IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Afun

Oḿkāra

Rate this topic

Hi,

The three portions of AUM relate to the states of waking, dream and deep sleep and the three gunas (rajas, satva, tamas)
The Vaiṣṇavas interpret oḿkāra as follows: by the letter O, Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is indicated; by the letter U, Kṛṣṇa's eternal consort Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī is indicated; and by the letter M, the eternal servitor of the Supreme Lord, the living entity, is indicated.

1.) Is Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī rajas or tamas guna?

2.) Is Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī aparā-prakṛti (māyā)? 8 elements (gross+subtle) or 5 elements (gross)?

In all Vedic literatures, including Bhagavad-gītā and Viṣṇu Purāṇa, much evidence is given to distinguish between the energy and the energetic. In Bhagavad-gītā (Bg. 7.4) it is clearly stated that earth, water, fire, air and ether are the five principal gross elements of the material world and that mind, intelligence and false ego are the three subtle elements. All material nature is divided into these eight elements which together comprise the inferior nature, or energy, of the Lord. Another name for this inferior nature is māyā, or illusion. Beyond these eight inferior elements there is a superior energy, which is called parā-prakṛti. That parā-prakṛti is the living entity, who is found in great numbers throughout the material world. He is indicated in Bhagavad-gītā (Bg. 7.5) as jīva-bhūtām. The purport is that the Supreme Lord is the Absolute Truth, the energetic, and as such He has His energies. When His energy is not properly manifested, or when it is covered by some shadow, it is called māyā-śakti. The material cosmic manifestation is a product of that covered māyā-śakti.
Regards

Dear Afun,

I must admit that I simply do not understand your question. And if I did, I would probably not be qualified to answer it. I should, of course, have said this in the first place. Please accept my apologies. I'm really sorry.

Kind regards, bart

Hi,

1.) Is Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī rajas or tamas guna?

2.) Is Śrīmatī Rādhārāṇī aparā-prakṛti (māyā)? 8 elements (gross+subtle) or 5 elements (gross)?

Regards

My understanding is that She is hladini-shakti, beyond the 3 modes of material nature. However, via Her manifestation as Gayatri-devi, she gives life and light to Surya, who in turn gives light, heat, and life throughout the Universe.

Krsna is parama-brahma (The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the one-without-a-second Absolute Truth). His personal power, hladini-sakti, is Srimati Radhika, and Gayatri-devi is Radhika’s manifestation. Savitur varenyam means that Surya gives light, heat, and life to all fourteen worlds in each universe. But who gives life to the Sun? Krsna’s power, Gayatri, gives life and light to the Sun. We should meditate on this. Dimahi means “May she come in my heart.” This is the real meaning of the gayatri-mantra. Generally people think this is the mantra of Surya, but it is actually not.

-Pujyapada Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja

Also, as far as the actual gunas, Lord Brahma is in charge of rajas (creation/passion/activity), Lord Siva is in charge of tamas (destruction/ignorance/inertia), and Lord Visnu is in charge of sattva guna (maintenance/goodness/serenity.)

Never have I heard or read anywhere that Srimati Radharani has anything to do at all with the 3 modes of material nature within this Universe, except perhaps in an indirect way as Her expansion as Sri Gayatri Devi.

Dear Bart Happel,

Please accept my apologies for anything you may have found offensive in this thread from me by now.

Sorry for not replying you in a much better way...

Regards, afun

danyavaads,

You mentioned hladini-shakti. How many categories/shakti-es are known?

Regards

All that is past, present, and future is but Om. Whatever transcends the three periods of time, too, is Om.
How are the 3 periods of time connected with 3 gunas?

What do you mean? In particular the terms: 'Satanic manifestations' and 'nonprobable'?

Kind regards, Bart

Satan, a evil person who uses evil/pain on innocent souls.

nonprobable means they should have no numerical probablility of executing their actions. how i don't know.

--sc

Satan, a evil person who uses evil/pain on innocent souls.

nonprobable means they should have no numerical probablility of executing their actions. how i don't know.

--sc

OK, my previous reply was apparently removed by the moderators.. So, let me state it differently: What do you mean with the term ‘Satan’ and how does it relate to something like ‘numerical probability’?

Kind regards, Bart

I believe,

SATAN = Stop Absolutely Trying Absolutely Never.

I assume numerical probabality and satanism deal with advanced action theory. Don't know much anything about that. :confused:

Hi,

I find a good website:)

1) Antaranga shakti - internal potency (yoga-maya)

sat - samvit - e(x?)ternal potency

chit - sandhini - knowledge potency

ananda - hladini - pleasure potency

danyavaads already mentioned that She is hladini-shakti, beyond the 3 modes of material nature...What about sat and chit? Is She also sat and chit?

Regards

I believe,

SATAN = Stop Absolutely Trying Absolutely Never.

I assume numerical probabality and satanism deal with advanced action theory. Don't know much anything about that. :confused:

Dear supercow,

Don't worry. 'Advanced action theory' does not exist. ;)

Kind regards, Bart

Hi,

I find a good website:)

danyavaads already mentioned that She is hladini-shakti, beyond the 3 modes of material nature...What about sat and chit? Is She also sat and chit?

Regards

Well, my limited understanding based upon what I've read is that She is Krsna's Internal Potency, and then that potency is divided into 3, which are known by different names, including the ones you listed above. So, in one sense, I suppose it could be said that She is also sat and chit, as well as hladini. Ultimately there is only 1 energy, but that energy manifests into many forms. I've been trying to comprehend these energies or shaktis for many years now, but the more I learn, the more I realize how much there is to learn.

Sri Radha is the full power, and Lord Krsna is the possessor of full power. The two are not different, as evidenced by the revealed scriptures. They are indeed the same, just as musk and its scent are inseparable, or as fire and its heat are nondifferent. Thus Radha and Lord Krsna are one, yet they have taken two forms to enjoy the mellows of pastimes. --- C.C.Adi, 4.96-98

Realization of the Lord without energies is brahman. Realization of the Lord as a subtle being pervading the material universe is paramatma. Realization of the Lord in full with all qualities is bhagavan. Realization of bhagavan pervaded by majesty is called Narayana, the lord of Laksmi. Realization of the Lord pervaded by sweetness is called Krsna, the lord of Radha. Kaviraj Gosvami says "Radha is the complete energy, Krsna is the complete possessor of energy." -- taken from Gosai dot com's website

I can see that the living being when considered in material position is called false ego. (yes?)

I'm not sure how the living being is being called when in spiritual position; is it sat-chit-ananda?

ww.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?4610ab8779.gif