IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JustRish

I have been asked to chant Om Namah Shivaya. What are the benefits of this?

Rate this topic

I recently met my uncle’s friend who happens to be a "psychic" and he doesn't charge people for doing readings. To be honest, I've always been skeptical of psychics and I don't know much about Hinduism, but he told me to do something and I want to give it a chance. He told me to chant "Om Namah Shivaya" before I go to bed. I don't know why he chose this particular mantra for me. He may have chosen it because, according to his psychic reading, I grew up with a lot of fear in me which has resulted in low confidence and self-esteem issues.

As I said, I'm not very familiar with Hinduism because I grew up in a Jain family so I want to know the benefits of this mantra.

Please help. Thank you :).

No problem and I can understand your situation.

Your uncle's friend is right in giving you this advise.

Well this mantra is for Shiva whom we also know as Mahadev(god of Gods),this mantra also known as panchakshara mantra and the most powerful among all mantra even though it is short and easy to recite.

I wish very best to you.

hello justRish if you are looking for confidence mantra you should recite hanuman mantra which is OM HUM OM HUM OM HANUMATE PHAT.is the most effective to get self confidence.the mantra om namah shivaya is famous because of protection from evil influence ,is allso very auspicious to get money and is a strong chakra purificator each sillabe work of the mantra work in the different chakras.namaste

No problem and I can understand your situation.

Your uncle's friend is right in giving you this advise.

Well this mantra is for Shiva whom we also know as Mahadev(god of Gods),this mantra also known as panchakshara mantra and the most powerful among all mantra even though it is short and easy to recite.

I wish very best to you.

Thanks!! Yes its short and very easy to pronounce so I enjoy doing it but I just wasn't sure of its benefits.

hello justRish if you are looking for confidence mantra you should recite hanuman mantra which is OM HUM OM HUM OM HANUMATE PHAT.is the most effective to get self confidence.the mantra om namah shivaya is famous because of protection from evil influence ,is allso very auspicious to get money and is a strong chakra purificator each sillabe work of the mantra work in the different chakras.namaste

Thanks for the mantra.... :) I think my dad would be interested in this one as well....