IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bishadi

Understanding Life.

Rate this topic

The main purpose of the Vedic literature is to establish knowledge of the Absolute Truth and the process for attaining the highest levels of self-realization

in which to be in absolute truth, means having the capability to comprehend each action; please realize, equally we each can, with pure knowledge

time has shared the mirage of knowing as knowledge evolved during each period.

but in this period, within our time, by returning to the basics of what 'life' is, almost as if to return to the beginning to observe the very first questions asked by our fathers

can we discuss, what life is?

simply to assist our brethren with Understanding Life.

please be kind and remain unbiased; think of us as building a pyramid; only with solid foundations can is remain standing, but each addition, solid and true (good opinions/additions), then we each offer our gifts to the future

think of 'nothing is for the self' on this one; but for others first (please)

Life in the material world anyway is pretty much just suffering in my opinion no matter how nicely you try to dress it up. If you are lucky enough to develop some sort of faith then there is hope that eventually you will come to Krishna Consciousness and be able to get out of the suffering of the material world. Until then we are all pretty much just rearranging chairs on the Titanic so to speak.

Life in the material world anyway is pretty much just suffering in my opinion no matter how nicely you try to dress it up. If you are lucky enough to develop some sort of faith then there is hope that eventually you will come to Krishna Consciousness and be able to get out of the suffering of the material world. Until then we are all pretty much just rearranging chairs on the Titanic so to speak.

so can you offer a meaning that a child could understand...

as well please share what you learned at a young age; what was the definition you began with

as we see what you believe now

i.e..... life is suffering

The way I look at it is just tell children to trust and meditate on God and their life will unfold exactly as it is meant to barring any unforseen accidents or tragedies that seem to even hit the faithful from time to time.

At a young age I wasn't thinking much about the definition of life. I was wishing I could be a running back in the NFL.

AncientMariner, come to the present day. Krishna Conciousness means not deriving experiences from Krishna. Rama, Buddha, Jesus or Prophet didnt derive experiences from anybody or from their past. They themselves experienced. So derive the experience what Krishna derived and not just waste time in glorifying the past. You can experience in this time of your birth or else you will just divert by trying to keep your mind on Krishna throughout your life and you will loose yourself trying to find the conciousness out of you. Come on, experience yourself. Now.

AncientMariner, come to the present day. Krishna Conciousness means not deriving experiences from Krishna. Rama, Buddha, Jesus or Prophet didnt derive experiences from anybody or from their past. They themselves experienced. So derive the experience what Krishna derived and not just waste time in glorifying the past. You can experience in this time of your birth or else you will just divert by trying to keep your mind on Krishna throughout your life and you will loose yourself trying to find the conciousness out of you. Come on, experience yourself. Now.

It's good that Dark did not hear you.

I would have enjoyed the show, and given him a hand also.

It's good that Dark did not hear you.

I would have enjoyed the show, and given him a hand also.

Dear Amlesh, I dont know what is your perception of God or what is your perception of Realisation? Is is just the Bookish quotes or have you experienced anything beyond books. If you want to have a fair debate please come to id srikanthdk71 and i am available. You can curse me or give me light if I am living in the dark or even call some of your friends to give you a hand. Please...

The way I look at it is just tell children to trust and meditate on God and their life will unfold exactly as it is meant to barring any unforseen accidents or tragedies that seem to even hit the faithful from time to time.

At a young age I wasn't thinking much about the definition of life. I was wishing I could be a running back in the NFL.

and i was a beach bum in huntington..... chasing what i used to say; my favorite food

in fact in Laguna, i used to sit with the little bald guys with the little ching ching toys and listen to them

but then again what do you think would be the best words to share to a young mind about the purpose of life.

the idea, that so far, works the best is to suggest

'we like a wave on a pond .... the good interaction increase the size of our wave and we last longer'

and i was a beach bum in huntington..... chasing what i used to say; my favorite food by bishadi
:)

Being a street bum...sometimes...the most wonderful things happen:). Thx bishadi. Real people...real lives...we may even get to chat with a gentle 90 year old lady every now and again (now that is fun).

I remember years ago in san francisco met one street man..he was smoking some hash in a car park, big beard shabby clothes...quite stinky. He called me over and told me a message he had for me (I will never forget that message). He told me his life story...a remarkable man in some ways. I took him for breakfast at a cafe...he had eggs and some bacon (I was not a vego then). He scoffed those eggs...googlies yoke running down his bearded burbler (chinny chin chin). The cafe staff and clientelle looked quite disturbed...the street bum and the kid had fun:). He must have known my future...a dharma bum!

simply to assist our brethren with Understanding Life. by bishadi

:)

Being a street bum...sometimes...the most wonderful things happen:). Thx bishadi.

as to know, we can even 'learn a lesson from the wind'

just yesterday I was appreciating, that even as i have walked the halls of corruption, and denned with the wolfs; i said thank you for the experience

Sounds like some of that new age self help psychology or something. I tried that kind of stuff when I was younger and found it ultimately unsatisfying. It can work for awhile to help you achieve material goals or something but it doesn't give the complete picture of the universe and its functioning. Don't know for sure if Srimad Bhagavatam is true or not but at least it attempts to give you the complete picture. At the end of the day Srimad Bhagavatam is a very interesting explanation of things and the simple life of Krishna Consciousness seems like a nice way to live this life as compared to the constant stress of the materialistic civilization we have created.

Dear Amlesh, I dont know what is your perception of God or what is your perception of Realisation? Is is just the Bookish quotes or have you experienced anything beyond books. If you want to have a fair debate please come to id srikanthdk71 and i am available. You can curse me or give me light if I am living in the dark or even call some of your friends to give you a hand. Please...

Sorry dude, to have answered you in such an uncivilian way. My mistake and I admit it.

Sorry again.:crying2:

Sounds like some of that new age self help psychology or something. I tried that kind of stuff when I was younger and found it ultimately unsatisfying. It can work for awhile to help you achieve material goals or something but it doesn't give the complete picture of the universe and its functioning. Don't know for sure if Srimad Bhagavatam is true or not but at least it attempts to give you the complete picture. At the end of the day Srimad Bhagavatam is a very interesting explanation of things and the simple life of Krishna Consciousness seems like a nice way to live this life as compared to the constant stress of the materialistic civilization we have created.

Maharaj, if you try, nothing happens because you are trying. There is a thought. You should let it happen. I am talking about the thoughtless state. I know it helps in material goals. But these are not goals. These are hurdles. A siddhi is not a gain, it is a hurdle to make to stop from reaching the light. A lamp that is some distance away from you can just give you partial light. Some things start appearing to you. If you are satisfied, you stop there. But if you throw it and your only goal is the light, you get it. In the same way, A swarga, Kinnara loka, a Kailasa, a Vaikunta etc are hurdles in your way. But unless you are free from experiences, the TRUTH cannot be perceived. Yes, Krishna Conciousness can teach you to live in the light of Krishna, but what about your own lamp which is as bright as the devine itself? You can decorate the lord with all the stutis, aratis etc but only when you remove those ornaments, will you see HIM.

Maharaj, if you try, nothing happens because you are trying. There is a thought. You should let it happen. I am talking about the thoughtless state. I know it helps in material goals. But these are not goals. These are hurdles. A siddhi is not a gain, it is a hurdle to make to stop from reaching the light. A lamp that is some distance away from you can just give you partial light. Some things start appearing to you. If you are satisfied, you stop there. But if you throw it and your only goal is the light, you get it. In the same way, A swarga, Kinnara loka, a Kailasa, a Vaikunta etc are hurdles in your way. But unless you are free from experiences, the TRUTH cannot be perceived. Yes, Krishna Conciousness can teach you to live in the light of Krishna, but what about your own lamp which is as bright as the devine itself? You can decorate the lord with all the stutis, aratis etc but only when you remove those ornaments, will you see HIM.

that we all Vaishnavas know, that's why many devotees in the past refused entry to Vaikuntha also...

And also the only thing a vaishnava aspire for is Bhakti.

[Confirmed by Prahlada Maharaj Himself]

in which to be in absolute truth, means having the capability to comprehend each action; please realize, equally we each can, with pure knowledge

time has shared the mirage of knowing as knowledge evolved during each period.

but in this period, within our time, by returning to the basics of what 'life' is, almost as if to return to the beginning to observe the very first questions asked by our fathers

simply to assist our brethren with Understanding Life.

please be kind and remain unbiased; think of us as building a pyramid; only with solid foundations can is remain standing, but each addition, solid and true (good opinions/additions), then we each offer our gifts to the future

think of 'nothing is for the self' on this one; but for others first (please)

bhsaxsmosa.jpg

that we all Vaishnavas know, that's why many devotees in the past refused entry to Vaikuntha also...

And also the only thing a vaishnava aspire for is Bhakti.

[Confirmed by Prahlada Maharaj Himself]

I am not talking of a Kailasa or a Vaikunta where the Shaivas or Vaishnavas are stuck. There is still something beyond it.

Bhakti purifies. It still stops with an experience of a Kailasa or a Vaikunta in a Saanidhya or Saamipya. But Mukti is impossible. Nobody can give you Mukti. You have to earn it yourself. It is simple. Where there is Two(Dvaita) there is no Mukti. If Mukti is a Myth, then.. All the Best.:)

read about this kid who could not find the answers;

OK so let's help

At some point, several questions about life began to arise in my mind. I'm sure these questions arise in the minds of most people at some time or other:

What is the meaning and purpose of life?

Why is man faced with the predicament to choose between good and evil?

Why do people die?

What happens after death?

My parents did not have the answers to these questions.

easy stuff

take it from the lions mouth

To continue. Meaning all life does have a purpose and the laws of physics cannot represent this because the sciences have the wrong math but with any common sense, we can all see; 'life is purposed to continue'

that is why life, reproduces, why is moves in its environment (unlike a rock) to feed, as well life was born from nature (garden of eden).

as in the garden man was still instinctive as with all of nature

The instinct of life is natural but we as conscious, have choice. Which we can observe the natural and act according to either self, or of Good.

ie...to do 'good' is to support life to continue and in contrast 'bad' is the choice of self, causing a 'loss to the common'

good: supports life

bad: loss to the common

pure rules to all mankind

Why do people die?

death is when the mind has no choice. Meaning; when you sleep there is not much difference then death; as your mind is not making determinations to each experience.

So to live in the minds of most is to have conscious cognition but that is not so, as when you sleep, your body is still moving forward in time, although you have no idea but simply confident you will awaken to have another day of choice

Reality is, if in that daytime, you contributed your energy to plant a tree, likewise when you sleep, that tree (life) is still moving forward in time, based on 'your' contribution to support life-to continue. By choice you can plant that tree in good soil, set up a 'good' watering system and well feed it the nutrients to sustain life which will be 'your' creation as when you die, it will still be moving forward in time (alive)

you live in what you did.

to contribute a single cell to combine with another; you have your lineage and lterally a portion of your life and your whole family line combining to make a new shade (a child)...

to teach a young child 'good' pure knowledge, then when that child thinks and observes life, they are doing so with the knowledge and contribution you gave them

to plant that tree; then again when it is 100 feet tall, shading your children and becoming nests for the birds, that whole universe of life is because of your contribution and will out live the bodies we are born into.

in each case, the energy contributed by you is the life that lives beyond the grave

memories are not a part of a spirit. Meaning alzheimers shares that memories are affixed to the bodie we are born with, and not that a spirit is upon our bodies with memories of things

or try another idea;

since we know you and all of us are born from the single celled life of and egg/sperm combination (basically microscopic in the liquid).... but that life absorbs from the environment (within the womb) and the steps of evolution can be seen in the embryo development ie.... see a film on the embryo and find the baby develops a tail but when born, that tail is reabsorbed before the birth

point being, not only is evolution true, but all them lives that contributed to the evolution of each of us, whether it be the fish or the monkey, all them contributions are recorded and alive within the genetic tree and dna of each person

and never was there a break in that line, or you would not be here

as well since all them contributions are within our very structure; then when you look into the mirror and see all them variations from you friend and the color of skin, the type of eyes, the hair and even smile

remember, all that comes from our previous generations who had a 'purpose to continue' and reproduced for you to even be here

which also reveals the comprehension of one of the most pure revelations in all of the world;

such that if all them generations are in fact represented within you, alive and moving forward in time; then when you look in the mirror recognize all you fathers are in fact

"alive and in the flesh" as you stand

so then:

knowledge is what

'raises the fathers to the flesh"

so now go back and ask yourself...........

is it real or is it not?

that is how you will know the revelation

Hi All !

what is life?here's what i think.....

i am born and my journey of LIFE began......as i grow i learned many things.....i understand that there are many things that needs to be known before this life ends but important thing is to divide knowledge into two.That which is necessary and that which is unnessary(this can be know but can be ignored). i believe that one is uplifted to right knowledge or degraded to lower level species only from their human LIFE.

As i learned i understand that LIFE is a part of series of lives just like a daily tv serial only with new name, new body, new circumstances in every lifetime and all this happens weather one likes it or not,weather one accepts it or not. LIFE'S PURPOSE is to gain the knowledge of his existence.

If you are unhappy to know that you have to leave everything you worked for and die one day or if you cannot bear the untimely departure of your loved one's or if you see unhappiness everywhere and you do not want to be here then you find a way to put an end to this series of life and death.All this is possible now because the experiences made you think about finding a way out of these miseries of life.

Everyone that began their life's journey must understand that death strikes them oneday cancelling all appointments and shattering all engagements and there is a great need to find the knowledge which help you uplift. speeches of great masters,devotional books, mingling with divine people will give you a great knowledge of every question you have on life.

A person wonders what LIFE is only when he is disturbed and unhappy, i feel that one is lucky to get such a thought of questioning the purpose of life rather than drinking in a bar to get rid of such thoughts.

It is wise to calculate your life span now and see what you can do with the left over time. life span of 100 years is only in books and in ancient times. present day i would say 70yrs. lets say a person hasn't started the quest for his existence and his life is 40yrs now.......all he got is 30 more years. what should he do? most of it goes in sleep...now how much is left for the knowledge quest? if this happens in every lifetime when is one going to get the knowledge of self? and so the life time is wasted in weeping and wailing for mere trivial things.

conclusion: Read Bhagavad gita with its meaning that is all one needs to uplift one's life and to get answers to all the questions about life. This is what i understood and that i would preach to my children when they ask me about life and its purpose.

Purpose is for what you did in the past and Meaning is what you experience after serving your purpose.

It is like filling an empty glass with water. You have the choice to pour howmuch ever you want. The rest is still empty.

Why do people die?

The Karmas of their past was over. They will be born again if they have Karmas unfinished in the present.

Na Karmana, Na Prajaya, Dhanena tyagenaike Amritatvamanashuh (Kaivalya Upanishad). You cannot become one with the supreme with Karmas etc. It is only possible through Vyragya and resurruction.

Born again with what you gained from your past Karmas. If you are a Karmaviheena, then you will not be born.

Life is the path of taken from ignorance to

the study of Vedanta concluding with

the study of 'What is <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place>'?

I am a long time yogi, so, Listen up and hear my lessons to you:

Vedanta Metaphysics for Dummies summarised:

Nothingness and Something-ness both existed together and

sustained each other since time-immemorial,

together this is called the material manifestation or the Cosmos.

Something-ness may be found either conscious or in-animated.

The Soul ["Vector Point"] enters the equation:

The Self: Each conscious Individual, within the cosmos,

has as its own address a "Vector Point" [X-Y-Z Axis Intersection],

which is indivisible, individual, eternal, and conscious.

An animated conscious individual may occupy a body [encasement].

There are 8,400,000 different forms of bodies [species of Life-forms]

This encasement allows the 4-Pursuit of its own gratification by way of:

1 Eating,

2 Sleeping,

3 Mating,

4 Defense (Physical, mental, ego).

The Soul transmigrates after the body dies:

After the temporal stages of birth, growth, old age and death the vector point retains only the spirit of 'direction toward a **goal'.

Thus by dint of prior cultivated interests, the Soul inherits a new body/encasement which accommodates another lifetime for the pursuit of gratification(s) along the same lines of interests that where cultivated during its last life.

When this is continuously repeated (since time immemorial) the sages call this 'samsara' [the cycle of birth and death].

The forgotten 'Escape Clause'—The pursuit of Liberation/Salvation/Moksha/Mukti/Heaven:

**The goal is often without guidance [by Enlightened Saints] thus

the 4 pursuits [Eating, Sleeping, Mating, Defending] become the ultimate means and end of life's journey —to nowhere except repeated gratification.

During a blessed lifetime, proper guidance [by Enlightened Saints] allows us to reconcile, "What in the hell are we doing here, and, how do we get escape?" —Please note that this guidance is a "Descending Process" [in contrast with an 'ascending process'—ie: self-manifest enlightenment].

The "Descending Process" refers to blessed knowledge that can only be obtained only by higher-authority to whom we are beholding, ie: a predicament of a drowning man is saved by the gracious assistance of the lifeguard.

The Cosmos, in a nut shell:

The setting of the above pastimes of every:

animated conscious individual (ie: Soul/"Vector Point"/Self) and/or

in-animated individual points [gross matter] is

a large empty space of Nothingness the sages call this empty space: 'brahman').

The in-animated elements within the cosmos are of two kinds:

1 gross matter [earth, water, fire, air, either], and,

2 The Subtle Body [mind, intelligence, ego].

The mystery of life:

The mystery of life is the attainment of transcendence.

Some say the attainment of nirvana, or merging with the primordial 'Nothingness' is the goal.

Teachers of Enlightenment:

The chain of succession of knowledge that comes to us is from Vyasadeva.

Vyasadeva shows us —[through dissatisfaction with our own pursuits —life time after life times of gratification in countless species of life, in varying births of different status]

—that the goal of life is to seek the 'Absolute Truth' not relative truths.

The conclusion of Vedic Studies (aka Vedanta):

The conclusion of the Vedas and thus the conclusion of Vedanta is the 'Absolute Truth' known as the personage known as <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place>.

We know this 'Absolute Truth' in the same way we know who are real father is [except for those who had cultivated future disadvantages, ie: bad-Karma]:

From our mother. The Vedas are like our mother telling us who are father is etc, etc.

The most confidential heights of enlightenment:

<st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> Consciousness is the top most mystic yoga discipline:

Remembering the transcendental:

name,

fame,

form,

personality,

paraphernalia,

entourage, and,

pastimes of

none other than

the Supreme Personality of

Godhead

Bhagavan Sri Krishna,

son of Vasudeva,

brother of Balarama,

cousin of Arjuna,

source of Mahavisnu and Narayana,

the original-original eternal, all-cognizant, all-blissful form of God

(in his Transcendent Heaven where every soul pursues reciprocal pastimes with Him face to face.)

That Old reliable Yoga (re-yoke, re-link; re-connect) [not just Hatha-yoga stretches]:

(Astanga-) Yoga is to re-link with this 'Absolute Truth', thus remembering Krishna's form assists the minute living entity [conscious Individual Vector Point] at death so as to acquire a next birth that further cultivates Krsna Conscousness till successful completion.

Death Insurance [not just Life Insurance]:

Remembering Krishna in the material world is prescribed thus [it is also the easiest]:

Chant <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place>'s names.

Chant the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra.

Read the Bhagavad-gita's Chapter 10 "The Opulence of the Absolute”

[to learn where to see God's opulence spread through-out the cosmos.]

Your wellwishing fool,

Bhaktajan

PS: Before you think to question my authority, remember, we get the Guru appropriate to our capacity to understand.

Chant <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place w:st=Krishna</st1:place>'s names.

Chant the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra.

Read the Bhagavad-gita's Chapter 10 "The Opulence of the Absolute”

[to learn where to see God's opulence spread through-out the cosmos.]

Is not the path to Absolute Truth....

meaning; all the other material you suggested above are not found in chanting and chapter 10

You wellwishing fool,

even as the intent is may appear good; the humility of 'not knowing' was lost in complacent acceptance to a religion

now only a fib can continue the secular mind

PS: Before you think to question my authority, remember, we get the Guru appropriate to our capacity to understand.

you have no authority except in your own mind with all the arrogance of the Pope himself

when you can share how to live forever, then you can be a leader of men

but to suggest chanting and chapter 10 are it, when the majority of the material you professed came from 'other' knowledge, then perhaps a retool of what is represented may need further responsibility

i.e..... we can know 'truth' by being honest with every interaction and experience ...... not by following rituals to maintain complacency of a belief

be faithful in knowledge; not following a believer of a faith

you are being questioned for simply fibbing to the children of this earth!

redir?src=image&requestId=916c9ec6a6a2f801&userQuery=school+crossing+guard&clickedItemDest=304759148723806227464676506634158016348&clickedItemMark=1218038893086&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vipd.gov.vi%2Fimages%2Fschool-crossing-guard.jpg&moduleId=image_details.M.xml&clickedItemDescription=Image Details

Waccha looking at boy?

Move your butt and stop galliwagging your skinny little self.

I ain't messing with you son!

Don't give any sass.

I'll wallop you upside your head.

Child.

Now git ta school and learn yourself somethin 'fore you stay the little fool you are.

Don't be gettin yourself on that Police Bad-Boy TV Show. Now, scat.

Amen.

A Crossing Guard's job is never finished.

Waccha looking at boy?

selfishness; a loss to the common

Move your butt and stop galliwagging your skinny little self.

Look at the statues of the western style buddha (last avatar); not skinny.

I ain't messing with you son!
if you were my Pop, i would have respect as he has more compassion and integrity towards the truth, than any religious acceptance

Don't give any sass.

I'll wallop you upside your head.

sorry old timer; remember deciet and corruption will only cause you more of the same feelings to your experience

you made to realize how little you know; selfish pride

Child.

Now git ta school and learn yourself somethin 'fore you stay the little fool you are.

yet, you learning the truth from the babe and it seems to be breaking your heart not being able to comprehend what is true

and when you taste the truth; realize the end of the faith.

Don't be gettin yourself on that Police Bad-Boy TV Show. Now, scat.
even if possible, not even the world leaders can stop what has been learned.

the 'bad-boy' is not kind to decievers and has very little compassion for the corrupt

for an idea, maybe look up Kalki .... note the scar above his lip

battle proven!

Amen.

A Crossing Guard's job is never finished.

and that is what you are doing; stopping the children from developing by the 'sign' of complacent belief

you stand in the way of 'good' by continuing to decieve

such the same as most religious leaders/teachers continue their selfish perpetuation

when a true supporter of 'good' is always up for the task of challenging ignorance, even if it costs him/her his own security (selfish acquisition, the idea of power)

step aside old timer, there's a new sheriff in town!

the star of old stands to return what is not owned; the truth!

so cut this body to pieces and feed the vultures; life will continue by the gift of choice.

Wisdom from a Friend; Skippy

"Each particle that awakens contributes in service to the whole." 2008

perhaps to be awakened in knowledge, each can be a part of the service to existence!