IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Path of perfection

Rate this topic

I've been reading the book "Path of Perfection." and I'm trying to understand that it says that hot or cold and good and bad have no effect on a Yogi? Does this mean that when one gets to this state they should not practice goodness??? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I'm trying to understand this.. I'm comparing this to Buddhist concept of Nirvana..

The yogi practices presense. Their reaction to good or to bad is the same. It is nonreaction, nonresistance or observation. Such as: "This is what I'm facing now. This too shall pass.". This state of presence does not imply a lack of goodness on the part of the yogi. Nonattachement may seem cold on the surface but it is not. For example you may hug your ----- and feel -----, your observation can allow that to be in the moment without holding on to it or artificially trying to make it last: "This is lovely, this too shall pass.". Alternatively you may need to do something unpleasant to yourself: "This is unpleasant. This too shall pass.". In this way one does not hold on to unpleasantness. There is no need to carry emotions or sensations from the past with us. They have passed. Eventually, the "label" drops away, and the observance becomes: "This is. This too shall pass."

Hot shall pass, Cold shall pass, Good shall pass, Bad shall pass, I shall pass, You shall pass.

What one does before they pass is up to them.

Namaste

It means that a yogi should be free from dualities. The level of Nirvana means cessation of material activities.

Anything created, thought, done etc on the personal basis devoid of the interest of Hari falls under the category of the 3 modes of material nature [Goodness, Passion and Ignorance].

Buddhism limits itself with the level of Nirguna, but above that level comes Bhakti, which is the last stage...

That is working for Hari, since Hari is Brahman, obviously, we'll start working for all the living entities, regardless of his\her maili chaadar [garment].

Concerning leaving Goodness is quite an esoteric topic, Arjuna spoke a lot, but Krishna said "what you are saying stands with of lots of morality in appearance but is nothing in substance."

What we might think is Good from our personal perception might not be so in a universal or more global terms.

That's why what has been planned by the Perfect, i.e, Krishna is always perfect, and his plans are free from the material modes of nature, thus abiding by his plans is known as Bhakti.

Following his plans is the Real Good.

Krishna also said in the Gita, whether you choose to raise your arms or not, does not really matter, when I got up I already killed them; if not you, then someone else will do the Job.

But to be Krishna's servant is a very difficult and another story.

He knows to whom he should relate the Gita.