IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bija

A scientific query?

Rate this topic

Namaste,

the prasadam comes from the Bhagavad Gita where the Lord explains that he will accept anything that is offered to him with the attitude of devotion. he also explains that food should be offered to him before we eat it and when this is done the food has the power to remove many sins. i believe he says something like those who don't offer their food first are eating sin.

hope this helps :)

Jai Sri Krishna!

Because we probably don’t have free will and everything is God, prasadam and prayer are part of the consciously perceived manifestation of God or the autonomous underlying order of the universe. Prasadam and prayer are then not different from your heart beating or a tree growing.

Regards

Could someone please explain the science behind such things as 'nectar Krsna prasadam - the Lord's food remnants' and 'prayer'?

Thank you.

Prasadam; selfless contribution; you offer of anything 'you' for the good

which kind of mirrors the true meaning of 'prayer'; a state of being; commit to

so to walk in the state 'being to good' ..... there are a whole bunch of definitions for that; pick your word use or dialect; that is the ultimate realization to all; submission to existence

upon awareness this becomes the walk of each

to know that each act is a contribution to existence then comprehensible awareness can become understood

that to 'support life to continue' is the universal good of existence

then each can know how to be 'good' within the continuation of life as every choice is either to 'support life to continue' or a 'loss to the common'.

so to support life, then become a nourishment to existence; and live within that contribution.

therein know how to live the 'ever-lasting life'

good continues

bad goes extinct

Thank you all. That is lovely Bishadi. If we feed the root of a tree all its leaves and branches are nourished. That state of consciousness you are speaking of is deep respect in Krsna consciousness.

Consciousness seems to be such a fine principle, so much so that many of us may not deeply realize the profound impact of serving mood. We have seen great saints over history serve their God (environment) and lives are changed, and miracles occurred. This would be worthy for scientists to investigate in my opinion, consciousness research.

What is most interesting is that the scientists can break all down to molecules or photons or quarks etc...fractals...space and such impersonal items. But how does he explain the inherent qualities that manipulate those particles such as bliss, joy, appreciation, love, compassion, warmth, fondness, laughter etc etc.

I really believe offering a flower, leaf, water or intention to the Whole...can bring us into closer union with true dynamic...consciousness. Thank God for this personal experience with a personal environment...truly wonderful.

Namaste,

the prasadam comes from the Bhagavad Gita where the Lord explains that he will accept anything that is offered to him with the attitude of devotion. he also explains that food should be offered to him before we eat it and when this is done the food has the power to remove many sins. i believe he says something like those who don't offer their food first are eating sin.

hope this helps :)

Jai Sri Krishna!

I interpret it as I accept anything that is offered to me with love(during preparation).

before you eat khilane wale ko khilakar khao.

om shanti.

If we feed the root of a tree all its leaves and branches are nourished.
as knowledge 'evolves'

That state of consciousness you are speaking of is deep respect in Krsna consciousness.
consciousness is like the window to krsna.

We experience 'life' in his eyes; we islolate by ourselfish choices. Not separate in reality just the preception of mind. (incorrect knowledge)

Consciousness seems to be such a fine principle, so much so that many of us may not deeply realize the profound impact of serving mood.
Consciousness offers choice; the mind is often of self; remove the self and the mind can learn the truth. Combine the consciousness with the mind and truth and bliss; the mind of GOD!

What is most interesting is that the scientists can break all down to molecules or photons or quarks etc...fractals...space and such impersonal items. But how does he explain the inherent qualities that manipulate those particles such as bliss, joy, appreciation, love, compassion, warmth, fondness, laughter etc etc.
remove the self as priority and experience GOD.

the sciences do in fact, share nothing is isolated. To comprehend that God is not separate from mankind; then responsibility to the good (bhakti) becomes a part of the living experience.

I really believe offering a flower, leaf, water or intention to the Whole...can bring us into closer union with true dynamic...consciousness. Thank God for this personal experience with a personal environment...truly wonderful.
sounds like you are already 'walking on water'

:>