suchandra

Lord Vishnu - A Hindu God

Rate this topic

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lord Vishnu - A Hindu God

vishnub004.jpgvishnub007.jpgvishnub001.jpg

God Vishnu Hindu Sculpures in Brass

vishnub006.jpgvishnub005.jpgvishnub003.jpg

God Vishnu ji is the preserver of creation. Whenever anyone dares disturb the rules of conduct, He incarnates himself to remove those devils. He is also the only god among the trinity who never grants any boon to devils. As against this, Brahama Ji as well as Shiv Ji have been lieral on this count of granting boons to devils who worship them and subsequently become very pwoerful and have ultimately to be annihilated by Vishnu Ji in his several incarnations.

Posted by Shalin Enthusiast at <a class="timestamp-link" href="http://www.shalinlife.com/2008/08/lord-vishnu-hindu-god.html" rel="bookmark" title="permanent link"><abbr class="published" title="2008-08-28T00:43:00-07:00">12:43 AM</abbr> icon18_email.gif icon18_edit_allbkg.gif

Labels: famous statues, god vishnu, hindu gods, hindu gods sculptures, hindu religion, Hinduism, lord vishnu, sculpture gifts, sculptures, statues, Vishnu

Here is my Bhagavatam verse for the day Suchandra, I recalled your post here so I thought I would post it. Haribol Prabhu!

SB7.10.5

http://causelessmercy.com/SB7.10.htm

TEXT 5

āśāsāno na vai bhṛtyaḥ

svāminy āśiṣa ātmanaḥ

na svāmī bhṛtyataḥ svāmyam

icchan yo rāti cāśiṣaḥ

SYNONYMS

āśāsānaḥ—a person who desires (in exchange for service); na—not; vai—indeed; bhṛtyaḥ—a qualified servant or pure devotee of the Lord; svāmini—from the master; āśiṣaḥ—material benefit; ātmanaḥ—for personal sense gratification; na—nor; svāmī—the master; bhṛtyataḥ—from the servant; svāmyam—the prestigious position of being the master; icchan—desiring; yaḥ—any such master who; rāti—bestows; ca—also; āśiṣaḥ—material profit.

TRANSLATION

A servant who desires material profits from his master is certainly not a qualified servant or pure devotee. Similarly, a master who bestows benedictions upon his servant because of a desire to maintain a prestigious position as master is also not a pure master.

PURPORT

As stated in Bhagavad-gītā (7.20), kāmais tais tair hṛta jñānāḥ prapadyante ’nya-devatāḥ. “Those whose minds are distorted by material desires surrender unto demigods.” A demigod cannot become master, for the real master is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The demigods, to keep their prestigious positions, bestow upon their worshipers whatever benedictions the worshipers want. For example, once it was found that an asura took a benediction from Lord Śiva by which the asura would be able to kill someone simply by placing his hands on that person’s head. Such benedictions are possible to receive from the demigods. If one worships the Supreme Personality of Godhead, however, the Lord will never offer him such condemned benedictions. On the contrary, it is said in the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (10.88.8), yasyāham anugṛhnāmi hariṣye tad-dhanaṁ śanaiḥ. If one is too materialistic but at the same time wants to be a servant of the Supreme Lord, the Lord, because of His supreme compassion for the devotee, takes away all his material opulences and obliges him to be a pure devotee of the Lord. Prahlāda Mahārāja distinguishes between the pure devotee and the pure master. The Lord is the pure master, the supreme master, whereas an unalloyed devotee with no material motives is the pure servant. One who has materialistic motivations cannot become a servant, and one who unnecessarily bestows benedictions upon his servant to keep his own prestigious position is not a real master.

Here is my Bhagavatam verse for the day Suchandra, I recalled your post here so I thought I would post it. Haribol Prabhu!

Thanks so much for reminding me to read Prabhupada's books although you said you don't follow Prabhupada. Thought this was a kind of interesting offer for sale for the "friendly marketplace forum", which reminds people that although demigod worship is presently introduced by the Vaishnava institutions - demigod worship is also performed "by devils who have to be annihilated by Vishnu Ji in his several incarnations....."

I am reading the Krsna book for the first time at the moment. Decided it is time to look at Krsna lila tenth canto. What a wonderful book is this Krsna book. The big cave mouthed serpent laying on the road with lips like the rising and setting sun, and adventurous boys....and sticky yogurt rice balls and lunch boxes..stuck in my mind the past few days:). Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

A remarkable example of this is the very fact that the Siva Ratri announcement was posted on February 1, the day before Lord Nityananda's Appearance Day. And yet, there was no announcement for a festival for Lord Nityananda at the ISKCON Spanish Fork temple.
:(

I am reading the Krsna book for the first time at the moment. Decided it is time to look at Krsna lila tenth canto. What a wonderful book is this Krsna book. The big cave mouthed serpent laying on the road with lips like the rising and setting sun, and adventurous boys....and sticky yogurt rice balls and lunch boxes..stuck in my mind the past few days:). Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Yes, Hare Krsna dasi got to the point. Good idea I'll also start to read Krsna book!