IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Ayush

Navamsa

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone,

What is the significance of Navamsa?

I've been trying to understand my own Navamsa but didn't get much out of it. Mostly I'm confused how to related planets in Lagna with planets in Navamsa.

For example my Saturn is Exalted in Larna, but its in fall in Navamsa. So what does it conclude.

I would be pleased if someone can have a look and clarify.

DOB : 15th Oct 1984 Time : 04:07 AM Place : Rourkela, India

wbr

Ayush

Hi,

With regards to astrology i think Navamsa means the 9th Divisional Chart which deals with Marriage and things related to spouse(s), dharma (duty and righteousness), interaction with other people, basic skills, inner self.

Rasi chart shows Physical existance level and attributes of the native.

Also Sun being exalted in Rasi and debilitated in Navamsa may be two different things which have to be looked at the differently in both charts.

Also as Venus is the KalatraKaraka relating to wife or husband, studying planet Venus in Navamsa may also indicate the prospects relating to spouse etc.

In my limited knowledge these are few things and I am sure that there are a lot of other things taken into cnosideration for studying Navamsa which needs to be learnt.

Marriage, Spouse, Partnership, Interactions they all are covered in the 7th house, then why is Navamsa considered?

Also Dharma is related to 9th house, does 9th house has anything to do with Navamsa?

There are also various charts which I see more often generated by softwares, like Dasamsa Chart, Trimsamsa Chart and Moon Chart.

Its a bit confusing for a Novice like to me understand the significance of these charts when most of the time I've seen astrologers considering only Birth Chart.

Hi,

Navamsha means - Navam Ansha.

In Navamsha chart the sign is divided in 9 equal parts. However there is another theory of unequal 9 divisions in Annual Horoscopy. Navamsha chart is not only examined for marriage, but also for practically all the aspects examined in sign / house chart. Most of the astrologers examine aspects in D-9 chart also. In my opinion it shows inherent strength of the radical chart.

... V K Shridhar

Marriage, Spouse, Partnership, Interactions they all are covered in the 7th house, then why is Navamsa considered?

Also Dharma is related to 9th house, does 9th house has anything to do with Navamsa?

There are also various charts which I see more often generated by softwares, like Dasamsa Chart, Trimsamsa Chart and Moon Chart.

Its a bit confusing for a Novice like to me understand the significance of these charts when most of the time I've seen astrologers considering only Birth Chart.

Dear Ayush,

7th House in Rasi chart indicates the things You metnioned and is general in nature. Divisional charts are constructed to enquire into specific issues of different spheres of life.

Also 9th house is Dharma sthana, 10th is Karma sthana etc. 9th house to with navamsa is there. So dharma was mentioned. If you try to know how a divisonal chart is constructed then you will understand more..

What sasisekaran ji suggested(website), you would have heard by now.

Also below are details of D charts for Your info

Divisional Chart Significations

Divisional Chart Symbol Area of life to be seen from it

Rasi D-1 Existence at the physical level

Hora D-2 Wealth and money

Drekkana D-3 Everything related to brothers and sisters

Chaturthamsa D-4 Residence, houses owned, properties and fortune

Panchamsa D-5 Fame, authority and power

Shashthamsa D-6 Health troubles

Saptamsa D-7 Everything related to children (and grand-children)

Ashtamsa D-8 Sudden and unexpected troubles, litigation etc

Navamsa D-9 Marriage and everything related to spouse(s), dharma (duty and righteousness), interaction with other people, basic skills, inner self

Dasamsa D-10 Career, activities and achievements in society

Rudramsa D-11 Death and destruction

Dwadasamsa D-12 Everything related to parents (also uncles, aunts and grand-parents, i.e. blood-relatives of parents)

Shodasamsa D-16 Vehicles, pleasures, comforts and discomforts

Vimsamsa D-20 Religious activities and spiritual matters

Chaturvimsamsa D-24 Learning, knowledge and education

Nakshatramsa D-27 Strengths and weaknesses, inherent nature

Trimsamsa D-30 Evils and punishment, sub-conscious self, some diseases

Khavedamsa D-40 Auspicious and inauspicious events

Akshavedamsa D-45 All matters

Shashtyamsa D-60 Karma of past life, all matters

Navamsa does not means 9th part of a rasi. Its mean Nava amsa or a new phase of time. How I conclude? See if you goes through the history of Indian astrology you will be find navamsa was created first to divide a Nakshatra into 4 equal part to identify the time difference of a day four basic phase of time,i.e., Morning, Noon, Evening and Night. Thus a Nakshatra consist of 4 pada or navamsa. Navamsa never created by dividing 9 equal parts of a rashi. Because, when navmsa was created there was Only Nakshatra system of observations exist in Indian astrology. Later rashi chakra added over this system. Rasi chakra is not originated in India. It was created in EGYPT. Rashi chakra was suns transit based. Western astrologer learned from Arbians

and brought the sunsign astrology to europe. About 3000B.C ago when Greeks invaded India, few Greek astrologers came to our country. Indian scholars learned about rashi chakra and many other system of observation from them.They are termed as Yavanaachayra in Indian classic. So it is not very wiseful to declare navamsa means equal one ninth part of the rashi.

Thanks