IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Tell me about the hunchback woman whom Krishna cured

Rate this topic

There is a story that Krishna met a hunchback woman and cured her because of which she again looked beautiful.

Can you tell me what she was in her previous birth? Is it written in any scripture?

I remember reading in Brahm Vaivart Puran that Surpanakha was reborn as Kubja. Somewhere (don't remember where), I read that Manthara was reborn as Kunja. I have also read that she was an expansion of Satyabhama. Are all these correct? If yes, how do you reconcile these?

There is a story that Krishna met a hunchback woman and cured her because of which she again looked beautiful.

Can you tell me what she was in her previous birth? Is it written in any scripture?

I remember reading in Brahm Vaivart Puran that Surpanakha was reborn as Kubja. Somewhere (don't remember where), I read that Manthara was reborn as Kunja. I have also read that she was an expansion of Satyabhama. Are all these correct? If yes, how do you reconcile these?

It is probably only possible when stated by a great Vaishnava or sastra.

At http://www.stephen-knapp.com it says that Kubja was later reborn as Kashi Mishra. To take part in Caitanya lila is very special and this Kubja in Krsna lila must have been a very advanced devotee.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/Brahma_Madhva_Gaudiya_Disciplic_Succession.htm

Vasudeva Datta was the incarnation of Prahlada Maharaja.

Raghunatha Vaidya was formerly Revati, the wife of Lord Balarama.

Kashi Mishra was formerly the hunchback, Kubja, during Krishna's time.

Bhavananda Raya was formerly Pandu, and his five sons, namely Ramananda Raya, Pattanayaka Gopinatha, Kalanidhi, Subhanidhi, and Nayaka Vaninatha, were formerly the five Pandavas.

Lord Caitanya's family brother, Vishvarupa, son of Jagannatha Mishra, was an incarnation of Baladeva, Krishna's brother.