IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
deepak22

who is the supreme god?

Rate this topic

who is the supreme god ?

i'm not talking about incarnations so please no ram krishna and all those ! because i know many of you want to convince the world that krishna is the supreme god but how can you forget that he was just the incarnation of VISHNU . many of you speak of VEDAS and many manuscripts of Hinduism. but have you all read it ? who wrote mahabharat ? any guesses ?

it was ganesh bhagwan who wrote it but BUT rishi VYAS only narrate it.

i have read somewhere that LORD SHIVA created lord vishnu and lord brahma!

i may be wrong but do correct me !

thank you all

The Vedas, most specifically in the following direct quote from the cream of the Vedas glorify the Supreme as the source of all incarnations and partial manifestations of Bhagavan:

<center>http://vedabase.net/sb/1/3/28/en</center>

Are we to argue against the Srimad-Bhagavatam or will we accept its clear conclusion and expand our understanding of His glorious position?

The Vedas, most specifically in the following direct quote from the cream of the Vedas glorify the Supreme as the source of all incarnations and partial manifestations of Bhagavan:

<center>http://vedabase.net/sb/1/3/28/en</center>

Are we to argue against the Srimad-Bhagavatam or will we accept its clear conclusion and expand our understanding of His glorious position?

yes, the 'VAISHNAVISED' version of Vedas :rolleyes:

If we consider each of us as a soul.

Then the supreme god is the supreme soul(paramathma)

Over time we have given a form to him ,relationships, and even believe he suffers the same vices(lust,anger,attachment,ego,greed) as we do now.

In short he is one who is pathith,pavan i.e makes a thorn into a beautiful flower filled with fragnance(the soul ,original sanskars of soul)

that's why he's called BABULNATH.

He gives us the nectar of knowledge called somras(not bhang)hence somnath.

He shows us the path to control our mind through rajyog(meditation) hence called manjunath.(karnatak)

He helps us over come the greatest fear the fear of death(soul is eternal) hence called amarnath.

he is jyothirling,athmaling symolises light...

His name means the seed,benefactor of all,point .

om shanti.

There are two points of view: one of them, tells us about God as impersonal and absolute. No form, beyond all the creation. The second one tells us about God who come in different forms on Earth and takes forms. So we have Jesus as God in person, we have Krishna and other avatars of Vishnu, etc this point differs from religion to another, from sect to sect. So if we need a present, manifested, in person, formal aspect to adore (with bhakti) we see God as person and we give Him different names. But if we see God as one, beyond creation, this is explicit said in all religious sources. Even Advaita Vedanta says there is One God, beyond all creation. We call him YHWH, Allah, Brahman, Paramashiva, and Parashakti and so on. Those are the Supreme names, given by scriptures. But peoples need to report first to a personal God, and we give different names. So, it is true to believe in one God, beyond all fragmented perceptions. For some peoples the way of religion is easy to follow by adoring a particular aspect of God. The supreme scope is one, no matter how we call Him. On the other side, there are many of us who tell, for example: “Veda says Krishna is God”. Far away from the text... But those exaggerations are a need to proclaim “my deity is Supreme”. My humble opinion is the fact in true God, there are no differences, no formal idea, no need to argue about some “god”, “incarnation” and so.

Why can’t there be a hierarchy of gods, with the supreme God at the top and humans at the bottom, and all levels relating in the same way to the next lower level. We may then be related to Krishna at the first higher level and to God (Brahman?) at the top. Don’t know the avatars/incarnations of all intermediate levels..

Regards

Here are my two cents on this fascinating subject: (Just my point of view)

First of all avatars of Lord Narayana are souls who come from Vaikunth. They are definitely under His guidance, but not "100%" Himself, per se. For example, when Parashurama met Rama during Sita ji's Svyambara, He did not know who Rama was. How can an avatar of God not know another avatar? God selects souls who are so great and devoted to become His insignia on earth during such a period of need.

As far as who is Supreme God, all are bound by Karma. God Himself otherwise would free us all from suffering as He is so benevolent. He is innocent, pure, supreme, and benevolent above all. Karma helps God shape the world and to put this huge puzzle together. Lord Shiva is in charge of the destructive principle, Lord Brahma in charge of the creative principle and Lord Narayana in charge of the ever so difficult preservation principle. All are supreme and all three Gods are benevolent.

My two cents. Not meant to step on any toes or cause an argument.

Aussie :)

Here is my 2 farthings:

Deepak's two big "but BUT" --this is certainly a coded message to those who would scramble a chick's egg before it has walked.

I have never seen anything like it. The USO should whollop ur arse with a rap star' chorus till you up-chuck, then you'll see.

God bless you,

bhaktajan

"Art reflects life. Life reflect art."

Similarly, Sastra has explained impersonal aggragate physics, and then, persona is also explained.

Sastra explains how the simplest rules apply at the lowest levels [ie: basic math 2+2=4 et al] and the same rules apply to the most supre-complicated [ie: Automated Payroll Check Service Company Computer Excel Spreadsheet Software]. The basic rules are superimposed upon themselves to create a pyramid heirarchy interalated functions to produce the pertenent 'bottom line' output. [ie: All the Boss wants to know from the Payroll company is 'What's the total'?]

If a Supreme Personality of Persons exists --that person would be beyond temporal states of being.

A person who is the source of all manifest and non-maifest potential creative time --is absolute.

Sastra explains that all paraphenalia has a persona behind the scene how is the superintendent.

Futher, Sastra explains these personas [just as all living entities experience also] is an extended 'family'.

So the question is:

'Who is Brahma's Real Father'? Maha-Vishnu?

'Who is Maha-Vishnu's Real Father'? Narayana?

'Who is Narayana's Real Father'? Balarama?

'Who is Balarama's Real Father'? Krishna?

'Who is Krishna's Real Father'? Vasudeva?

'Who is Krishna's Real Grandfather Father'? Maternal Sumukha and paternal Parjanya?

Oye. This is why people drink sweetened wine.

namaste,

here is my take. firstly it is your belief that krishna, rama, et al are avatars and not the source. this is fine as it is your belief but please be respectful of those of us who disagree because of our texts ie: the gita and srimad bhagavatam. and yes many here are extremely well read and can not only quote scripture and verse but do it in sanskrit.

next, why does it matter who is supreme? this argument pops up every so often and honestly to me it seems completely fruitless. the vaishnavas are never going to convince the shaivites and the other way around, and lets not forget about the shaktis.

the truth is, everyone is going to think their ishta deva is #1 so why not just be content and practice your lineage. god is god and if shiva is number one is he going to care if we call him narayan and if vishnu is number one do you think he is going to care if some call him shiva?

these debates very rarely lead to any good.

Jai Sri Krishna!

at the level of supreme god there is no dwandwa... there is no duality... there is only one...

unfortunately when we look at this great god with our finite intellect we tend to give him limited attributes. this is what creates the dwandwa... or duality or multiple duality

when people talk of which is the greatest supreme god i think it comes out of ignorence and i remember the poem by by John Godfrey Saxe

quoting the poem ...

Six Wise Men of Hindustan

There were six men of Hindustan,

to learning much inclined,

Who went to see an elephant,

though all of them were blind,

That each by observation

might satisfy his mind.

The first approached the elephant,

and happening to fall

Against his broad and sturdy side,

at once began to bawl,

"This mystery of an elephant

is very like a wall."

The second, feeling of the tusk,

cried, "Ho, what have we here,

So very round and smooth and sharp?

To me 'tis mighty clear,

This wonder of an elephant

is very like a spear."

The third approached the elephant,

and happening to take

The squirming trunk within his hands,

thus boldly up and spake,

"I see," quoth he,

"the elephant is very like a snake."

The fourth reached out an eager hand,

and felt above the knee,

"What this most wondrous beast

is like is very plain" said he,

"'Tis clear enough the elephant

is very like a tree."

The fifth who chanced to touch the ear

said, "E'en the blindest man

Can tell what this resembles most;

deny the fact who can;

This marvel of an elephant

is very like a fan."

The sixth no sooner had begun

about the beast to grope,

Than seizing on the swinging tail

that fell within his scope;

"I see," said he, "the elephant

is very like a rope."

So six blind men of Hindustan

disputed loud and long,

Each in his own opinion

exceeding stiff and strong;

Though each was partly in the right,

they all were in the wrong!

who is the supreme god ?

i'm not talking about incarnations so please no ram krishna and all those ! because i know many of you want to convince the world that krishna is the supreme god but how can you forget that he was just the incarnation of VISHNU . many of you speak of VEDAS and many manuscripts of Hinduism. but have you all read it ? who wrote mahabharat ? any guesses ?

thank you all

Depends on who you ask or what is the source of your information.

The tenth book of the Rig-Veda regards the highest conception of God both as the Impersonal and the Personal: The Nasadiya Sukta states that the Supreme Being is both the Unmanifest and the Manifest, Existence as well as Non-existence, the Supreme Indeterminable.

The Purusha-Sukta proclaims that all this Universe is God as the Supreme Person - the Purusha with thousands of heads, thousands of eyes, thousands of limbs in His Cosmic Body. He envelops the whole cosmos and transcends it to infinity.

The Narayana-Sukta exclaims that whatever is anywhere, visible or invisible, all this is pervaded by Narayana within and without.

The Hiranyagarbha-Sukta of the Rig-Veda declares that God manifested Himself in the beginning as the Creator of the Universe, encompassing all things, including everything within Himself, the collective totality, as it were, of the whole of creation, animating it as the Supreme Intelligence.

The Satarudriya or Rudra-Adhyaya of the Yajur-Veda identifies all things, the high and the low, the moving and the unmoving, the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly, nay, every conceivable thing, with the all-pervading Siva or Rudra as the Supreme God.

The Isavasya Upanishad says that the whole Universe is pervaded by Isvara or God, who is both within and without it. He is the moving and the unmoving, He is far and near, He is within all these and without all these.

The Kena Upanishad says that the Supreme Reality is beyond the perception of the senses and the mind because the senses and the mind can visualise and conceive only the objects, while Reality is the Supreme Subject, the very precondition of all sensation, thinking, understanding, etc. No one can behold God because He is the beholder of all things.

The Kathopanishad has it that God is the Root of this Tree of world existence. The realisation of God is regarded as the Supreme blessedness or Shreyas, as apart from Preyas or temporal experience of satisfaction.

The Prasna Upanishad says that God is the Supreme Prajapati or Creator, in whom are blended both the matter and energy of the Universe. God is symbolised in Pranava, or Omkara.

The Mundaka Upanishad gives the image of the Supreme Being as the One Ocean into which all the rivers of individual existence enter and with which they become one, as their final goal.

The Mandukya Upanishad regards the Supreme Being as the Turiya, or the Transcendent Consciousness, beyond the stales of waking, dreaming and deep sleep.

The Taittiriya Upanishad regards the Reality as the Atman, or the Self, beyond the physical, vital, mental, intellectual and causal aspects (sheaths) of the personality. It also identifies this Atman with the Supreme Absolute, or Brahman.

The Aitareya Upanishad states that the Supreme Atman has manifested itself as the objective Universe from the one side and the subjective individuals on the other side, in which process, factors which are effects of God's creation become causes of individual's perception, by a reversal of the process.

The Chhandogya Upanishad says that all this Universe is Brahman Manifest in all its states of manifestation. It regards objects as really aspects of the one Subject known as the Vaishvanara-Atman. It also holds that the Supreme Being is the Infinite, or Bhuma, in which one sees nothing else, hears nothing else, and understands nothing else except the Self as the only, existence.

In the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad we are told that the Supreme Being is Pure Consciousness, in which subjects and objects merge together in a state of Universality.

The Supreme Being knew only Itself as 'I-Am', inclusive of everything. As He is the Knower of all things, no one can know Him, except as 'He Is'.

The Svetasvatara Upanishad says, 'Thou art the Woman', 'Thou art the Man', 'Thou art Girl', 'Thou art Boy', 'Thou deceivest us as the old man tottering with the stick', 'Thou movest everywhere, in the form of everything, in all directions', 'Thou art the dark-blue Butterfly, and the Green Parrot with red eyes', 'Thou art the thunder cloud, the Seasons and the Oceans', 'Thou art without beginning and beyond all time and space', 'Thou art That from which all the Universes are born'. 'That alone is Fire. That is the Sun. That is Air, That is the Moon, That is also the starry firmament, That is the waters, That is Prajapati, That is Brahman.'

That Divine Being, who, though Himself formless, gives rise to various forms in different ways with the help of His Supreme Power for His own inscrutable purpose, and Who dissolves the whole Universe in Himself in the end - may He endow us with pure understanding.

He is the Great Being who shines effulgent like the Sun, beyond all darkness. Knowing Him alone one crosses beyond death. There is no other way of going over there.

The One God, Creator of the heaven and earth, is possessed of all eyes, all faces, all hands, and all feet in this Universe. It is He who inspires all to do their respective functions, as if fanning their fire into flames of movement.

Manu says in his Smriti: In the beginning, all this existence was one Undifferentiated Mass of Unmanifestedness, unknown, indefinable, unarguable and unknown in every way. From this Supreme Condition arose the Universe of name and form, through the medium of the Self-existent Creator, Swayambhu.

The Mahabharata says that Narayana alone was in the beginning, who was the prius of the creative, preservative, and destructive principles, the Trinity known as Brahma, Vishnu and Siva - the Supreme Hari, multi-headed, multi-eyed, multi-footed, multi-armed, multi-limbed. This was the Supreme Seed of all creation, subtler than the subtlest, greater than the greatest, larger than the largest, and more magnificent than even the best of all things, more powerful, than even the wind and all the gods, more resplendent than the Sun and the Moon, and more internal than even the mind and the intellect. He is the Creator, the Father Supreme.

The Bhagavadgita in the Mahabharata, says: The Supreme Brahman is beyond existence and non-existence. It has hands and feet everywhere, heads, mouths, eyes everywhere, ears everywhere, and it exists enveloping everything. Undivided, it appears as divided among beings; attributeless, it appears to have attributes in association with things. It is the Light of all lights, beyond all darkness, and is situated in the hearts of all beings.

He is the sacrifice, He is the oblation, He is the performer thereof, He is the recitation or the chant, He is the sacred fire, He is what is offered into it. He is the father, the mother, the grandfather, the support, the One knowable Thing, He is the three Vedas, the Goal of all beings, the Protector, the Reality, the Witness, the Repository, the Refuge, the Friend, the beginning, the middle and the end of all things. He is immortality and death, existence as well as non-existence. He is the Visvarupa, the Cosmic Form, blazing like fire and consuming all things.

According to the Bhagavata and the Mahabharata, God especially manifested Himself as Bhagavan Sri Krishna, who is regarded as the foremost of the divine Incarnations, in whose personality the Supreme Being is fully focussed and manifest.

Srimad Bhagavata says: He is Brahman (the Absolute), Paramatman (God), Bhagavan (the Incarnation).

According to the Pancharatra Agama and the Vaishnava theology, God has five forms: the <st1:place w:st="on">Para</st1:place> or the Transcendent, Antaryamin or the Immanent, Vyuha or the Collective (known as Vasudeva, Sankarshana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha), Vibhava or the Incarnation, and Archa or the symbolic form of daily worship.

According to Saiva tradition, God is Pati, the Lord who controls the individuals known as Pasu, with His Power known as Pasa.

According to the Sakta tradition, God is the Divine Universal Mother of all things, Adi-sakti, or the original Creative Power, manifesting Herself as Kriya-Sakti or Durga, Ichha-Sakti or Lakshmi, and Jnana-Sakti or Sarasvati. But the Supreme Mother is beyond all these forms. She is One, alone, without a second.

According to the Bhakti tradition, God is the Supreme Object of Love, in respect of Whom love is evinced as in respect of one's father, mother, friend, son, master, or one's own beloved, in the five forms of affection, known as Shanta, Sakhya, Vatsalya, Dasya and Madhurya.

To the Vaishnavas, God is in Vaikuntha as Vishnu. To the Saivas, God is in Kailasa as Siva, or Rudra. To the Saktas, God is in Manidvipa, as the Supreme Sakti or the Divine Mother. To the Ganapatyas, God is Ganesa, or Ganapati. To the Sauras, God is Surya, the Sun. To the Kaumaras, God is Kumara, or Skanda.

To the saints like Tulasidas, God is Rama; to those like Surdas, He is <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place>. To those like Kabirdas, He is the Impersonal, Attributeless One, known by various names for purposes of worship and meditation.

All the Vaishnava saints worship Him as either Rama or <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place>, Narayana or Vishnu. The Saiva saints worship Him as Paramasiva. The Saktas worship Him as Adi-sakti. The philosopher-saints worship Him as Brahman, the Absolute, as Isvara, Hiranyagarbha, and Virat or the Cosmic Being.

The Veera Saivas worship God as Siva, especially manifest as the Linga (symbolised in the rounded sacred stone which they wear round their necks).

The symbol of Vishnu is the Saligrama, the symbol of Siva is the Linga, and the symbol of Devi is the Yantra (sometimes, a Mantra).

According to the Nyaya and Vaiseshika schools, God is the instrumental cause of creation, like a potter fashioning a pot of clay, but not the material cause of creation.

The Samkhya school holds that there are only two Primary Principles, Purusha and Prakriti, and creation is only a manifestation or evolution of the constituents of Prakriti due to the action of Purusha's consciousness. There is no other God than these two Principles.

The Yoga school of Patanjali accepts God's existence as a Special Purusha free from all afflictions, Karma the effects of Karmas and impressions or potencies of a binding nature. But this Purusha, known as Isvara, according to Patanjali's Yoga System, is not the creator of the world, but a Witness thereof. Nor is He the goal of the aspirations of the Jivas or individuals.

The Yogavasishtha defines Reality as the Consciousness which is between and transcends the subjective and objective aspects in perception and cognition, etc. Consciousness is the Absolute, Brahman, the only existence, of which the world is only an appearance.

The Brahmasutra states that God is That from Whom this Universe proceeds, in Whom it subsists, and to Whom, in the end, it returns.

Kalidasa, in his Raghuvamsa and Kumarasambhava, points out that God is the Supreme Being, is prior to the forms of Brahma, Vishnu and Siva, who are three aspects or phases of God, and that Brahma, Vishnu and Siva, being three forms of one and the same Reality, are equal to one another in every respect, without inferiority or superiority among them.

Bhartrihari prays to that Infinite Consciousness, which is Peaceful Effulgence, which is undifferentiated by the interference of space, time and causal relation, etc., and whose essence is Self-Experience alone.

Madhusudana Sarasvati blends Advaita Vedanta and Bhakti-Rasa, and he is the author of the most polemical and authoritative Advaita text, known as the 'Advaitasiddhi', and of an unparalleled compendium of the various processes and stages of devotion to God, known as 'Bhaktirasayana'. His commentary on the Bhagavadgita is a monument of a fusion of knowledge of the Impersonal Absolute with devotion to the Personal God.

Religions are founded on a metaphysical rock-bottom. There is a philosophical import behind every ethical canon.

Generally, the tradition of worship of Deities in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> is according to a sort of protocol which the devotees associate with the importance of the Deities. For instance, worshippers of a particular Deity, such as Ganesa, Siva, Vishnu, Surya or Skanda, will place their own Deity as the first in importance and every other Deity as secondary. There is another tradition according to which the order of worship places Ganesa as the first, to be worshipped on any occasion, and then Devi, Siva, Vishnu, Surya and Skanda. This order may get slightly changed in different circles of religious belief.

But always remember the earliest statement of the Nature of Reality that occurs in the first book of the Rig-Veda is "Ekam Sat-Viprah Bahudha Vadanti", there is only one truth, the wise describe it in different ways.

One other question that has puzzled the theologians for millenniums is: whether God is He, or She, or it?

Hindu scriptures say that He is all. He is He as well as She, and Both forms She and He are absolutely one and synonymous. That’s how, being absolutely one, They always remain in two forms, She and He.

What about ‘it’? How does ‘He’ become ‘it’? The answer is, that He doesn’t become ‘it.’ ‘It,’ in fact, is an aspect of the personal form of God. ‘It’ is such an aspect where all of His powers and attributes are absolutely dormant. It’s like a person who is deeply sleeping in a dreamless state where all the dignity of his being, including his personal identity, is fully submerged into his totally inactive state. This aspect of God is called nirgun nirakar, which means virtueless and formless God; the other one is called sagun sakar (or sakar), which means the all-virtuous personified form of God. Thus, sakar is the main form of God, and, with His sakar form, He/She is omnipresent with all of the virtues: Graciousness, kindness, all-Blissfulness, all-lovingness and many more. These Divine situations and existences are the Divine miracles that are beyond the material logic because they are beyond the realm of ‘time’ and ‘space’ factors.

Now we know that unless the above mentioned attributes and virtues along with the prominence of the personal form of God are included in the general meaning of the word ‘God,’ it would not represent the true Gracious God, it would only represent the absolute metaphysical energy of the cosmos (and up till now these facts have not yet been incorporated into any of the English dictionaries).

Nice Question dear.

Many of my followers have asked this question to me as well.

To answer this Question i would like that you Understand what Shivlinga is. In Scientific terms, "Shivlinga is an inconic representation of Lord Shiva"

As per the Shiv Puraana, it represents the Perfect form of Supreme Energy.

God is neither He nor She because he is ARDH-NAREESHWAR. English Dictionaries have no comparison with Vedanta - the ultimate lexicon of the World. So please don't worry about the gender of god.

Rig Veda mentions about the omnipresence of one supreme god. He has no fixed form, no gender. You can only feel him and his divine blessings.

Shiv Puraana mentions that Lord Shiva with Maiya Parvati form the Ardh Nareeshwar - who indeed is the Supreme form of Energy. Hence the Supreme God.

But those exaggerations are a need to proclaim “my deity is Supreme”. My humble opinion is the fact in true God, there are no differences, no formal idea, no need to argue about some “god”, “incarnation” and so.

Well said soul arasel but the problem arises when we identify ourselves as this temporary body and not the eternal soul which has noo religion,language,gender,country....

Body conciousness is what has made this world a :crying2: place.

When you are soul conciouss you are in a different plane.

Depends on who you ask or what is the source of your information.

Also we have the phenomenon that people are changing their conviction.

There seems a constant need of change in peoples' minds for trying out something else. Keep in mind how they welcomed Jesus into Jerusalem as a king, shouting ‘hosanna to God in the highest’ and laying palm leaves in his path and then a week later these same people were calling for him to be crucified and the murderer Barabbas released. Have things changed today?

No, this is how this world is made, and as long we identify we the material energy all this will repeat itself.

who is the supreme god ?

thank you all

the diety in which you have maximum faith is the supreme god ....

1. supreme god is a fundamental requirement for bhakti (no one will worship a second best god)
  2. devotion/bhakti is the fundamental requirement for surrender/samarpan
  3. samarpana along with jnana is the fundamantal requirement for going beyond ones own ego which is the fundamental requirement for mukti (mukti from our limited personality and its associated karmas)
therefore if u have maximum faith in a stone ...it is the supreme god

in your father .. he is the supreme god

in ram/krishan .. he is the supreme god

in ganesh .. he is the supreme god ...

in your guru ...he is the the supreme god

...... thus one is attracted to the kind of god which reflects ones own personality ...

a forgiving person is attracted to a forgiving god

an unforgiving person to an unforgiving god

a conservative person towards a conservative god(ram)

a liberal/playful towards a liberal/playful god (krishna)

etc......

surrender to any of the above will give you liberation from you individual lower ego/self/karmas

the nature of liberation however will differ .....in the external observation of the liberated individual ..

the liberated vaishanva will feel always free/liberated aways in bliss /always in goloka/vaikuntha etc even while living in the world ...

he will ever be free from grief or fear ...and be unattached to his own body and relations...and will also have access to krishnas/ram's powers he will be born again and again as ram's / krishnas devotee (note hanuman chaleesa verse .... har janma hari bhakt kahai..)

the one surrendered to his father or a stone .. will continue worshipping his father or the stone as supreme and will equally show the quality of blissfullness/fearlessness

the one surrendered to ganesh will also show blissfullness and fearless ness and will also have acces to ganeshas powers

same with guru ...

the superiority of gurus of the past .. (Ram /Krishna) over devatas like vishnu/ganesh etc is due to the fact that the devatas of the vedas represent the major elementals ..

vishnu = space heart chakra akash tattva

shiva as kala = time vishudi chakra/agna chakra (depending on the form of shiva)

ganesh = mooladhar chakra etc .....

same with indra vayu and varun etc.....representing different elements ..

the devas representing elements and the associated rituals in the vedas were ment to control the elements for the prosperity of humanity and the yagnas related to different elements were carried out for peace /rain or even destruction of diseases /enemies...

thus these devas were never born in a sense ...and yet when scriptures speak of incarnations of vishnu they speak of vishnu as the brahman/parabhraman and then speak of his incarnation as ram/krishna ..the god in human form ......

however the scriptures equally speak of shiva/ganesh/deva as parabhraman ..at other places ...

the human incarnation may show powers of multiple devatas due to having multiple chakras fully activated ..... powers comes from activated chakras and mukti comes from kundalini reaching the sahasraha chakra....mukti can come without the activation of all powers ...

\avatars are graded according to the kind of powers they posses ...not all avatars have all the powers ..and even if they have not all avataras may not choose to display or use their powers as they never feel the need to correct anything in the world ....for them the world is always functioning correctly as they are not attached to their own bodies ...

(hanuman and krishna both lifted mountains --control over earth element )

to understand that all this differences ahve originated from one source brahman and that every thing is one and different simalteneously is teh correct understanding .... one with such an understandin will only see god everywhere ....in good and evil in pure and impure ..in right and wrong ......

note

1. Vaishnavas please completely ignore the above post ... it is not for you ....
  2. Non vaishnavas please dont argue with Vaishnavas using the above points
peace

Hi to all,

Dont even think that Lord vishnu is Supreme god.

If you people think that then sorry for their myth,

As per Natyam(dance),Supreme is God shiva,With this thandavam God shiva explained the life style.As dance is having all type of feelings in human life.

Rudhra Thandavam,Srungarm like all expressions of life is explained here in olden days .As All are Not having script(language) knowledge.

As per Yoga,God shiva showed the way to moksha,So you can concider him in this way only.

In all olden scripts,Shiva means happyness,holyness.It referred as God.

I.e Shiva = not God Name(not one of God) = refferd as God(Supreme)

i.e Shiva is not the name,Shiva is referrence for Unknown SuperNatural Power.Now We are using Supreme,God,Lord(in that way).

All others are might be other humanbeings,followers of God(shiva=god=its not name of one god).

If you take the Shiva linga aarchana,

"Brahma,Murari sura archita lingam"

"mean Brahma =God Brahma

Murari = God Vishnu

Sura = all gods

architha = worship"

In olden days,

All viewed the God (shiva) as Supreme,super natural power,Lord,

Sarweswara,Bhagawan as per times.

Now we are not having any knowledge and we are saying those are names.

and God shiva as one of God like others.

Here are my two cents on this fascinating subject: (Just my point of view)

First of all avatars of Lord Narayana are souls who come from Vaikunth. They are definitely under His guidance, but not "100%" Himself, per se. For example, when Parashurama met Rama during Sita ji's Svyambara, He did not know who Rama was. How can an avatar of God not know another avatar? God selects souls who are so great and devoted to become His insignia on earth during such a period of need.

As far as who is Supreme God, all are bound by Karma. God Himself otherwise would free us all from suffering as He is so benevolent. He is innocent, pure, supreme, and benevolent above all. Karma helps God shape the world and to put this huge puzzle together. Lord Shiva is in charge of the destructive principle, Lord Brahma in charge of the creative principle and Lord Narayana in charge of the ever so difficult preservation principle. All are supreme and all three Gods are benevolent.

My two cents. Not meant to step on any toes or cause an argument.

Aussie :)

Are you crack ???

All the avataras Nrsimha,Varha,PArashurama,Vyasa etc. are the manifestations of swarupa shakti vishisht Sri Krsna.They are HIMSELF.

Please correct your thinking.

This is a moron's topic.

Everybody has their own opinion who the supreme god is and all this topic can do is create arguments over "my god is better than yours".

This is a topic for the brain dead.

It does not deserve the attention of any thinking person.