IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
brahma kumar

Is god omnipresent?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

Om shanti.

Let us think logically can god be omnipresent?

If god is present in me and you then what is the requirement of taking Avatars:confused:

If calling someone a donkey or an ass is offensive how can you do the same to the supreme:crazy: .

It's almost like scolding him rather than praising him:( ?

brahma kumar

Namaste

If god is present in me and you then what is the requirement of taking Avatars

I have an idea about what an avatara may actually be rather than Vishnu or any other personal god coming down in the form of human or animal. One of them is that an avatara is actually someone like you or me but this person has fully realized God and remained in that state of realization so that this person is no longer "Bob" or "Amisha." In response to what is wrong with society or the human race, this avatara teaches what is dharmic or takes action in every correct way.

If calling someone a donkey or an ass is offensive how can you do the same to the supreme

Haven't you read in the Upanishads that God is not harmed or tainted by anything? What we comprehend to be offensive or bad is out own arbitrary comprehension.

You do not have to worry about anything like this my friend. :)

Spiritual experience may reveal to you that we do not at all have to find intellectual support for God being omnipresent. You can experience his omnipresence!

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

If god is present in me and you then what is the requirement of taking Avatars

in a average human the god within is merely a "'Sakshi - or witness"

in other words in a common man god is like a passanger who has been tied up into a seat and fully aware that the pilot intends to crash the aircraft into some building...

whereas in a "avtar" god is the pilot who is guiding the aircraft and all passengers to safety.

If calling someone a donkey or an ass is offensive how can you do the same to the supreme

things which are offensive to a human arent necessarily offensive to a supreme entity... if you were to read the tantrik texts you might realise that the dirtiest things like menstrual blood and semen are considered the source of immense power.

the goodness or badness of a thing lies not in the thing itself but in the eye that sees. and the eye of a supreme being sees not the words but the thoughts behind the words... like prabhu shri ram eating the berries offered by shabri

Hello everyone,

Om shanti.

If god is present in me and you then what is the requirement of taking Avatars:confused:

If calling someone a donkey or an ass is offensive how can you do the same to the supreme:crazy: .

It's almost like scolding him rather than praising him:( ?

Since the material world is created to fullfill the jiva's desire to imitate God, everything in the material world is made in such a way to serve this purpose.

Therefore the conditioned souls can never perceive God's omnipresence and God appears as Avatar.

From sastra we learn that Krsna is conscious about everything what is happening in the lives of unlimited jivas and like pic below is immediately helping his devotees. Logically this can be called omnipresent.

i1fyg0.jpg

in a average human the god within is merely a "'Sakshi - or witness"

in other words in a common man god is like a passanger who has been tied up into a seat and fully aware that the pilot intends to crash the aircraft into some building...

whereas in a "avtar" god is the pilot who is guiding the aircraft and all passengers to safety.

Om shanti,

let me explain wat it means.

The swadharm(natural nature)of the soul is a peaceful state.

Brother Shivaduta ,

If god is a passenger and he is allowing me to crash then the concept of karma is under question.

It would mean he makes us sin and makes us pay.

It's like saying MAYA(lust,anger..)is god itself and making us do this.

We also notice that with every generation the MAYA in mankind is increasing ,our values are decreasing why is it so?

Secondly if god is everywhere how can i concentrate/meditate on him?

If my mother is omnipresent how can i concentrate my mind on her?:confused:

... if you were to read the tantrik texts you might realise that the dirtiest things like menstrual blood and semen are considered the source of immense power.

Considering that our text's are thousand's of years old and initially all texts were passed to other generations through voice(mouth).

We must also consider how much of it has been edited,removed,added,deleted to think of it as god's word i consider is not so wise.

Haven't you read in the Upanishads that God is not harmed or tainted by anything? What we comprehend to be offensive or bad is out own arbitrary comprehension.

om shanti,

No one can die from a snake bite. It's the poison that kills them. You may receive the poison of another’s words, or even just in a glance, but you don’t have to absorb it or allow it free passage through the veins of your consciousness.

Brahma kumaris.

Rightly said bgitha67 .

Wat we need to find is the truth .

Though i understand that god is never hurt morever he is guiding me also not to recieve others poison

Hello everyone,

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Om</st1:place> shanti.

Yes

In which to recognize God transcending time, then life exists throughout God’s universe.

Such that since the beginning, there was God, there is life. Then to recognize the rules of what makes life exist, then God is recognized as the combining of the three making existence and life possible.

Mass, energy, time; the trinity of what makes existence capable to experience and life itself.

If god is present in me and you then what is the requirement of taking Avatars<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/images/smilies/confused.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\TODDBI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

just like if man was a monkey some time passed. The one who had the weird back and could stand up and carry their child, food and materials lived when perhaps a fire burned the trees down. Such the idea is, if all are equal and one stands up with something a little more beneficial for ‘life to continue’ than that ‘new’ gift from ‘existence’ often has greater potential for the good of the whole.

So be it knowledge or compassionate understanding; the one who has the gift to benefit life is the progression to observe. The key is in how to observe the effect.

Good: support life to continue

Bad: loss to the common

If calling someone a donkey or an ass is offensive how can you do the same to the supreme<v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"> <v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/images/smilies/crazy1.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\TODDBI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>.
many an ass have carried a heavy burden, honor what is provided as part of God in which sometimes a real ‘ass’ can provide much to carry the load of comprehension

It's almost like scolding him rather than praising him<v:shape id=_x0000_i1027 style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"> <v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/images/smilies/frown.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\TODDBI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image003.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>?

So praise in all that can be done and appreciate life each moment such as you can even find the good lessons in a car wreck.