IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Planetary Combinations for IT/ Software Jobs

Rate this topic

Thursday, August 28, 2008

<!-- Begin .post --> Planetary Combinations for IT/ Software Jobs

http://www.astrocamp.com/Vedic Astrology/2008/08/planetary-combinations-for-it-software.html

9 planets and 9 million jobs, finding the profession of a person is very daunting task for an astrologer. On top of that all the classical texts on this subject are outdated. For example, neither Brihat Parashar Hora Shastra nor Brihat Jatak talk about what are the combinations for a software engineer or a project manager. Surely we can draw parallel to the professions given in classical text, but in my experience, it doesn't work most of the time.

No research or study has been done to update those classical texts. In absence of any such research, it is very difficult to distinguish between planetary combinations for different professions. In this article (may be a series of articles), I want to talk about my experience on vocation astrology.

In this post, I want to talk about my favorite profession - IT & Software. Being a software engineer, I have a lot of horoscopes of the people in this field. Knowing this profession, I also know that there is a lot of scope of research in this field. Some of the research areas are contract position vs. full time position, planetary combinations for being on project vs. being on bench (without any project), date of getting a project/ contract etc. These are the questions that keep coming to me repeatedly.

Even in software, there can be various possible options e.g. network engineer, QA engineer, project manager, software developer, and business analyst etc. all of them have different work profile and job functions which makes judgment even more difficult.

Anyways, based on my research, I have found that two planets that are responsible for bringing person in IT, are Mars and Sun. Mars is a planet for engineering and Sun is the planer for information technology. I know that not all astrologers will agree with me on this, and there are astrologers who may suggest planet like Jupiter, Mercury and Venus as the planet for IT. Though in my research I have found that Mars and Sun are the primary responsible planets for IT. If these two planets are conjoining or aspecting each other, it gives some indication of a job in IT.

If the Mercury is involved, chances are that the person is hard core programmer. Mercury gives good analytical brain which is important for programming. Venus & Moon can make a person graphics or UI designer. Jupiter can make a person software architect. Saturn can make one a System Programmer. Mercury gives an eye of details and bring best of the Software Quality Engineers. Mars being the planet of leadership makes one a project manager or product manager.

Generally strong communication is one of the necessary skills in IT. So we need to judge 2nd house, the house of oral communication and the Mercury, the planet of communication. A strong 2nd house and Mercury contributed a lot to the career of an IT personnel.

The people in IT are generally from the same education background. So it is also advisable to study the impact of these planets on the 9th house, the house of higher education. Though most of IT courses are mathematics centric, you will find impact of Mercury and NOT Mars and Sun on 9th house.

I am sure some example will add a lot of value to this article. Iwill try to share some case studies on this subject soon. Keep watching ;-)

Related Posts

om gurubhyo namah

namaste

dear shri.suchandra

i have few questions to begin with. these are purely analytical.

1. how many charts are under consideration for this purpose ?

2. do you limit this combination of sun and mars study to rasi alone or

other vargas ?

3. will the reverse engineering work. ? that is if some one has influence

of sun and mars , should they only do IT ?

i would consider mars for logic, jupiter for the understanding of the

depth of logic .

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

om gurubhyo namah

namaste

dear shri.suchandra

i have few questions to begin with. these are purely analytical.

1. how many charts are under consideration for this purpose ?

2. do you limit this combination of sun and mars study to rasi alone or

other vargas ?

3. will the reverse engineering work. ? that is if some one has influence

of sun and mars , should they only do IT ?

i would consider mars for logic, jupiter for the understanding of the

depth of logic .

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

thanks sasisekaran_pti, article above is not written by me but by Punit Pandey. As Krsna highlights in Bhagavad-gita, there're two types of human being, suras and asuras, so I would suggest that the present internet is similarly divided into asura and sura. Those who supply/develop the technology can be also demoniac - people like Maya Danava, or Mayasura who was an Asura, Daitya and Rakshasa, but was the designer of the three flying cities, known as the Tripura. They were great cities of prosperity, power and dominance over the world, but due to the impious nature, Maya Danava's cities were torched out of the sky by Lord Shiva.

So to program phantastic things like the internet doesn't mean so much rather for what purpose it is being used.

There're programmers who make applications for payment systems, there're folks who specify on visual presentation. A big field is personal websites, like celebrities, what requires that you can expertly deal with such people etc.

Mars for logic in IT? Mars is ability to assert oneself on the bodily platform, ksatriyas have strong Mars. Logic requires first of all good brain, what is Mercury. In fact someone with a powerful Mars will smash his computer, since IT requires patience, patience, patience. Powerful Mars cannot accept such condition.

Jupiter is good karma. People who make millions surely have a good Jupiter.

My conclusion is that Sun and Mars are not a criteria, but Ascendant (temperament) and Mercury (brainpower).

Guess most IT technicians have an Ascendent in water element.