IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Anusha

Please Clarify

Rate this topic

Dear gurujis,

I am new to this forum.I joined this in order to learn some simple things on astrology.I wish gurujis clarify whenever I post a thread to learn.

Now I wish to know about the following.

In birth charts some times I observe certain planets shown in retrograde and in some cases Vargoththama.

What do they actually mean.Will a planet really be in retrgrade or it is a relative position of the planet with respect earth?

What is the effect of these two in a horoscope? Good/Bad

Regards,

Anusha

Dear gurujis,

I am new to this forum.I joined this in order to learn some simple things on astrology.I wish gurujis clarify whenever I post a thread to learn.

Now I wish to know about the following.

In birth charts some times I observe certain planets shown in retrograde and in some cases Vargoththama.

What do they actually mean.Will a planet really be in retrgrade or it is a relative position of the planet with respect earth?

What is the effect of these two in a horoscope? Good/Bad

Regards,

Anusha

Planets never actually move backwards (except Rahu and Ketu). The Retrograde status is an illusion due to the relationship between the Earth and the other planet.

There seem to be differing opinions on Retrograde planets. Some say simply that the planet is weakened. Some say it "reverses" the position of the planet (i.e. An exalted Jupiter Retrograde would act debilitated and a debilitated Retrograde Jupiter would act exalted).

Then there are some that actually say a retrograde planet is stronger.

Most seem to agree that benefic planets seem to get more benefic and malefics get more malefic when retrograde.

It tends to cause an introversion of that planet's energy. Retrograde Mercury and give an interest in history, the occult or secretive/spiritual things. It can retard self-expression a little.

® Mars can sometimes act almost like debiliated mars (but not as serious).

® Jupiter gives more an interest in mysticism than orthodoxy.

® Saturn can give many setbacks in life, etc.

Vargottoma means, literally "best subdivision" and means that the planet occupies the same position in the Navamsha chart as the birth chart or Rasi Chakra.

Most belief this strengthens the planet considerably. There are those that feel when a planet is vargottoma it can almost be regarded as being in its own sign.

- Pablo

pablo ji,

Thank you very much for your candid explanation to this small learner.

"Most seem to agree that benefic planets seem to get more benefic and malefics get more malefic when retrograde" For my knowledge can I take this as granted,sir?

I will come back for some other clarifications.

regards,

Anusha

Gurujis,

I have some idea about the 12 rasi signs further categorised into four groups with each having three rasis,called Chara rasi,Sthira rasi & Upaya rasi.

May I know what each one signifies.Is there a rasi/sign Dvisvabhava sign ?

Sun relates to Athma and called Atma karaka.The planet, which has maximum travelled the 12 rasis in a natal chart is also called Atma karaka for that particular natve.As Moon is the only fast mooving planet,thus covers the 12 rasis faster than any other,how other planents can become atma karaka in a native's chart?

Kindly clarfy.

Regards,

Anu

Method of determining Atmakaraka is given by Rishi Parasara is as follows

(and the below translation is given by Pandit Sanjay rath)

Paräsara BPHS 34.3-6½

atmä süryädikheöänäà madhye hyaàçädhiko grahaù |

aàçasämye kalädhikyät tatsämye vikalädhikaù || 3||

budhau räçikalädhikyat grähvo naivätmakärakaù |

aàçädhikaù kärakaù syädalpabhägo'ntyakärakaù || 4||

madhyäàço madhyakheöaù syädupakheöaù sa eva hi |

vilomagamanädrähoraàçäù çodhyäù khavahnitaù || 5||

aàçakramädadho'dhaùsthäçcaräkhyäù kärakä iti |

Consider the degrees of the (seven or eight) planets, irrespective of signs. Since Rahu is always retrograde, the longitude of Rahu is considered from the end of the sign. The planet with the highest longitude is the ätmakäraka. If two or more planets are in the same degree, then the minutes, and if in the same minutes then the seconds of arc has to be considered to determine the ätmakäraka. In such cases where two or more planets occupy the same degree, then the one with the higher minutes & seconds of arc is declared the ätmakäraka while the one with the lowest minutes & seconds of arc is the antyakäraka (antya means end or last). The ones in the middle are declared the madhyakheöaù (madhya means middle). The other carakäraka follow in the order of the decreasing longitudes of the planets

Surentharp Ji,

Thank you.In a birth chart dob:30/08/1977 Time:7-04 Am Place Chennai. ketu is placed 8th (Meena) and Moon is placed 7th from Simha Lagna.Ketu's Lati:353:34 and Moon Lati:328:24.

Since Ketu moves anticlock wise should I take its Latitude as 06:66(Reverse) and only Moon's Lattitude is found maximum at 328:24,can I

say Moon is the Atma Karaka for this Chart?

Please correct me,if wrong.

Regards,

Anusha

"Consider the degrees of the (seven or eight) planets, irrespective of signs"

here Rahu is 23:34 in Virgo and moon is 28:24 Aquarius, as the statement given above irrespective of the sign we have to consider the degree, that is the degree of moon is 28:24 and degree of Rahu is (30 - 23:34) 6:26.

In concluding AtmaKaraka we have look for all the planets, if you calculate like the above for all the planets, we can get that the Saturn having degree 29:00 (approximately) in cancer is the planet having highest degree in comparing with all the planets, so Saturn will be the AtmaKaraka.

P.S: Here Ketu is not to be considered in Chara Karakas system, the one of the reason is if we calculate rahu and ketu like above, the both will show the same degree.

Surentharp Ji,

Thank you.I understood clearly now.That is the planet which has travelled maximum in a sign but not the whole 12 signs.I am now very clear,Guruji.

I have one more below.Will you please help me. Excuse me for the trouble

I understand that the 12 rasi signs are further categorised into four groups with each having three rasis,called Chara rasi,Sthira rasi & Upaya rasi.

May I know what each one signifies.Is there a rasi/sign,called Dvisvabhava sign ?

Regards,

Anusha

I think you Know about the division of 12 rashi and Dwisvahava/dual sign/upaya sign are all same

It has been said in an ancient books on astrology that if the Ascendant is occupied by a movable sign and the lord of the Ascendant is also in a movable sign. The native concerned earns his living from some foreign land. The meaning is that the place of earning his livelihood will not be one and a fixed place. He will be fond of wandering and moving. If there are more planets in a movable sign, then he will be more active and practical and less reflective and thoughtful. Pandit sanjay rath explains as they will have excess of energy and very creative with inflow of energy being much greater than the outflow

On the other hand, if there are more planets in a fixed sign, he is more reflective and thoughtful and less practical and active. If of ,movable nature he will be more prone to wrath, ready to take offence which however is of short duration. If of fixed nature, he is slow to take offence but anger may remain for longer duration. Pandit Sanjay rath explains as this is with without energy where the outflow much greater than inflow

Dwisvabhava is mixed of both fixed and dual and Pandit Sanjay rath explains as having adequate energy where the energy inflow and out flow are not matching.

In general the fixed and movable are dependent with each other.

SurenJi,

Thank you,

With regard to atma karaka -as ragu &ketu will always have same degree location,I think they can never be Atma karakas and Sun to Sat can only be considered as Atma karaka,based on the highest degree obtained by the one.Am I correct,Sir

Regards,

Anusha

According to Parasara eight chara karakas are used, here rahu is only used and not ketu

The planet with highest to lowest occupy the following karakas respectively

1. Atma Karaka

2. Amatya Karaka

3. Bhratrkaraka

4. Matrkaraka

5. Pitru Karaka

6. Putra Karaka

7. jnatikaraka

8. Darakaraka

you need not to calculate all these karakas, you can use Jhora software it will automatically calculate all these chara karakas.

According to Parasara eight chara karakas are used, here rahu is only used and not ketu

The planet with highest to lowest occupy the following karakas respectively

1. Atma Karaka

2. Amatya Karaka

3. Bhratrkaraka

4. Matrkaraka

5. Pitru Karaka

6. Putra Karaka

7. jnatikaraka

8. Darakaraka

you need not to calculate all these karakas, you can use Jhora software it will automatically calculate all these chara karakas.

Surentharp Ji,

I went to Jhora site/vedic astrology but could not see the one that can calculate all the chara karakas.Will you please guide me,Sir?

Sir,What is Arudha Lana & how it is arrived at.

Regards,

Anusha

Surentharp Ji,

Thank you. I am able to do successfuly as guided by you. Kindly clarify the following,when you have time to spare.

1.Sir,What is Arudha Lagna & how it is arrived at.

2.A birth chart of a girl born on 10/08/1983 at 8-25 am at

Coonoor (076:49E & 011:21 N) shows the birth star

Poorvaphalguni-4

but I think it should be Makam-1.

Please confirm which one is correct.

3.A girl born on 19/12/1976 at 10-05 AM, at Chennai,

Tamil nadu has been proposed to a boy born on

03/05/1974 at 10-30 AM at Secunderabad,Andhra

Pradesh for matrimony.

The boy is runnig Rahu Dasa and Mars bhukthi while the girl is running

Ketu Dasa and Sun bhkthi.

Sir,is the match ok for harmonious married life and any remedy

required before or after the marriage? Your opinion please.

Regards,

Anusha

The below given calculations are taken from Shri PVR's teachings,

Arudha padas of all the 12 houses (bhavas) in all the divisional charts are defined as follows:

1. Take the sign containing the house of interest in the divisional chart of interest.

2. Find the sign occupied by the lord of the house of interest. [NOTE: Aquarius is owned by Saturn and Rahu. Scorpio is owned by Mars and Ketu. Take the stronger lord in the case of houses falling in these two signs. We will cover the strengths of planets in a different lesson.]

3. Count signs from the house of interest to the sign containing its lord. Counting is in the zodiacal direction always. For example, if the house we are interested in is in Gemini and its lord Mercury is in Aquarius, we

count signs from Gemini to Aquarius and get 9.

4. Count the same number of signs from the sign containing the lord and find the ending sign. In the above example, we count 9 signs from Aquarius and we end up in Libra.

5. Exception: If the sign found thus in step (4) is in the 1st or 7th from the original sign in step (1), then we take the 10th sign from the sign found in step (4). Otherwise we don’t make any change.

6. The resulting sign contains the arudha pada of the house of interest.

Arudha pada of a house is simply called arudha or pada also. We usually denote the arudha pada on nth house with An. For example, arudha pada of 4th house is A4 and arudha pada of 9th house is A9.

There are two special cases: Arudha pada of lagna is denoted as AL (arudha lagna) and arudha pada of 12th house is denoted as UL (upapada lagna).

2.A birth chart of a girl born on 10/08/1983 at 8-25 am at

Poorvaphalguni-4

Please confirm which one is correct

By using lahiri ayanamsa on 10th Aug 1983, it has to be Magha 4th pada. Please recheck or correct me

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>2.A birth chart of a girl born on 10/08/1983 at 8-25 am at

Poorvaphalguni-4

Please confirm which one is correct

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

By using lahiri ayanamsa on 10th Aug 1983, it has to be Magha 4th pada. Please recheck or correct me

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Sir,

Excuse me.I quoted wrongly.In the given chart it is Poorvaphalguni-1.

Mine also Magha-4th- Moon Simha Rasi-12' 8" 41 by Lahiri and 12' 14" 41 by KP. I reversed the pada by mistake. How can you be wrong sir?Sorry for the mistake commited.

Please help in the 3rd also,reproduced below.

3.A girl born on 19/12/1976 at 10-05 AM, at Chennai,

Tamil nadu has been proposed to a boy born on

03/05/1974 at 10-30 AM at Secunderabad,Andhra

Pradesh for matrimony.

The boy is runnig Rahu Dasa and Mars bhukthi while the girl is running

Ketu Dasa and Sun bhkthi.

Sir,is the match ok for harmonious married life and any remedy

required before or after the marriage? Your opinion please.

Kind Regards,

Anusha

Shri Anusha,

your reply reflects your communicative skill.

I'm in not in a position to fix the dharma of a person

While i can give some tips for their succesful marital life,

Boy: Lord of UL and long-lasting married life karaka Saturn is in MKS

Praying to Lord Vishnu will help him to get a beautiful married life

Girl :Lord of UL in MKS, long-lasting married life karaka mercury is afflicted

Praying to Lord Rama will help her to get a beautiful married life, Since Mercury and Sun are in sagittarius going to temple especially on Thursday will be helpful

On predicting dasa for the girl next Jupiter MD and Mercury AD ( 2009/Jan - 2010/Mar ) using Dwi-Saptati sama dasa.

Sir,

Thank you for the complements.I am just helping others through selfless services of good astrologers like you..That is all, my service.

Sir, the girl has already been proposed to the boy.If they marry,can they lead a fruitful and harmonious life and any remedial measures can suggested? I just seek your opinion please.

Regards,

Anusha

the boy has mangal dosh, the protector from mangalik - mercury is combust, there are some remedies and i'm not familiar with that,

lagna relationship 6/8 - lagna lords are not enemies with each other, must give some effort.

before marriage confirm that the girl can co-operate with boy's family, gana matching also says that

Stri and Dina - boy's co-operation with the girl in her difficult time is in question.