IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bija

He who eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death...

Rate this topic

http://www.essene.com/

http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/

Jesus Christ speaks in the Gospel of Peace written by John, his foremost disciple:

“It was said to them of old time, ‘Honor thy Heavenly Father and thy Earthly Mother, and do their commandments, that thy days may be long upon the earth.’ And next afterward was given this commandment, ‘Thou shalt not kill,’ for life is given to all by God, and that which God has given, let not man take away. For-I tell you truly, from one Mother proceeds all that lives upon the earth. Therefore, he who kills, kills his brother. And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck from him her quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and Satan will have his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and who so eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death. For in his blood every drop of their blood turns to poison; in his breath their breath to stink; in his flesh their flesh to boils; in his bones their bones to chalk; in his bowels their bowels t o decay; in his eyes their eyes to scales; in his ears their ears to waxy issue. And their death will become his death. For only in the service of your Heavenly Father are your debts of seven years forgiven in seven clays. But Satan forgives you nothing and you must pay him for all. ‘Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot; burning for burning, wound for wound; life for life, death for death.’ For the wages of sin is death. Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads unto death. But do the will of God, that his angels may serve you on the way of life. Obey, therefore, the words of God: ‘Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon th e earth, wherein there is breath of life, I give every green herb for meat. Also the milk of every thing that moveth and liveth upon earth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given unto them, so I give their milk unto you. But flesh, and the blood which quickens it, shall ye not eat. And, surely, your spurting blood will I require, your blood wherein is your soul; I will require all slain beasts, and the souls of all slain men. For I the Lord thy God am a God strong and jealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and showing mercy unto thousands -of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength: this is the first and greatest commandment.’ And the second is like unto it: ‘Love thy neighbor as thyself’ There is none other commandment greater than these.”

`And the birds gathered around him and welcomed him with their song and other living creatures came unto his feet and he fed them and they ate out of his hands'

`Animals, verily these are your fellow creatures of the great Household of God, yea they are our brethren and sisters, having the same breath of life in the Eternal. And whosoever careth for one of the least of these, and giveth it to eat and drink in its need, the same doeth it unto me'.

http://www.essene.com/Essene%20Teachings/True%20Christianity.html

`For of the fruits of the trees and the seeds of the herbs alone do I partake'.

........Clement of Alexandria, chief disciple of the apostle Peter [whom Clement also records as being vegetarian, or more precisely vegan], wrote: 'The Apostle Matthew partook of seeds and nuts and vegetables, abstaining from flesh'.

Literally oceans of innocent blood have been shed because these teachings were suppressed. I estimate that in excess of half a billion in the animal kingdom are butchered to satisfy the Christmas Day bloodlust of the world's "Christians."

<!--[if gte mso 10]> .......> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} ........> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

http://causelessmercy.com/SB7.9.3.htmSB 9 Cp7 TEXT 41

evaṁ sva-karma-patitaṁ bhava-vaitaraṇyām

anyonya-janma-maraṇāśana-bhīta-bhītam

paśyañ janaṁ sva-para-vigraha-vaira-maitraṁ

hanteti pāracara pīpṛhi mūḍham adya

SYNONYMS

evam—in this way; sva-karma-patitam—fallen because of the reactions of one’s own material activities; bhava—compared to the world of nescience (birth, death, old age and disease); vaitaraṇyām—in the river known as Vaitaraṇī (which lies in front of the doorway of Yamarāja, the superintendent of death); anyaḥ anya—one after another; janma—birth; maraṇa—death; āśana—different types of eating; bhīta-bhītam—being exceedingly afraid; paśyan—seeing; janam—the living entity; sva—one’s own; para—of others; vigraha—in the body; vaira-maitram—considering friendship and enmity; hanta—alas; iti—in this way; pāracara—O You, who are on the other side of the river of death; pīpṛhi—kindly save us all (from this dangerous condition); mūḍham—we are all foolish, bereft of spiritual knowledge; adya—today (because You are personally present here).

TRANSLATION

My dear Lord, You are always transcendentally situated on the other side of the river of death, but because of the reactions of our own activities, we are suffering on this side. Indeed, we have fallen into this river and are repeatedly suffering the pains of birth and death and eating horrible things. Now kindly look upon us—not only upon me but also upon all others who are suffering—and by Your causeless mercy and compassion, deliver us and maintain us.

PURPORT

Prahlāda Mahārāja, a pure Vaiṣṇava, prays to the Lord not only for himself but for all other suffering living entities. There are two classes of Vaiṣṇavas—the bhajanānandīs and goṣṭhy-ānandīs. The bhajanānandīs worship the Lord only for their own personal benefit, but the goṣṭhy-ānandīs try to elevate all others to Kṛṣṇa consciousness so that they may be saved. Fools who cannot perceive repeated birth and death and the other miseries of materialistic life cannot be sure of what will happen to them in their next birth. Indeed, these foolish, materially contaminated rascals have manufactured an irresponsible way of life that does not consider the next life. They do not know that according to one’s own activities, one receives a body selected from 8,400,000 species. These rascals have been described in Bhagavad-gītā as duṣkṛtino mūḍhāḥ. Nondevotees, those who are not Kṛṣṇa conscious, must engage in sinful activities, and therefore they are mūḍhas—fools and rascals. They are such fools that they do not know what will happen to them in their next life. Although they see varieties of living creatures eating abominable things—pigs eating stool, crocodiles eating all kinds of flesh, and so on—they do not realize that they themselves, because of their practice of eating all kinds of nonsense in this life, will be destined to eat the most abominable things in their next life. A Vaiṣṇava is always afraid of such an abominable life, and to free himself from such horrible conditions, he engages himself in the devotional service of the Lord. The Lord is compassionate to them, and therefore He appears for their benefit.

yadā yadā hi dharmasya

glānir bhavati bhārata

abhyutthānam adharmasya

tadātmānaṁ sṛjāmy aham

“Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bhārata, and a predominant rise of irreligion—at that time I descend Myself.” (Bg. 4.7) The Lord is always ready to help the fallen souls, but because they are fools and rascals, they do not take to Kṛṣṇa consciousness and abide by the instructions of Kṛṣṇa. Therefore although Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu is personally the Supreme Lord, Kṛṣṇa, He comes as a devotee to preach the Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement. Yāre dekha, tāre kaha ‘kṛṣṇa’-upadeśa. One must therefore become a sincere servant of Kṛṣṇa. Āmāra ājñāya guru hañā tāra’ ei deśa (Cc. Madhya 7.128). One should become a guru and spread Kṛṣṇa consciousness all over the world, simply by preaching the teachings of Bhagavad-gītā.

`And the birds gathered around him and welcomed him with their song and other living creatures came unto his feet and he fed them and they ate out of his hands'
here where we reside, there is a family of wild parots that has taken up residence. The little green guys about 6-8 inches, with a red head and blue tail.

For over 10 years, we have maintained feeders and have a a few generations of the critters who now seem to stay.

Just an hour ago while filling the feeders, there is one youngster parot, that has no fear and was within 18''-24" from my hand while filling the feeders. Apparently he was sleeping inside the Apple shaped one and I awoke him but he did not fly away......

maybe soon he will be eating from my hands

sorry about the tangent but i Love the critters more than reading some of the foolishness of the faithful

this thread title is foolish

sorry about the tangent but i Love the critters more than reading some of the foolishness of the faithful

this thread title is foolish by bishadi

I love them too bishadi. Meat eating is the habit of a foolish tongue - unless we have no other option. The little critters are no different than you and I, and I would not cook you up - unless we were the only two on a desert island with no coconuts :D:kick:.

They will dance for you too...and enjoy your company - even if you eat meat...but you can dance for them!

(the thread title is a deliberate drama)

I can understand your reasoning somewhat...why you say foolish. I feel the spirit of love and compassion can descend upon a meat eater the same as it does a vegetarian. I do not think there is some god who says, oh you bad boy (to picture it that way in simple moralistic god terms).

But there are some very logic arguments for the benefit of no meat diet. Ahimsa (non-violence) can be an unlimited cultivation on gross and subtle levels. The more subtle we go, we can infact begin to see the greater potential for violence. So from that station we have a deeper responsibility for peaceful choice, in my opinion.

The act of killing animals for food, will naturally fall away as we enter the more subtle realm of conscious awareness, possibly. But saying that, a mans conscience is his vote of choice - the conscience is what condemns man isnt it?

I was unemployed in the late 90's and the government more or less forced me to work in an abbatoir. My job was next to the Islamic slaughterman, so I was covered in blood everyday. I noticed one prominent thing at that time of my life - I was virtually an animal myself.

Life factor can lead us to choice, and I am of the opinion if man chooses to eat meat then he should kill the animal. The abbatoir I worked in killed on a mass scale over 5000 animals a day, everyday. That says something to me that the habit of a luxurious tongue is gross foolishness! Most of the meat from that killing factory was exported to the US for a burger chain.

Over the progression of modifying my diet I have slipped on occasion, and taken the tasty meat (due to laziness). The diet I prefer is simple, beans, vegetables, fruits, and breads....and generally these life choices are low impact on the environment. I hope for the day that the low income like myself can have all organic - even clothing, rather than just the organic product for the consciencous middle/upper class thoughtful soul. Then this world will be rockin' and we humans will be rolling with the flow of our destiny:cool:!

I can understand your reasoning somewhat...why you say foolish. I feel the spirit of love and compassion can descend upon a meat eater the same as it does a vegetarian. I do not think there is some god who says, oh you bad boy (to picture it that way in simple moralistic god terms).

But there are some very logic arguments for the benefit of no meat diet.

so if nature shares the motion of existence; do we change the course of life?

such to breath is death to many a microbe. Is it of choice; to not continue the progression within what is actual?

Or simply, the continuance within the progression to life is of this pursuit of life to continue in the production of flesh supporting the consciousness.

To sustain life for the benefit of the total such to feed the body what is necessary over and above the choice of selfish glory suggesting submission to the guise of mans compassion is foolish.

The act of killing animals for food, will naturally fall away as we enter the more subtle realm of conscious awareness, possibly. But saying that, a mans conscience is his vote of choice - the conscience is what condemns man isnt it?
And to consciously remove the sustanance evolved within God over the term of existence is just that; consciousness condemning the body with pride of self, over the good of life.

I was unemployed in the late 90's and the government more or less forced me to work in an abbatoir. My job was next to the Islamic slaughterman, so I was covered in blood everyday. I noticed one prominent thing at that time of my life - I was virtually an animal myself.
IN the flesh of life; that is what we are.

Think of being just that with no clothing of pockets.

Then life and death is of the same cycle as nature (God)....

This morning the little parot was found dead. Apparently the mastiff had captured and crushed his frail body.

i cried

a life nutured and raised upon the corn and seed, with the song and colors of life, was not meant to be of the good production to continue but to share death and the percieved loss

allow me to know the pain associated with the loss of such beautiful life

and still i do

a lesson learned is that to give and care, is often not what governs the outcome of change

even as the cause is pure or may even be observed as good; who can determine without hindsight?

perhaps we shall see in time, as knowing is experiencing with understanding

:crying2:

maybe the truth finds its life alone

Or simply, the continuance within the progression to life is of this pursuit of life to continue in the production of flesh supporting the consciousness.

To sustain life for the benefit of the total such to feed the body what is necessary over and above the choice of selfish glory suggesting submission to the guise of mans compassion is foolish. by bishadi

Yes this is true. What I have been pondering in the last few days bishadi, is how man has evolved (misjudgement) to glorify itself, and the pursuit of his religion and desire for liberation has led him to many mistakes, (infact the religion of man may be that misjudgement of self glorification).

When a realization of man (even vegetarianism) excludes man from nature itself, the ethic can then become dysfunctional in some way. So the choice of compassion not to kill, must arise from a higher principle of beauty, and definately not from mans position of supremacy over nature (as you say in the guise of compassion). In this body we are never supreme over mother nature, but oneday simply dust.

So in that sense your argument is correct, and the flow of life continues. I read this same way of seeing onetime in Father Bede Griffiths version of the Bhagavad Gita, and I do not disregard that vision.

But I will explain mine now....

This morning the little parot was found dead. Apparently the mastiff had captured and crushed his frail body.

i cried by bishadi

Last night on television they had a David Attenborough documentary called 'Meat-eaters'. The beasts were beautiful. I was watching it with my mother, who is very kind. And she expresses she disliked seeing these poor animals being killed in such a cruel way. I kept silent that I did not feel sad with the way of nature, and even pondered how I would feel if I saw a tiger take a human life?

Before the documentary there was a story on the news of an Orangutang almost dead. Farmers in a palm oil plantation in Indonesia had hacked it with a machette. The poor animal evetually died. It looked distraught, in great suffering, and in painfull emotion! I gasped in feeling and compassion!

Why did I do that? Two things why. I could see the ape was much like me, and I could see mans cruelty. And his cruelty was inspired by his need to exploit nature, considering himself the highest principle, aggrandized above nature. With minimal sense of beauty.

So yes bishadi my dear friend, I appreciate your comments and view on life alot actually. The false compassion of the religionist in his ploy in advocating vegetarianism, as another banner of his need to glorify himself is foolish. But I can also see the higher principle of man's surrender to nature and love, and walking with soft sandels upon gentle/violent mother earth. Jai Durga! Jai Kali Maa! Jai Maa (mother of compassion)!

(love to you gentle soul)

That vegetarianisim should be advocated but also for ecological reason.

The amount of wasted resources on growing animals for the pleasure of the tongue is just sooooo ridicules.:eek:

One pound of meat causes so much damage and the only benefits goes to the meat farmer and sellers.

I am sure Bishadi can maybe do some maths in calculating the energy spent on growing a pound of flesh compared to energy growing plants for human consumption. Energy put in VS energy gained.:eek4:

If your maths is correct you should easily see for yourself the economical and ecological reason for moving away from wastefull and uncompassionate meat diet to a more compassionate vegetarian diet.:idea:

This is definately not blind compassion and the maths will prove it.:smash:

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada