IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bart Happel

Is advaita true?

Rate this topic

Dear all,

Some of you may be familiar with the scientific term ‘quantum entanglement’. At a microscopic - or quantum scale, our perceived reality appears to be ‘non-causal’, i.e., not action/reaction-like. For example, the state of different quantum particles can be ‘instantaneously correlated’; when of two entangled quantum particles the state of one particle changes, then the state of the other particle changes accordingly and instantaneously. Such (non-causal) correlation of quantum state may persist even if the particles are miles or light-years apart. This is called quantum entanglement.

Quantum entanglement can only mean that what we perceive at a quantum scale as different or dual, is actually one or non-dual; spatially separate quantum events have a common cause. And since quantum reality underlies our entire perceived macroscopic reality, everything that we perceive as dual must actually be one.

Can anybody argue that the above proof of fundamental non-duality of our perceived cosmic manifestation doesn’t prove that 'advaita' is true?

Kind regards, Bart

Advaita is true.

But the eternal jiva-soul is only a tiny part of the One. The jiva can attain yoga (union, oneness) with God but the jiva will always be a dependent being while the Paramatma (God) will always be the Lord.

advaita is essentially true.i advise to read the internationally bestselling wonderfull book named tao of physics by fritjof capra which deals with the striking similarities between particle physics,cosmology and advaita philosophy as practised in hinduism,buddhism,taoism etc.

I think that Advaita, as well as Dvaita, Bhedabheda, and all other views, cannot be proven by logic or even believed to be 100% true just by reading about science, quantum physics, or anything else. We have to turn inward and experience it for ourselves.

what you say is true ,religion,specially that of hinduism is about feeling and realizing, not mere reading and believing.but i guess an initial reading would strengthen one's convictions about his chosen path.after being convinced he should look no further and engage in following what he has read.

Sambhya

Namaste

I recall Sivananda's commentary on the Brahma Sutras including the statement that the reason to read/study the Upanishads is so that their impression strengthens your conviction and that it gradually becomes reality for yourself. This goes for anyone who studies anything, be it Upanishads, Vaisnava texts, Agamas, Bible, Qur'an, and so on. The more we read our texts, the more true everything is for us. :)