IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
lkhanamoto

Kundalini devi

Rate this topic

Dear Mr. Ravindran and other members.

Could you please give me some hints about kundalini yoga and siddhis attainable through this path? I'd like to develop some siddhi but I don't have idea of what siddhi i want to start, because the attainement of siddhi is only to develop my own potential. Have you any suggestion?

I started to do meditation on chakras described in Yogavishaya of Minanatha.

I'm trying to have lucid dream too as part of my yoga path, but I haven't got it yet. Is there some sadhana to get it?

Why can we attain same siddhis through kundalini yoga OR worshiping deities (that seems outside from us)? What is the conection between them?

Regards

Luciana

Dear Luciana,

Kundalini is the only force that developes all sidhies. Where ever you find any supernatural powers of whatever kind, it is all due to kundalini awakening only. However people who donot know the science of kundalini attribute their powers to verious other sourses.

There are many many siddhis. Yoga sastras describe Sixtyfour siddhis, out of which eight are called Grand Siddhis ( Asta Maha Siddhis). Four of them are physical powers and four are psychic powers. They are : (1) Anima : ability to reduce ones body size to that of an atom(Anu- meaning very small). (2) Mahima : ability to became as big as the universe. ( growing to any size). (3) Gharima : Becominmg as heavy as an iron mountain. (4) Lahima; Becoming as light as wind, there by able to levitate and fly in the sky.This four are physical powers. Now psychic ones: (5) Vasitvam : Ability to biwich all being and control and dominate their mind and behaviour. (6) Isitvam:Ability to rule over the universrs as god (to become an Iswara - god). (7) Pragamyam : ability to enter and be present in all creatures simultaniously and exprerience all their experiences. and ( 8) Prapti: Ability to attain anything one wants ( complete desire fulfillment).

Appart from these Grand Eight there are a verieties of minor siddhis. Miraculas healing power, Seeing present past and future, Seeing through wall or penitrating through the earth and such opaque objects ( x- ray eyes). Ability to live with out eating and drinking, Ability to live as long as one desires, with perpectual youth, having ten thousand elephents strengths, and with the beauty of god or goddess of love ( These group of siddhis is called kaya siddhi- siddhis related to physique) , Emitting Light from the body, Becoming a genious, and so on and so forth.

All powers are our own only. They are our own potentials. Kundalini releases them as She (kundalini) passes through and developes our chakras presently inactive. There are no external powers. The worship of deits release kundalini and develop specific spiritual centres and nerves , as deities are not external entities as it is commomly believed. All deities are inside us. They refer to our own unrealised potentials residing in our inactive nadis(nerves). Have you not heard that God is not to be found in temples of stones and top of mountains but with in one's own heart. Saints and seeras declare that the body is the temple and soul is the God. . (Deho Devaliayam Jeevo siva lingam ). Yoga is a means to realise this and actualise this.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Dear Mr Ravindran.

Thank you for your post.

How can I get some of 64 kundalini tantra? If possible all them?

I'm specially interested in psychic and healing abilities but the my major interest is about tantra.

I'm new on tantra and hinduism. I'm attending a class of mantras and yantras and my teacher advised me to practice chakra meditation to draw yantras because only the "personalised" or "kundalinized" prana can empower yantra.

I'm fallen in love on tantra and hinduism because these are very profound and rich science and I'm very entusiastic to go deep in these subjects.

Regards

Luciana

Dear Luciana,

You cannot get all sixty four, as many of them are not puplished. Some of them are supposed to be lost and not available at all. Some are in Sanscrit manuscript form yet to be published, found only in manusctipt libriary or in individual possession.

But fortunately you dont need all - if you are thinking of practice. There is a sixty fifth tantra that Lord siva revealed after all the sixty four , that gives all the benifits of all the sixty four. This the best of all and gives the siddhis of all . From practice point of you this one is enough and best that I could recommend. This is the Srividya - the Tripura sundari vidya. This you will get it in Tantra raja tantra, and Vamakeswari tantra, both are published. Tanrttra raja by Arthor Avlon and vamakeswri by Maichel Magie. You will also find enough number of books on Srividya. Internet search will give enough material to start with though the secrets of it can only be learned by an initiated adept in this vidya. There are sixty four secret keys in side this vidya to gain the sixty four tantric siddhis which no published work will give or no one other than the initiate will know. However if you start on this path when you are ready, those secrets will come to you.

I dont know where you live. If there is a Sankaracharya mutt in your place you can go there and enquire about a teacher who can initiate you on this. Sankarachary mutt is one authentic lineage of this vidya, though they will not know of the secret keys of siddhis. However you need an initiation to enter in to this sadana.

If you are in India then there are a few places that this Vidya is preserved in lineage traditions.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Dear Mr. Ravindran.

Thank you for your post.

Recently I ordered some books of Arthur Avalon: Serpent Power and Shakti and Shakta through Amazon. I'm waiting to receive the books. But unfortunately Tantraraja Tantra isn't in the catalog of the Amazon. I'll try to find it in other ways. Other books I've ordered too is Yantrachintamani of Jean Riviere and Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines of Evan-Wentz.

I live in Brazil and I think it will not be easy to found people initiate in Sri Vidya, but I believe that there is somebody here who is initiate in this subject.

I'm working slowly and most of time alone. I spent 8 years practicing Hatha Yoga until develop more serious interest in tantra and hinduism. I've done 20000 kali gayatri and recently I completed 100000 Maha Cundi Dharani. I'm attending a class of mantras and yantras and I'm participating in a group of Karma Kagyu sect of Tibetan Buddhism. As you see I'm mixing Buddhism and Hinduism because I'm doing whatever I found about tantrism and what seems easy for me to practice. But I'm not sure what I'm doing or where I'm going. I'm just enjoying the "travel".

Regards

Luciana

Dear Luciana,

Perfect. Do enjoy your exploration. Experimenting is the very spirit of tantra.

But in due course do find some one system and stebilise in that.

If you are in touch with Karma Kagyu sect that is very good. In Hindu traditions it is very difficult to find authentic tantric masters, as at one period of cultural -religious revolution Hindu society, like cristianity, turned against tantra and the practice disappered mostly leaving aside a very few secret practicionars. ( like whica in the west). Where as in Tibet, tantric practice survivred and cherished officially. And hence you will get authentic stuff as well as authentic masters coming in the unbroken lineage. Tibetan tranticism is a fine and authrentic system. You can count on it.

Good luck.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Hello Ravindran Sir,

Could you please let me know where I can buy these books and also the best place to get initiation?

Thank You.

Regards,

Ravikishore

This you will get it in Tantra raja tantra, and Vamakeswari tantra, both are published. Tanrttra raja by Arthor Avlon and vamakeswri by Maichel Magie.

If you are in India then there are a few places that this Vidya is preserved in lineage traditions.

Ravindran Sir,

In the first book Tantra Raja Tantra, only the introduction is in english. The rest of the book is in hindi. Is there a version of this book that's all english only, without any hindi?

I couldn't find the second book, Vamakeswari tantra anywhere on the internet. So, kindly suggest a book store, if you are aware of any, where it is available.

Also, which sankara mutt would you suggest in south india. I've been to one and they don't offer initiation there.

these books.

For initiation Sankara mutt is a fine place.

Dear Ravikishore,

I am not aware of any other version of tantra raja tantra which is completely english. Only arthor Avlon's work which is in sanscrit (not even Hindi) except the introduction, is available.

Vamakeswari tantra is completely transalated in to english by Michael Magee, and is published by Prachaya Prakashan , Varanasi, 1986, by the name Vamakeswarimatam.

I am giving the complete address of the publisher. The phone number might have changed.

Book: Vamakeswarimatam,

Auther: Michael Magee,

Year of publication: 1986

Puplisher: Prachaya Prakashan

Varanasi - 221002

Phone 53252

Post Box No: 2037

You might have gone to a sankaramutt branch where there are only priests appointed for regular worship. They will not initiate.

Initiation is given in any one of the main Sankara mutts. In Shringery Sri Vidya initiation is given. If you cannot go to any main mutt just ask the priest in the branch in your place for shedules of visiting of some one who is authorised to initiate in to Sri Vidya . During Navaratri festivel for instances some of the gurus of Srividya might visit the branches for performing Homa. (You should ask for details of Srividya initiation specifically as that is the name of the 65th tantra vidya).

Apart from the Tantric texts Tantra raja and Vamakeswari , there are a lots of books on Srividya from which you can learn the mantra yantra and worshiping methods. If you go to any big religious book store you will find them, though that is only for knowledge sake. You need an initiation for this Vidya from an authentic guru.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Thank you Ravindran Sir, for the info. If you could, kindly provide answers to my questions:

1) I'd like to learn the first chapter of Durga SapthaShathi. I looked at several websites and most of them say that this is one thing you shouldn't learn it by yourself just like that; you'd have to learn it from a guru.

I'd like to learn all the 13 chapters eventually. I generally like to listen to the audio while following the printed matter. Can I follow the same procedure for learning the SapthaShathi as well?

Could you please let me know the correct way of learning it?

2) Have you heard of Muttathu Vali Amman Temple, Coimbatore? If yes, then is there anything special about this temple or the presiding deity?

3) Could you please let me know what Samayachara Avarthis (Sanskrit Mantras) mean? What is their purpose, where can I find them and how many times should they be chanted?

4) Could you please explain the significance of the following pujas, how and which temple (the best, that is) to perform them:

Kuladevatha Vasiyam

Divya Vijay Narayan

Jeya Jeya Subha Dhirkam

Thank You.

Regards,

Ravikishore

Dear Ravi kishore.

You can learn Durga Saptasati yourself. You can use a casset. If you have any doubt on this procedure think of Lord Siva as your guru.

Do it along with Chandi mantra - i.e. after doing japa of Chandi, then read Durga saptasati. Dont miss sadana on Navaratri days especially. Continue this sadana for three years.

I dont know the answers for your other questions.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Hello Ravindran Sir,

Thank you for the advice. When you say Chandi mantra, do you mean the Navarna mantra? How many times should I do the japa? Another thing is, can I just listen to it anytime, even if I"m not learning it?

Thank You.

Dear Ravi kishore.

Do it along with Chandi mantra - i.e. after doing japa of Chandi, then read Durga saptasati.

Dear Ravikishore,

Yes Chandi is navarna mantra - that you have posted before with nine letters . This mantra is the core mantra of durga saptasati . Chant one lack time minimum . Full sadana is 9 lack times. I have explained this before in your previoous post elsewhere.

Technically Chandi is different from Durga mantra. Chandi is of Nine letters that you have posted before. Durga is 7 lettered Bhairo has posted this mantra in one of his posts.(post 30 of question and answer forum)

Both goddess are durga only but the form and mantra differs.

Immediately after the mantra japa of navarna mantra you are supposed to read Durga saptasati, as a completion process.

But dont get too technical Just start the worship in a simple way. And as you proceed you may add elements to it.

Regards,

K.Ravindran