IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Vediclearnings

Peaceful Warrior

Rate this topic

Imagine the scene:
When Arjun with his confusion about fight or not to fight against Kauravas with no hopes comes to Krishn for help and Krishn replies:

“Hi Arjun, I understand your confusion and I do have solution, we are right now in battlefield , let’s discuss this issue on dinner table”

Weird scene, right? That’s the first feeling came to my mind after this imagination. What I tried is , merged two time frames and outcome was silly. What could be the better place to learn about battlefield? Battlefield itself. 5000 years back, to sing life’s ultimate song, shree Krishn did not use dinner table but selected battlefield only and when Krishn selects war as equally as peace is, then there should be connection between life and war just like we understand life and peace. One cannot be without the other. Peace has identity dependent on war and war reflects peace only. War will be with us as long as life exists on this planet earth. Maybe the character of war will change, its structure and shape will vary, its plane, strategy, and style will be different, but war will continue as long as life will. It is impossible that war will disappear from this earth. Man cannot live without war, war had always been with us, it is with us now, and it is going to be with us in future. Life is war and we should be warriors else there will be question mark on our existence.

Am I talking about becoming warmonger? No, please, absolutely NO. But surely, I am talking about becoming peaceful warrior. Now, you will say that, stop confusing us and come to the point.

Let’s talk about peaceful warrior.

Point here is to take life as a war and fighting each battle of survival like a warrior. War signifies not only fight based on guns or nuclear weapons but it also means tiny battles we fight in day to day life. There is word in Hindi language called “Shaurya” which I will translate to “bravery” and which means “No fear”. It is about developing NO FEAR mind set towards life and its intricacies. NO FEAR at individual level will help us in battles we fight against our will, fellow men and nature. NO FEAR at society level will create fearless nation which can fight righteous wars.

NO FEAR is one quality of warrior. I will try to explore more in subsequent writings.

Stay tuned.

~Trailblazer

~ Proud Vedic Learner

www[dot]vediclearnings[dot]com

Dear Proud Vadic Learner,

Let me add one more dimention to your discussion on war. There is a inner isoteric significance to the mythological warefare. The wars describer in mythologies are not actual physical historuic events but the description and prescriptions of the inner war of the soul against its inner enemies kama, krodha, loba, moha, madha, macharya, and Anava, karma and mayeeya malas. The war is an attempt of the soul to realise itself. The enemies are those meterialistic tendencies which act against this spiritual urge and pulls the soul down and keeps it immersed deeply in material condition.

The only peace is spiritual realization. Hence the peaceful warrior is one who fights a spiritual battle.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Dear Proud Vadic Learner,

Let me add one more dimention to your discussion on war. There is a inner isoteric significance to the mythological warefare. The wars describer in mythologies are not actual physical historuic events but the description and prescriptions of the inner war of the soul against its inner enemies kama, krodha, loba, moha, madha, macharya, and Anava, karma and mayeeya malas. The war is an attempt of the soul to realise itself. The enemies are those meterialistic tendencies which act against this spiritual urge and pulls the soul down and keeps it immersed deeply in material condition.

The only peace is spiritual realization. Hence the peaceful warrior is one who fights a spiritual battle.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

:namaskar:

The only peace is spiritual realization. Hence the peaceful warrior is one who fights a spiritual battle. by ravindran

Does that mean that an ol' pacifist for peace, actually has to go to war too (each and everyday):(...

DISCOURSE 1

No knowledge is to be found without seeking, no tranquility without travail,

no happiness except through tribulation. Every seeker has, at one time or

another, to pass through a conflict of duties, a heart-churning.

Dhritarashtra Said:

1. Tell me, O Sanjaya, what my sons and Pandu's assembled, on battle intent,

did on the field of Kuru, the field of duty.

The human body is the battlefield where the eternal duel between right and

wrong goes on. Therefore it is capable of being turned into a gateway to

Freedom. It is born in sin and becomes the seed-bed of sin. Hence it is also

called the field of Kuru. The Kuravas represent the forces of Evil, the

Pandavas the forces of Good. Who is there that has not experienced the daily

conflict within himself between the forces of Evil and the forces of Good?

Gospel of Selfless Action - Gita according to Gandhi click here

Imagine the scene:
When Arjun with his confusion about fight or not to fight against Kauravas with no hopes comes to Krishn for help and Krishn replies:

“Hi Arjun, I understand your confusion and I do have solution, we are right now in battlefield , let’s discuss this issue on dinner table”

Weird scene, right? That’s the first feeling came to my mind after this imagination. What I tried is , merged two time frames and outcome was silly. What could be the better place to learn about battlefield? Battlefield itself. 5000 years back, to sing life’s ultimate song, shree Krishn did not use dinner table but selected battlefield only and when Krishn selects war as equally as peace is, then there should be connection between life and war just like we understand life and peace. One cannot be without the other. Peace has identity dependent on war and war reflects peace only. War will be with us as long as life exists on this planet earth. Maybe the character of war will change, its structure and shape will vary, its plane, strategy, and style will be different, but war will continue as long as life will. It is impossible that war will disappear from this earth. Man cannot live without war, war had always been with us, it is with us now, and it is going to be with us in future. Life is war and we should be warriors else there will be question mark on our existence.

Am I talking about becoming warmonger? No, please, absolutely NO. But surely, I am talking about becoming peaceful warrior. Now, you will say that, stop confusing us and come to the point.

Let’s talk about peaceful warrior.

Point here is to take life as a war and fighting each battle of survival like a warrior. War signifies not only fight based on guns or nuclear weapons but it also means tiny battles we fight in day to day life. There is word in Hindi language called “Shaurya” which I will translate to “bravery” and which means “No fear”. It is about developing NO FEAR mind set towards life and its intricacies. NO FEAR at individual level will help us in battles we fight against our will, fellow men and nature. NO FEAR at society level will create fearless nation which can fight righteous wars.

NO FEAR is one quality of warrior. I will try to explore more in subsequent writings.

Please do...a wonderful little post this one!