IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Bg 7.16 - Some thoughts

Rate this topic

O best among the Bhäratas, four kinds of pious men begin to render devotional service unto Me—the distressed, the desirer of wealth, the inquisitive, and he who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute.

I like this verse because it shows that the entraped jiva can always approach the Lord directly from any position or with a selfish motive even. Krishna makes no statement that only a Hindu , Christian, Muslim etc. can approach Him, or that we must approach some demigod.

Turning directly to the Lord to satisfy our desires is as natural as a small child looks to his father to provide all his needs for him. Why should the child go ask some stranger for a benediction?

"Four kinds of pious men...". What makes these men pious? The fact that they are offical members of a religious organiztion? No. They are to be accepted as pious simply because they look to the Lord to fulfill their needs.

Of course we have learned the concept that there is a life beyond piety which is based on selfless love and that pure bhakti is the goal but we should never look down on those who pray to God to provided food or shelter for themselves or even those who pray to become rich or healed of some horrid disease state.

What experienced devotees do when they see that urge towards the Supreme Lord well up in a person is to encourage it's presence . Like a small spark when fanned becomes a flame, the devotee wants to fan that spark of God consciousness he sees in someone else into a flame, or at least into a bigger spark that will one day be a flame.

Simultaneously we can plant the concept of pure bhakti being the goal while praising their tendancy to look to the Lordfor al their needs. How wonderful the Muslim who prays five times a day. How wonderful the Christian who takes the Biblical instruction to "pray without ceasing" seriously.

Who among us has achieved pure bhakti? It is not enough to have taken in the mere concept of pure bhakti. Most of us are really looking for libertation and are still doing business with Krishna on subtle levels hoping for some result for our 'service' so why should we feel superior to the other self motivated souls turning to the Lord?

By the grace of these Indian theists we have been given some wonderful knowledge to share but we must share it intelligently and gently which makes it much easier for others to accept. This means we must be willing to acknowledge their search for God as the wonderful thing it is.

These are a few of the thoughts that come to me as I try to shed my deeply embedded habit of arguing concepts of God with other's concepts of God. Such a useless waste of time. I need a change badly. I need to grow and to learn to appreciate God within others and serve Him there.

Your thoughts?

Quote:theist

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-right: 3ex; padding-left: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0">Me—the distressed</td></tr></tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->What a nice realization theist, its all a test.

Quote:theist

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-right: 3ex; padding-left: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0">Who among us has achieved pure bhakti? It is not enough to have taken in the mere concept of pure bhakti. Most of us are really looking for libertation and are still doing business with Krishna on subtle levels hoping for some result for our 'service' so why should we feel superior to the other self motivated souls turning to the Lord?

By the grace of these Indian theists we have been given some wonderful knowledge to share but we must share it intelligently and gently which makes it much easier for others to accept. This means we must be willing to acknowledge their search for God as the wonderful thing it is.

These are a few of the thoughts that come to me as I try to shed my deeply embedded habit of arguing concepts of God with other's concepts of God. Such a useless waste of time. I need a change badly. I need to grow and to learn to appreciate God within others and serve Him there.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

So do I, only if you new how fallen I am and how I always see the external body and NEVER Krsna accompaning the jiva soul. And many Temples devotees are the same, they ignore people. I get more wisdom from reading the above than putting up with Devamrita's childish mundane puffed-up disciples at the Temple. I will NO longer give anymore donations to the Temple.

<!-- end vEntry -->

default.jpg

Devamrita wearing christian Monk robes, not that there is anything wrong with that, that is, if your a christian :rolleyes: Yeah, I know, I should see Krsna in the the heart but so should they

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-right: 3ex; padding-left: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0">Of course we have learned the concept that there is a life beyond piety which is based on selfless love and that pure bhakti is the goal but we should never look down on those who pray to God to provided food or shelter for themselves or even those who pray to become rich or healed of some horrid disease state.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

I also find it much easier to say than do. But we have to practice until it becomes natural. Being in the present certainly helps. Our minds are habituated to to either lamenting over the past or hankering for some future result.

Because of this we forget that Krishna is standing before us 24/7 in so many ways including in the hearts of others. We must become 'mindful' as the Buddhists say only in a Krishna conscious way.