IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bishadi

The words of True Godhead

Rate this topic

this was copied from anothers post but reveals much more than many might realize;

can you see what this paragraph suggests?

In Krsna Book, Srila Prabhupada wrote:

"The Krsna consciousness movement is a call to all kinds of religionists asking them with great authority to join this movement by which one can learn how to love God and thus surpass all formulas and formalities of scriptural injunction. A person who cannot overcome the jurisdiction of stereotyped religious principles is compared to an animal chained up by his master. The purpose of all religion is to understand God and develop one's dormant love of Godhead. If one simply sticks to the religious formulas and formalities and does not become elevated to the position of love of God, he is considered to be a chained animal."

please share your points of view and allow the teaching of truth to share just how important honesty is over maintaining beliefs......

When you love God He lets you know in subtle ways that he is there and will look out for you or ultimately do what is best for you. That is a good and comforting feeling like having a loving father always looking out for you that just is not present in empty ritualism and formality in my opinion. That is why on some levels I view Prabhupada as a father figure even though I never met him. My own father is a likeable man but he does not know what it really is to be a father and Prabhupada does in my opinion.

If one simply sticks to the religious formulas and formalities and does not become elevated to the position of love of God, he is considered to be a chained animal. quoted by bishadi

The Gaudiya Sastra describing the stages and development of love of God (in regulated practice), states that rigid mechanical rule following that inhibits the flow of bhakti is recommended to be given up. That (rules) which is found to be beneficial for the development of devotional sentiment in one's heart is recommended to be cultivated.

What I am finding in my personal growth under guidance of Guru, is that when I feel I have strong devotion, I am impinging or desiring to exploit. Self-deceit is the final hurdle, desire for name and fame etc. The acid test is how my devotion to the Holy Name is, which for me presently is in beginning stages of cultivation.

Now the mind can be a dear friend or a worst enemy. So in regards to moral code and conscience, the mind can get caught in duality, happiness and distress. So until that stage until I am totally pure (not exploiting the higher plane - which is also the environment that surrounds me)...I should not be attached to the result of action whether good or bad.

Saying that, in regards to rules, no rules can clean the 'seed of desire for exploitation' in my heart. Only selfless devotion, practiced by beginning hearing, chanting, and remembering etc...without seeking some result will gradually purify. Up until that stage of spontaneous love, we can apply regulations that assist us in that goal of unalloyed devotion. If the external rules become the focus, if the external dress becomes the focus etc etc...we will never find truth.

But, if we live unregulated, being fooled by pride thinking we are the highest platform...we will never taste real peace of God, only a shadow. We also need to give up wanting to be kings of a lower plane, which is infact misery.

Each devotee needs to somehow see his position clearly...and begin from there.

You see Bishadi, the gopies are even willing to live in hell to please their Beloved. They have no trace of exploitation. The vaisnava in the practicing stage will worship that ideal from a distance, in humility, and wait for the finest reality to allow her admittance.

Now the inner work begins. First we realize we are not this mind and body, we realize looking for results of action is binding, we develop Krsna consciousness then knowledge comes to serve us. Otherwise knowledge becomes another one of our exploititave tricks.

Personally I have seen many things so far in this birth, and now choose to pray for one thing only...simple hearted service, love of God is not a cheap thing. When one is situated in love of God all requirement is fulfilled.

"abandon all dharma, and surrender unto Me. Do not fear I will deliver you from all sinful reaction - BG 18.66'. In all action (action is unavoidable in this world)...we should relinquish the attachment to the results, whether good or bad. This is an internal secret which is revealed by Sri Krsna's grace to his dear friend Arjuna. Happy Janmasthami!

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura on the Putana Witch:

....The church that has the best chance of survival in this damned world is that of atheism under the convenient guise of theism. The churches have always proved the staunchest upholders of the grossest form of worldliness from which even the worst of non-ecclesiastical criminals are found to recoil.

It is not from any deliberate opposition to the ordained clergy that these observations are made. The original purpose of the established churches of the world may not always be objectionable. But no stable religious arrangement for instructing the masses has yet been successful. The Supreme Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, in pursuance of the teachings of the scriptures enjoins all absence of conventionalism for the teachers of the eternal religion. It does not follow that the mechanical adoption of the unconventional life by any person will make him a fit teacher of religion. Regulation is necessary for controlling the inherent worldliness of conditioned souls.

But no mechanical regulation has any value, even for such a purpose. The bonafide teacher of religion is neither any product of nor the favourer of any mechanical system. In his hands no system has likewise the chance of degenerating into a lifeless arrangement. The mere pursuit of fixed doctrines and fixed liturgies cannot hold a person to the true spirit of doctrine or liturgy.

The idea of an organized church in an intelligible form, indeed, marks the close of the living spiritual movement. The great ecclesiastical establishments are the dykes and the dams to retain the current that cannot be held by any such contrivances. They, indeed, indicate a desire on the part of the masses to exploit a spiritual movement for their own purpose. They also unmistakably indicate the end of the absolute and unconventional guidance of the bona fide spiritual teacher. The people of this world understand preventive systems, they have no idea at all of the unprevented positive eternal life. Neither can there be any earthly contrivance for the permanent preservation of the life eternal on this mundane plane on the popular scale....

this was copied from anothers post but reveals much more than many might realize;

can you see what this paragraph suggests?

"... a call to all kinds of religionists asking them with great authority to join this movement..."

As an outsider looking in, this sounds like something to inspire people to preach. I can't see it as a serious attempt to get Theists to stop what they are doing and join the KC movement. Can you imagine what such speech would sound like to them? I don't think any one would go to a place like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan and utter words such as that. Just my opinion.

As an outsider looking in, this sounds like something to inspire people to preach.

preaching is for salesman

sharing knowledge that is pure is teaching

I can't see it as a serious attempt to get Theists to stop what they are doing and join the KC movement.

KC is not the last word

Can you imagine what such speech would sound like to them?

perhaps the same as it sounds like on this site;

with you

But bringing the gang of sects together to share, offers a platform of drilling down to the foundations.

anyone can read, anyone can follow a ritual with all the pretty ideas around it

The rituals are not of God but of men.

but the combining of men/women's knowledge to give the kids a straight answer the first time around; that is the duty of all of us

Can you imagine what such speech would sound like to them? I don't think any one would go to a place like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan and utter words such as that. Just my opinion.

because the few on top have control of the many

been that way for a long long time and that is what needs to change.

that is why the new, the young, the children, our future; are the ones to make the difference.

this is today not yesterday

they are who are on the net searching

they are the one who will own this world as time will remove the complacent

the idea of the thread was to share the 'words of true Godhead' the thoughts and intent of the combining all of mankinds knowledge for the truth to exist whole.

the greatest creations come from a simple idea

and when a good idea has many committed to achieve the goal; mankind can 'move mountains'

or simply

"change the stars"