IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Fasting?

Rate this topic

once you begin taming the mind through mantra or tratak you will find the effects improving if u fast... as fasting helps in generation of mind states which are more receptive...

a crude example is the starving of prisoners during interrogation where the interrogators find it easy to break the prisoner's will.

in the case of mental discipline you urself are trying to tame your mind by starving your body... without other disciplines just fasting might achieve nothing much

Is there a fasting practice that one can do?

There're many different kind of fasting and basically it depends on the individual situation. Not to eat sweats is also a kind of fasting. For me it came out that I shouldnt eat after 4 pm, it is a much better overall physical well being. This is also a kind of fasting, but with the goal to improve spiritual life and not a type of fasting what makes me weak.

When reading through the Vaishnava calendar it says so often, fasting till noon. So just to follow all these fastings on the Vaishnava calendar is surely the best and sufficient.