IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktachris

Passing Away of Sadaputa Prabhu

Rate this topic

Passing Away of Sadaputa Prabhu

BY: HARI-SAURI DASA HERE

post-13-1221913411.jpg

Sep 19, (SAMPRADAYA SUN) — I just heard the terrible news that Sriman Sadaputa prabhu, one of the foremost thinkers in our society, has just departed this world. I have no detailed information at this moment other than that his body was found in the bottom of his swimming pool at his home in Alachua FL, USA. He was a personal friend and like many other devotees around the world who knew him, this news has come as a body blow.

I am including here a brief biography from the Bhaktivedanta Institute website:

"Sadaputa Dasa (Richard L. Thompson) was born in Binghamton, New York, in 1947. In 1974, he received his Ph.D. in mathematics from Cornell University, where he specialized in probability theory and statistical mechanics. He went on to do research in quantum physics and mathematical biology at the State University of New York at Binghamton, Cambridge University in the United Kingdom, and the La Jolla Institute in San Diego. He is the author of seven books and the producer of six videos on science and philosophy, and he has written many articles for scientific journals and for Back To Godhead, the magazine of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. His most recent book, Mysteries of the Sacred Universe, discusses evidence of advanced astronomical knowledge in India's ancient texts known as the Puranas. He has designed exhibits using computer animation and multimedia techniques to present the Vedic cosmology and the Vedic world view to the general populace, and he is presently writing book discussing the laws of physics and the nature and origin of life."

My sincere and heartfelt condolences go out to his wife and children.

I will be writing a memoriam soon to this brilliant devotee, who Srila Prabhupada once praised as a "real mahatma".

Some places on the web like Melbourne Temple Australia have reported this wrong, ignore the following mix up

FOLK News

20 Sep 2008 ... In memory of Drutakarma Dasa (Michael Cremo, co-author of Forbidden Archaeology), Maharaj sang a bhajan- ...

been a fan of both for a long time .....sorry to hear this .... hope he found srila prabhupada waiting with a smile in the new world....

Hare krishna