IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
avinashj

GHANAPATHA or Simple Chanting ???

Rate this topic

Hi,

I have been chanting vedic mantras (like- Gayatri, Maha-Mritunjaya etc.) daily for the last few years and I feel a positive effect on me. Recently, I learned how to do Ghanapatha (1-2-2-1, 1-2-3-3-2-1, 1-2-3 and so on...). Now I feel confused-

(1.) if I should continue my simple chanting style

OR (2.) I should chant those vedic matras in GHANPATHA style

OR (3.) I should do both a little.

Please suggest me what will be most benefiacial for my sprititual growth. Tell me more about GHANPATHA and its effect if you please.

Ghana patha or vikruti patha is chanted at the end of some long(er) mantra patha or a stotra. The mantra patha or what you refer to as simple patha should be always chanted (if you are offering a prayer), you can follow it up with the ghanapatha. For example, if you are doing Shiva Abhisheka

Assuming sankalpa, prokshana etc has already been done..you will start with:

Laghu Nyasa

Nyasa

Dhyanam

one paragraph of Chamakam

Rudram

Chamakam

Purusha Suktam

Durga Suktam

Pancha mukha Shiva mantram

Ghana patha

Shanti Mantras (Atleast 5)

then you are done. Notice the Ghana patha is before the shanti mantra and after all other suktas which are chanted in mantra patha style.

Hi,

I have been chanting vedic mantras (like- Gayatri, Maha-Mritunjaya etc.) daily for the last few years and I feel a positive effect on me. Recently, I learned how to do Ghanapatha (1-2-2-1, 1-2-3-3-2-1, 1-2-3 and so on...). Now I feel confused-

(1.) if I should continue my simple chanting style

OR (2.) I should chant those vedic matras in GHANPATHA style

OR (3.) I should do both a little.

Please suggest me what will be most benefiacial for my sprititual growth. Tell me more about GHANPATHA and its effect if you please.

Ghanapatham gives 1000 times more phalam (result) as compared to normal chanting, you will observe the each word gets repeated at least 13 times in ghanapatha, yes if you master the ghanapatham with proper swarams, you will be blessed with 1000 times more blessings by the god.....

Srirudra