IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Milly

Has anyone had strange spiritual experiences?

Rate this topic

I have had about three which all occurred long before I was even 10. After years, I thought maybe it was just my imagination going wild like with most kids. But I can't seem to forget these things. So I am posting this here just to be sure if it was real or just my imagination lol.

The first one is weird and it happened twice in one week. At night while I was in my bed I saw a shadow on the wall with ladies doing garba or dandia. Do you think there might be something to it?

Also another time I had a dream. My mum was opening the door of my house. While she was doing this, she turned to look at me and she turned into a Goddess (don’t know which) and the whole of our drive way became filled with flowers. Then when she turned around to face the door, everything became normal again.

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful experiences Milly.

I have had numerous encounters both as a child, young man, and mature adult. I had my first vision of the future around five years old.

I live with 'synesthesia' now. Babies that are new born can have synesthete qualities, but for some reason as the baby develops synesthesia diminishes. Adult synesthesia is much different.

I became aware of the full potentiality of my synesthesia during my thirties.

I have had so many mystical experiences from profound life changing encounters to day to day passing experience. As I am maturing and discovering my true ego self, much of these experiences are more clear in their meaning. Mind is amazing...soul is even more brilliant. The journey continues....

:)

Wow...your flower vision! That's so nice.

I also had a few strange experiences in my childhood, though not as colorful as yours. In one occasion I was 10 years old and it was during daytime when I was wide awake. I was staring at the interwoven structure of a metal bed spring from a distance of about half a meter. At one point my vision enlarged the spring. I could see impossible details almost as if I watched the spring through a microscope, while still being able to see the whole spring. I even could switch my vision back and forth between normal and enlarged. I still have no explanation for it.

Regards

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful experiences Milly.

I have had numerous encounters both as a child, young man, and mature adult. I had my first vision of the future around five years old.

I live with 'synesthesia' now. Babies that are new born can have synesthete qualities, but for some reason as the baby develops synesthesia diminishes. Adult synesthesia is much different.

I became aware of the full potentiality of my synesthesia during my thirties.

Synesthetes hear colors, feel sounds and taste shapes. Wow! :) I don’t have the ability to see the future but once I asked my gran to phone her best friend because she didn’t meet her for so many years. She called and then we found she died about a week ago. That was so strange:eek:.

I also had a few strange experiences in my childhood, though not as colorful as yours. In one occasion I was 10 years old and it was during daytime when I was wide awake. I was staring at the interwoven structure of a metal bed spring from a distance of about half a meter. At one point my vision enlarged the spring. I could see impossible details almost as if I watched the spring through a microscope, while still being able to see the whole spring. I even could switch my vision back and forth between normal and enlarged. I still have no explanation for it.

That's very strange but cool!:)

Bija

Perhaps you are becoming one with existence (aware) and capable of experiencing the collective of the entangled energy. Ever hear of Monks that could fly from the eyes of an eagle? That is what that is.

Seeing the spring; perhaps that energy was entangled to you and your senses began to experience the object as if in your face. Again we are One with all existence and consciousness is that window to see.

We are entangled to all existence past and future in time. That is why God is the ‘indescribable,’ as well One with all the representing ‘prophets’

They could see too but how to have this conversation? That is of today.

As time progresses we can return to being ‘babes’ in the world and raised to nourish these rather than discount them. A shadow on the wall now a days is often interpreted as an imagination of a ‘dragon’ such that is what was perhaps in memory and associated incorrectly based on learned ignorance.

Mind combines knowledge with experiences.

When the children are raised with truth at the earliest age, then greater development of capabilities and awareness can begin. To comprehend the basics then the ‘journey’ can be pure.

We are all a part of the total of existence; God.

This truth is revealed in understanding the ‘light’ of life. All mass is combined by light such that every atom that associates to make even one molecule is held together by ‘light’ or electromagnetism. (see electromagnetic spectrum)

And entanglement is a property of ‘light.

Milly, Mother is always our Goddess; to know that allows you to honor your whole lineage with responsibility. Then bring her a grandchild and say "thank you mother for giving me life"....

Yes Milly, Bishadi speaks well...Jai Maa!

Bishadi I am aware to some degree of the collective, and feel afar sometimes. Scripture says Krsna's senses are all spiritual, he can taste with his eyes, hear with his hands etc.

While identified with material body we are limited...but supersoul is not. God seems to be so kind, he shares things for our growth.

Thank you Bishadi. Speaker of truth..what is that song 'teach the children well....' Crosby Stills and Nash. Nice song:).

Milly synesthesia is nice, but in younger days was most difficult. Now is ok. I see collective energy with insight...and can see heart. What I have found in this land of duality, is underneath we are all similar. Therefore identification with external is not truth - the material modes play but we are finer principle.

We integrate nature and become one through insight. We tolerate duality and the modes and surrender to God, who has the modes fully under control.

I would like deeper connection with transcendence, so tolerance deepens and love magnifies. Not quite there yet;).

All parts of nature, including mind can be spiritualized, we are finer potency. There is one great hurdle - identifying ourself as the controller. That is the reason for falldown. We are servants not Isvara. All these books like 'The Secret' are not pure but written by people with desires. Once we pass the great hurdle we are responsible, we are home...fully surrendered, servants of the servants, of the servants of the one who brings joy to God.

Milly, Mother is always our Goddess; to know that allows you to honor your whole lineage with responsibility. Then bring her a grandchild and say "thank you mother for giving me life"....

So right you are :D

I don't know from which school of thought you are; but you definitely must have a great teacher.

Thanks Bishadi.

Each moment is in learning. Absolute devotion to existence (bhakti - Krsna Conscious).

As a child learning was important. An idea about how life works was pursued and the math revealed itself. So the framework was used to define how the human brain works and was submitted in 82 for peer review; the community was rude. At the time combining physics with biology at that level was apparently not comprehended. That initial mathematical script, combines the three (mass.energy.time) and short like the E=mc2 but perfectly shares how ‘the light’ works.

Literally is shares how the universe and life itself actually works. Yet at the bright age of 16, that scope, I did not realize. That what was stumbled upon, is what the majority of mans sciences have all been trying to identify.

Truth is, had I known then, I would probably be owning Dow and the richest man on the earth right now but when the original paper was rudely address I made a covenant with God.

That to pursue knowledge until 40 and then stop all personal choice for the conveyance of truth. That no government, business, theology or institution will control, sell or impose bias upon the truth and it will be free to each equally. That one day the children will be able to know the truth with absolute foundation.

During that period, much has been learned beyond what many even thought possible only a couple decades ago. I had no idea back then but here I am 42 and now ruined in knowing things that are beyond scary. In that now words of prophecies and parables open up and share things of the coming that are beyond what many could even imagine our species could be capable of.

This is all I do! Read, study, travel and share…. No one knows who or where it is coming from but now all over the world, from within the churches to the universities; the truth is unfolding. The promise will be kept and when the time is correct, the math perfecting all of it will also be released.

Would have been easier to have single teacher but there is no single teacher other than honoring all knowledge as if purposed, from God.

My teacher is devotion with absolute honesty over ‘self.’

That is why I get so cocky; because that choice was never made for a gain or selfish purpose but to give back. If I succumbed to being of needs; I could be a very dangerous person!

And yet, I sit here now alone, with my bed roll next to my chair and give until I sleep, eat or go. It may seem like a lonely life to some but be certain, to even recognize one person is learning ‘the truth’, the experience of bliss is beyond the joys of copulation.

A commitment was made ‘by choice’ for the good of life. That is the only claim to fame I will ever be able to make. I made a good choice and maintain that commitment with every fiber of passion any warrior could ever make. What you are experiencing is that Love within existence and to be married to existence takes a commitment in which we each either ‘do or don’t’

I made my choice!

I do!

A few years back I sat on the patio with my Mother and said to her, “Mother do you realize what I have been working on all my life will share how the sciences and world religions combine.” She is aware of how many breakthroughs I had reached all through growing up. But I added, ‘that to understand the literal facts about how it work will now offer the foundation for all the medical sciences to be perfected and now each can actually be able to measure ‘good and bad’ equally and the there will be no need of religion again.

I could not help but share ‘why me?’ I said, ‘Mother, do you realize what this means?’

Can’t repeat what she said, but perhaps one day each can realize, it wasn’t me who made the initial claim.

No matter as all over the world, every religion said the day would come, all I did was live a commitment, never said I would be nice about it!

A few years back I sat on the patio with my Mother and said to her, “Mother do you realize what I have been working on all my life will share how the sciences and world religions combine.” She is aware of how many breakthroughs I had reached all through growing up. But I added, ‘that to understand the literal facts about how it work will now offer the foundation for all the medical sciences to be perfected and now each can actually be able to measure ‘good and bad’ equally and the there will be no need of religion again.

I could not help but share ‘why me?’ I said, ‘Mother, do you realize what this means?’

Can’t repeat what she said, but perhaps one day each can realize, it wasn’t me who made the initial claim.

I'm in my 25, but by your kindness, you made me had a glance to a great experience. Certainly, I was bit contemplating about the uncertain future...

but you've made it easy for me, no matter how hard it might be.

No matter as all over the world, every religion said the day would come, all I did was live a commitment, never said I would be nice about it!

Truth is as old as hills and mountains as we are, luckily it is never late for anyone to perceive that.

You know that and you've made me realize that.

My teacher is devotion with absolute honesty over ‘self.’ by bishadi

It is a pleasure to meet you both online. This philosphy of honesty, Bishadi, is something I will never forget. The last few months have been blessed for me because of this teaching. So many fruits appear from that simple realization you gave to others....

Hi Milly, here is another "strange encounter of the pure kind":

I was living in Guatemala up in the mountains back in 1994. Beautiful mountain range just south of Mexico. I was living it on the rough and spending alot of time in solitude and thought (and youthful folly).

This day I climbed up on a mountain ridge over-looking a picturesque valley. Blue skies with some cloud banks.

I took a seat on the soft grass and entered prayer. My faith was very small back then. With all honesty and petition I cried out to God, 'Lord I do not know whether you (Lord Jesus) are real or not...did you walk this earth?'

Straight away a cloud formation began to manifest in the sky, and within ten seconds it transformed into the face of Christ. Not a charming face, of no particular beauty...except for the eyes. His eyes were full of tears and weeping for the lost souls. Eyes of compassion.

Then the cloud began to dissipate. That was a close encounter of the pure kind:pray::).

Hi Milly, here is another "strange encounter of the pure kind":

I was living in Guatemala up in the mountains back in 1994. Beautiful mountain range just south of Mexico. I was living it on the rough and spending alot of time in solitude and thought (and youthful folly).

This day I climbed up on a mountain ridge over-looking a picturesque valley. Blue skies with some cloud banks.

I took a seat on the soft grass and entered prayer. My faith was very small back then. With all honesty and petition I cried out to God, 'Lord I do not know whether you (Lord Jesus) are real or not...did you walk this earth?'

Straight away a cloud formation began to manifest in the sky, and within ten seconds it transformed into the face of Christ. Not a charming face, of no particular beauty...except for the eyes. His eyes were full of tears and weeping for the lost souls. Eyes of compassion.

Then the cloud began to dissipate. That was a close encounter of the pure kind:pray::).

Awww, you made my day with this story :). Thanks for sharing!!!

<FONT color=black>

If ever there was an application to the idea in Revelations;

I was living in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/ /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Guatemala</st1:place></st1:country-region> up in the mountains back in 1994. Beautiful mountain range just south of <st1:country-region><st1:place>Mexico</st1:place></st1:country-region>. I was living it on the rough and spending alot of time in solitude and thought (and youthful folly).<font color=" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Guatemala</st1:place></st1:country-region> up in the mountains back in 1994. Beautiful mountain range just south of <st1:country-region><st1:place>Mexico</st1:place></st1:country-region>. I was living it on the rough and spending alot of time in solitude and thought (and youthful folly).

Then the cloud began to dissipate. That was a close encounter of the pure kind

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">so read another story

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">

Revelation 1

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">1A revelation of Jesus Christ, that God gave to him, to shew to his servants what things it behoveth to come to pass quickly; and he did signify [it], having sent through his messenger to his servant John,

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">2who did testify the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, as many things also as he did see.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">3Happy is he who is reading, and those hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it -- for the time is nigh!

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">4John to the seven assemblies that [are] in <st1:place>Asia</st1:place>: Grace to you, and peace, from Him who is, and who was, and who is coming, and from the Seven Spirits that are before His throne,

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">5and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born out of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth; to him who did love us, and did bathe us from our sins in his blood,

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">6and did make us kings and priests to his God and Father, to him [is] the glory and the power to the ages of the ages! Amen.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">7Lo, he doth come with the clouds, and see him shall every eye, even those who did pierce him, and wail because of him shall all the tribes of the land. Yes! Amen!

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">On an India Devine site,

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Skippy, asking of Love and the clouds reveal (your) ‘rapture’…. And now, you are aware, and can see….. and aware of the meaning of ever lasting life

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Sound like Heaven too you? Welcome!

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">It is all about bringing knowledge (absolute truth); knowing the ‘beginning and ending’

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">And since each are from the original ‘light of life’…. So being of the first light, is not so esoteric any more; we are all One; all that is.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Seems with an attitude of the west; kalki is the warrior shoes that makes the best sense; the ‘feet’ to stomp out ignorance forever.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Now go and share. Copy the ‘good news’ on this site and Blog up a storm folks!

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Live in your contributions; share life to each person you can.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">No attention for me, just for the truth! You have enough now for ever lasting life.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">When the war starts, I will still be here; have a book to finish. The ‘book of life,’ Understanding; the last chapter, (apocalypse/the revealing) for Peace!

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">"Each particle that awakens contributes in service to the whole."

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">On this site, you will find how much of the words shared will now combine.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">From the birth and location, to the commitment for the truth; it’s that promise written throughout time.

20 The hills bring him their produce,

and all the wild animals play nearby.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">21 Under the lotus plants he lies,

hidden among the reeds in the marsh.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">22 The lotuses conceal him in their shadow;

the poplars by the stream surround him.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">23 When the river rages, he is not alarmed;

he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>24 Can anyone capture him by the eyes,<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">

or trap him and pierce his nose?

<FONT face="Times New Roman">Kind of weird but you should stand with ……. my feet

Dear Milly,

I too have a masive Mystical experience. I am discussing this in the forum "Does free will exist?"from post no. 107 onwords.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Ravindran thanks for sharing your vivid experiences. You are sounding very scientific..... :D

This is true:

When I was still a baby (or toddler) while in my crib

[this may have been a dream only and may have been at a latter age]

a Witch with a nebulous form appeared above my crib to 'scare' me.

She extended her dress clothe to attach to the sides of my crib.

Then, I remember that I intentionally thought, "Oh yeah?".

I willed(?) silver scissors to appear floating and then the scissors cut the two attachments of her dress cloth that she attached to the sides of my crib.

I too had visions of the future around six years old. But they were mundane.

i too have had strange experiences. i grew up in a haunted house so there were many dark experiences. but, i have also had some major good ones.

some people may have remembered when i first came here i was a buddhist just interested in some interfaith dialogue. in the winter of last year i was introduced to the practice of kirtan but i didn't go to a temple or anything. when the summer rolled around, i was totally confused. i didn't know what religion was right. i thought maybe it was christianity, or sanatana dharma, or buddhism. i just didn't know so i thought i wouldn't practice anything. i also decided that i would just pray to god/ the universe and ask it who was god, was there a god, what should i do. etc.

i prayed like this for about three weeks. i was very honest about my confusion and i didn't even think i would get an answer. then one night i had a very strange dream. there was some long drawn out plot that i won't go into now but the last part of it was the most important. i was standing on a hill with people dressed like sadhus. i was then approached by someone who i didn't know but he seemed special some how. he told me to close my eyes and then he touched my head. when he did this i could feel an intense unbelievable love. this love was so strong it was tangible like i was swimming in it. everything else in life disappeared and i was just in this love and it was a kind of surrender too and i knew it was god and i could see in my mind's eye sri narayana. all i wanted to do was make god happy and keep feeling this forever. it was like my being was defined by this surrender.

when i woke up this feeling was with me the whole day like i was completely dependent on god for everything. i also awoke with the realization that i should stop eating meat.

i know this is just a dream and i know there are probably all sorts of other physical explanations for it or that it was just some karma or something. i don't presume to know for certain the cause but no matter what, i know it had an almost miraculous impact on my life. 10 years as a buddhist and i could never give up meat, but that dream did it and turned me from an atheist to a believer in a personal god and it got me to chant mahamantra. so the explanations for it aren't as important as the results to me.

Jai Sri Krishna!

when he did this i could feel an intense unbelievable love. this love was so strong it was tangible like i was swimming in it. everything else in life disappeared and i was just in this love and it was a kind of surrender too and i knew it was god and i could see in my mind's eye sri narayana. all i wanted to do was make god happy and keep feeling this forever. it was like my being was defined by this surrender. lokeshvara

That is absolutely beautiful...

For your pleasure (to compliment/open your chanting):

Krsna Book click here

Username: Milly "Has anyone had strange spiritual experiences?"

Anyone who is into mantrayoga or meditation or yantra tratak cant miss having some kind of spiritual experiences...

i have had a few '3-4' near out of body experiences where the perception of time and space is different but i guess that is normal.

the one experience which i remember vividly is when i was meditating after a tiring day and suddenly i felt myself expanding... not physically but mentally... like my mind began expanding and listening (listening isnt the right word rather more experiencing) to the thoughts and emotions of everyone in the area and then there was a sudden fear of what was happening and kind of i bounced back into my singular consiousness.

this happened about 5 years ago and havent been able to replicate it yet...

Namaste

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. :)

Earlier this year I was doing a walking meditation one night for about 40 minutes or one whole hour. To be specific about the practice, I was mentally repeating Iao Sabao as a mantra with each syllable being a step with a foot. On my way home I saw a flying insect that was about 12 inches away from myself and what I experienced was more than just seeing the insect. That insect was a contraction of that which is eternal and not bound by space-time. It was a contraction of the source of everything that also contains all finite existence that we know.

When I got home from the walking meditation, I sat down on my bedroom floor and began to meditate by just focusing on the breath flowing in and flowing out. This lasted for about 15 minutes. After standing up from the meditation session, I started to feel a slightly warm light that was located in the center of the chest. I lied down on my bed and the light inside of my chest started to get warmer and warmer. As this happened I felt something that was inside of the entire room and even beyond it. The light within my chest was "burning brighter" and each time that it did this I could feel the encompassing "presence" become more blissful feeling. For a few seconds I experienced this presence to be omnipresent and without being bound by anything. I was the very heart or center of it. There was bliss that is everywhere and the light within my chest was most blissful.

Since the end of May 2008, I have been meditating every morning and every night on the sacred syllable Aum. This is my primary and most important thing concerning spiritual practice. There are so many practices that so many texts within the vast ocean of Sanatana Dharma have to offer. The number of mantras is even greater. The practice that the principle Upanishads teach is the meditation on Aum which is also the only mantra that they teach.

During a session of meditation one night in June or July, there was an experience that really changed my perception about a couple of things. For about two seconds the syllable Aum was no longer a "syllable" or sound, it was indeed that very thing the Upanishads claim it is; Brahman. Previously, I understood it on an intellectual level that Aum is Brahman but the meditation experience revealed it to only be Brahman and not a syllable. The idea that it is a syllable or sound is just like someone perceiving a rope to be a snake until they look at it closer. During the experience, my own stream of thought was totally gone. All what remained was the consciousness that pervades all of the universe and is beyond it. This consciousness was not attached to anything, did not have attributes, and it was very peaceful. This consciousness is Aum. The second thing that this changed for me was about monism. Previously I was in favor of Neutral Monism which is the idea that all existence is of one substance that is neither consiousness or matter. But after the experience, I can no longer say "consciousness is not the ground of all existence."

In the early part of August, I had a dream that I was walking outside and I was not quite sure about where I was. I saw a restraurant nearby and I was hungry enough to go ahead and walk into the place. When I sat down at a table, a woman who worked there came to me with a big bowl of salad. She put it on the table infront of me and she said "This is from Shiva." When she walked away, I looked at the food and said "Aum Namah Shivaya" twice. The dream then ended.

A few evenings ago I was sitting outside at the nearby park and I happened to notice that there was a cloud that was almost clear and it resembled the shape of Aum in Sanskrit. It then started to deform kind of slowly.

Ten years ago this year, I was coming back from the City to my hometown on the train. I had just spent a week living in an ashram.

My consciousness was very expanded, but in no way self-realized. I heard an audible voice on the train within my brain structure. Sometimes I have long distance hearing. It is hard to explain, the voices are different than normal passing thought structures. The voice appears in the core of my brain, almost like I can feel it in the centre of my head.

Anyhow, on the train, I heard a voice within the core of my grey matter. It said, 'do not be disturbed, someone has died'.

So when I got home I visited family to see if all was ok. It was. The next morning I awoke to a knock on the door. A distraught friend was at the door and said, 'last night _ _ _ _ died'.

She passed the exact time I heard the voice. She was in emergency ward for several hours after a bad hit of amphetamine. If she had of lived her limbs would have been amputated. She died.

This clairaudience gift happens spontaneously, without any self-will. Normally when I have deep connection with someone.

I do not consider these gifts spiritual (as I am a transcendentalist), but instead I see them as being associated with very fine matter.