IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bsri83

Astrology books.

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I would like to learn about astrology, in particular horoscope reading. Could anyone of you suggest a few good books. I have tried two books one from Dinesh Mattur and another on KP system, but failed to understand the intricacies in the subject.

Probably, I need a more basic book. Could anyone of you suggest one?

Thanks,

-Sri

Deepaji,

Following are the books, i have referred.

Predictive Astrology An Insight - Dinesh S.Mathur

This book is quite exhaustive, but could not find examples.

Predictive Stellar Astrology - KP.

I got lost, while putting it all together. I could not understand topics related to cusps and it is used quite extensively in the examples :(.

-Sri

Hi,

Based on personal experience I would highly recommend Hindu Predictive Astrology by Dr. B. V Raman.

Very nice organized for the beginner.

One additional you may want to think about is getting in touch with a good learned Astrologer (preferably not Commercial ones) and request him to explain the basics. Depending on the Astrologer's schedule - This does not take very long. Having a teacher ensures improves your confidence & comfort level in the subject.

After this the book will help you immensely. Going from there - this book provides next pointers for further growth.

If you have a access to the internet - you can visit this website sivashakti.org/astro and download MP3 lessons. These start from the very basics and go to advanced levels. These are lessons conducted by PVR Narasimha ji in Boston who is also developed the Jagannatha Hora software for calculations. Google for sjcBoston free jyotish lessons

I would still recommend the book (Hindu Predictive Astrology) and an Astrologer.

Classic72

Classic72 Sir/Madam,

Thanks a lot, the link that you have provided does have quite a lot of recorded lessons. I haven't bought any new book as yet, so i would definitely consider your recommendation.

-Sri

Hi All,

I would like to learn about astrology, in particular horoscope reading. Could anyone of you suggest a few good books. I have tried two books one from Dinesh Mattur and another on KP system, but failed to understand the intricacies in the subject.

Probably, I need a more basic book. Could anyone of you suggest one?

Thanks,

-Sri

To begin I would highly recommend "Astrology of the Seers" by Dr. David Frawley. All of his books are excellent. In fact he gives a full astrological correspondance course, you can check it out at www.vedanet.org

Ayush ji and Classic72 ji, thanks a lot for your suggestions. Books by BV Raman are excellent!!!. I have become his fan; for the way he writes :-).

ppena ji, thanks a lot :-). I will definitely consider that book, considering Mercury is in the 10th house in my horoscope, I feel that might push me to read further :-) [something that i learnt recently :D ].

-Sri