IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Andal

Questions about Loving Krishna

Rate this topic

How can you love Krishna like Andal, Radha, and other gopis did? I mean, Krishna is Vishnu, and his wife and lover is always Lakshmi. So, how can Krishna love other gopis when his love is Lakshmi? Does that mean that those other gopis he married were also Lakshmi or did he marry them because he wanted to end their suffering while his heart always belonged to Lakshmi?

I like Krishna a lot, but I can't love him like the other gopis did because in the back of my mind, Krishna is Vishnu and he belongs to Lakshmi. I can't love another woman's husband like the other gopis. I love Lakshmi. She has helped me many times and gave me comfort, and I feel that loving Vishnu like the other gopis did is like betraying Lakshmi.

Am I making any sense? Or am I crazy for thinking like this?

Nope. What makes you think Lakshmi is His only wife?

The Lord is hailed as 'Parama Purusha' and 'Purushottama' for one reason. He is the only male in existence. Technically, we are all females, and since He protects us, we become His wives.

Nammalvar says, 'He is not male, He is not female, He is not eunuch'. However, even though Nammalvar makes this point, the Lord is still referred to as 'He'. It is a spiritual masculinity.

While Lakshmi is our mother, we enjoy a different relationship with the Lord, although He is her husband. He can be anything you want.

On a personal note, I do not however, enjoy 'Madhurya Rasa'. I prefer the type of relationship Arjuna had with the Lord - a friendship sort of thing.

Yep, it reminds me of Mira Bai, she wanted to meet one of the greatest Sanyassi of her time. The Sanyassi refused to meet her saying, I'm not allowed to meet a Woman.

Mira Bai smiled and said, "I thought Krishna was the only male out here, anyways, who dares challenge Him."

When the Swami heard this from his disciples, he immediately went to have the Darshan of the universal mother.