sure, and the poems are full of love and devotion.

hi bhaktajan,

i hope u r reading only bhagavat geetha and none other else.

"Other demigods, like Brahma, Shiva, Surya, Ganesha and many similar deities, are worshiped by men in the mode of passion, urged on by the desire for material enjoyment. But those who are actually situated in the mode of goodness (sattva-guna) of material nature worship only Vishnu-tattvas. Vishnu-tattvas are represented by various names and forms, such as Narayana, Damodara, Vamana, Govinda and Adhokshaja." was quoted by you.

I am telling u onething.no god is materialistic.its up to us.its the human nature of asking everything to god.even lord krishna does the same. when u ask anything he will give u.thats his duty.when u dont ask anything,he will give us a priceless gift which v wouldn't even expect.u dint understand god properly.according to the principle of advaita.everything is one.let me come to ur point.u say that lord shiva and all other gods r under lord krishna.if lord shiva is one of the characteristics of lord krishna,then u r disrespecting ur own god.u r disrespecting lord krishna.u only said that lord shiva is also a vaishnava,then u r disrespecting vaishnavas.thats ur conclusion.u guys r always misguided and were taught the wrong meaning of god.

please read other books also.what ever u say, i am telling u onething.lord shiva is born to destroy the evils.u dint understand him properly.only bcoz of lord shiva,evils had the fear of death.those who do sins they will be punished.those who thinks that he knows everything and very egoistic,he will destroy the ego.he created the fear of death when the sins r made by anyone.he only proved that life is not permanant.he only proved what ever enjoyment u do in ur life that is not permanant.but after ur death,only he is gonna take away our ashes.he is gonna guide u depending up on our punya and sins.only lord shiva can take away the ego.u first know the meaning of 3 ashes in lord shiva's body.

1)to destroy ego and teach u the real knowlegde 2) to destroy sins and punya so that v r away from fear of taking another birth 3) to destroy the maya world(virtual world) which controls us.

hi bhaktajan,

i hope u r reading only bhagavat geetha and none other else.

"Other demigods, like Brahma, Shiva, Surya, Ganesha and many similar deities, are worshiped by men in the mode of passion, urged on by the desire for material enjoyment. But those who are actually situated in the mode of goodness (sattva-guna) of material nature worship only Vishnu-tattvas. Vishnu-tattvas are represented by various names and forms, such as Narayana, Damodara, Vamana, Govinda and Adhokshaja." was quoted by you.

I am telling u onething.no god is materialistic.its up to us.its the human nature of asking everything to god.even lord krishna does the same. when u ask anything he will give u.thats his duty.when u dont ask anything,he will give us a priceless gift which v wouldn't even expect.u dint understand god properly.according to the principle of advaita.everything is one.let me come to ur point.u say that lord shiva and all other gods r under lord krishna.if lord shiva is one of the characteristics of lord krishna,then u r disrespecting ur own god.u r disrespecting lord krishna.u only said that lord shiva is also a vaishnava,then u r disrespecting vaishnavas.thats ur conclusion.u guys r always misguided and were taught the wrong meaning of god.

please read other books also.what ever u say, i am telling u onething.lord shiva is born to destroy the evils.u dint understand him properly.only bcoz of lord shiva,evils had the fear of death.those who do sins they will be punished.those who thinks that he knows everything and very egoistic,he will destroy the ego.he created the fear of death when the sins r made by anyone.he only proved that life is not permanant.he only proved what ever enjoyment u do in ur life that is not permanant.but after ur death,only he is gonna take away our ashes.he is gonna guide u depending up on our punya and sins.only lord shiva can take away the ego.u first know the meaning of 3 ashes in lord shiva's body.

1)to destroy ego and teach u the real knowlegde 2) to destroy sins and punya so that v r away from fear of taking another birth 3) to destroy the maya world(virtual world) which controls us.