IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
pujarie five o

Who Is Lord Krishna Legal Consort Radha Or Rukmini

Rate this topic

not to ruffle anyone feathers but i want to ask a questioni think that this post might ruffle some feathers but why is that the mojority of pics have krishna and radha as consorts when this is not so i think i learned some where that krishna's legal wife was rukmini can anyone explain. why is this so. again i dont mean to ruffle anyone feathers.

Radha and Krishna signify purity in love and also remember that when Krishna was with Radha he was just a child and Radha was close to a teenager, i think he was around around 7 or 9 and she was around 12 or 13......what is important for us mortals is to understand his leela and not be bogged down by why this and why that....remember we as humans are like small children in Sprituality so our understanding is not totally developed. For example if a smal child was to look at a painting of mona lisa he would infer it totally different as compared to a mature person and that will be different to someone who is an expert in art and so on.....so lets leave why we do this and why God did this and so on...what matters is our faithin him and what he wanted to teach...listen to your ineer self...the inner self is the most poweful Guru we all have....and follow thy inner self....hope that helps

Kids!

I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!

Kids!

Who can understand anything they say?

Kids!

They a disobedient, disrespectful oafs!

Noisy, crazy, dirty, lazy, loafers!

While we're on the subject:

Kids!

You can talk and talk till your face is blue!

Kids!

But they still just do what they want to do!

Why can't they be like we were,

Perfect in every way?

What's the matter with kids today?

Kids!

I've tried to raise him the best I could

Kids! Kids!

Laughing, singing, dancing, grinning, morons!

And while we're on the subject!

Kids! They are just impossible to control!

Kids! With their awful clothes and their rock an' roll!

Why can't they dance like we did

What's wrong with Kana-ji?

What's the matter with kids today!

--from "Bye Bye Birdie"

Radha and Krishna signify purity in love and also remember that when Krishna was with Radha he was just a child and Radha was close to a teenager, i think he was around around 7 or 9 and she was around 12 or 13......what is important for us mortals is to understand his leela and not be bogged down by why this and why that....remember we as humans are like small children in Sprituality so our understanding is not totally developed. For example if a smal child was to look at a painting of mona lisa he would infer it totally different as compared to a mature person and that will be different to someone who is an expert in art and so on.....so lets leave why we do this and why God did this and so on...what matters is our faithin him and what he wanted to teach...listen to your ineer self...the inner self is the most poweful Guru we all have....and follow thy inner self....hope that helps

wow this is a very good example of someone beating around the bush with all this simee dimee talk of not who , not how and remember dont ask question just hush your mouth put your tail between your legs anr run with the majority. and no you have not answered the question. if you dont read then you cant have a question to ask so what i get is dont worry god exists and dont ask to much questions. dont be bogged down and ask qustions do as i say but dont do as i do.

Kids!

I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!

Kids!

Who can understand anything they say?

Kids!

They a disobedient, disrespectful oafs!

Noisy, crazy, dirty, lazy, loafers!

While we're on the subject:

Kids!

You can talk and talk till your face is blue!

Kids!

But they still just do what they want to do!

Why can't they be like we were,

Perfect in every way?

What's the matter with kids today?

Kids!

I've tried to raise him the best I could

Kids! Kids!

Laughing, singing, dancing, grinning, morons!

And while we're on the subject!

Kids! They are just impossible to control!

Kids! With their awful clothes and their rock an' roll!

Why can't they dance like we did

What's wrong with Kana-ji?

What's the matter with kids today!

--from "Bye Bye Birdie"

hey you sound just like my grand father never wanting this generation to advance and go foward. he was a bitter old person who always lived in the past with hopes that the past would one day return. but thank god it has not yet because us kids are now using computers and the internet. backwards never forward ever.

IT WAS NOT YOUR GRANDFATHER WHO WAS A LOOSER ,

YOU ARE A LOOSER AND SOUND BITTER.

oh come on now a mature person calling me names thanks. looks like i got under your skin my appologies. but still after all names calling and insultive remarks this is the best that you could do.

hey you dont ask a single question guru j say it is so, put your tail between you leg ( and as we trinis like to say it) hush yuh mouth:mad2:

FIRST I AM NOT BITTER AND NEITHER U HAVE GOTTEN UNDER MY SKIN MY FRIEND...I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR GRANDFATHER FOR WHO U HAVE SUCH HARSH WORDS......U R HIS FLESH AND BLOOD AND RATHER THAN UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT HIS POINT OF VIEW U SOUND SO NEGATIVE ON HIM....POOR SOUL......WHAT MAKES U THINK HE WAS BITTER.....ON ASKING OR NOT ASKING QUESTIONS HOW STUPID U THINK U WILL LOOK IF U BEING A COMMERCE STUDENT WENT TO A SCIENCE CLASS TEACHING METAPHYSICS AND STARTED ASKING QUESTIONS.....THE RIGHT THING TO DO WOULD BE IF U WNAT TO ASK QUESTIONS RELATED TO METAPHYSICS AT A PHD COURSE FIRST GO TO CLASS ONE AND THEN LEARN AND MOVE UP AND THEN ASKE QUESTIONS...AS FAR AS MY MATURITY IS CONCERNED WHAT DO U THINK MY AGE IS .....

FIRST I AM NOT BITTER AND NEITHER U HAVE GOTTEN UNDER MY SKIN MY FRIEND...I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR GRANDFATHER FOR WHO U HAVE SUCH HARSH WORDS......U R HIS FLESH AND BLOOD AND RATHER THAN UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT HIS POINT OF VIEW U SOUND SO NEGATIVE ON HIM....POOR SOUL......WHAT MAKES U THINK HE WAS BITTER.....ON ASKING OR NOT ASKING QUESTIONS HOW STUPID U THINK U WILL LOOK IF U BEING A COMMERCE STUDENT WENT TO A SCIENCE CLASS TEACHING METAPHYSICS AND STARTED ASKING QUESTIONS.....THE RIGHT THING TO DO WOULD BE IF U WNAT TO ASK QUESTIONS RELATED TO METAPHYSICS AT A PHD COURSE FIRST GO TO CLASS ONE AND THEN LEARN AND MOVE UP AND THEN ASKE QUESTIONS...AS FAR AS MY MATURITY IS CONCERNED WHAT DO U THINK MY AGE IS .....

that is exactly my point and you made it if you dont know anything about lord krishna dont ask any questions that might upset me just take what i say and shut your mouth. you age is not my business and really i have no interest in it but at the end of the day you still not answer the question. oh Shocks you did " dont ask just take what you get and shut your mouth"

I GUESSS KRISHAN HAD 16,000 WIVES OR LOVERS SO WE COULD NOT SQUEEZE ALL THE 16,000 IN ONE PICTURE :) :) :)

RADHA SIGNIFIES PURITY IN LOVE AND DEVOTION......IF YOUR LITTLE BRAIN CAN UNDERSTAND THAT...

IF IT CANNOT THEN GO TO CLASS ONE AND START FROM THERE.....WILL TAKE YOU MANY LIFETIMES TO UNDERSTAND THIS....BUT THE ONE GOOD THING U HAVE IS THAT YOU ARE INQUISITIVE....SO KEEP GOING AND KEEP ASKING....WHEN U R READY U WILL HAVE THE ANSWER......TILL THEN

i SIGN OFF FROM THIS THREAD NOW.....

not to ruffle anyone feathers but i want to ask a questioni think that this post might ruffle some feathers but why is that the mojority of pics have krishna and radha as consorts when this is not so i think i learned some where that krishna's legal wife was rukmini can anyone explain. why is this so. again i dont mean to ruffle anyone feathers.

The main and legitimate sources for information on Krishna are,

1. Mahabarata

2. Hari Vamsa

3. Vishnu Purana

4. Bhagavat Purana

None of these 4 sources acknowledge the existence of a person named Radha. That should answer your question.

Cheers

Srimati Radha's name is not mentioned in the Bhagavatam because if it was Suka-deva Goswami would have fainted and stop reciting.

Mind you, Sukadeva learnt by hearth the Bhagavatam from his father Vyasadeva.

So it was Vyasadeva that avoided use of the name because he knew that Sukadeva was an associate of Radha in a prior birth etc.

In the Bhagavatam Radha is refered to as Radhika.

Radha & Krishna consorted in childhood, this was a sweet kind of 'puppy-love' par-excellance.

They were seperated when Krishna moved off the cow farm village of Vrindavan.

Krishna, in his late teens, moved to mathura and later to a further off city called 'Dwarka'.

Many years later the Civil-war in the Royal Dynasty of Krishna's cousins occured [The first few hours of the day of the battle is documented in the Bhagavad-gita see: Mahabharata Epic].

Krishna never saw his childhood beloved 'consort' again.

His wives are an un-paralleded opulence, and also, a concession to:

{As I once, in elementary school, asked a catholic nun, "Are you married?" to which she replied, "Yes. I am married to Christ."} Saintly, and or, 'the best of the best of Woman-kind' to find repose in the embrace of none-other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead --who is unequalled by none except in the devotion of Radhika's feelings of seperation from Krishna the cowherd boy of her village; etc etc etc.

Srimati Radha's name is not mentioned in the Bhagavatam because if it was Suka-deva Goswami would have fainted and stop reciting.

Mind you, Sukadeva learnt by hearth the Bhagavatam from his father Vyasadeva.

So it was Vyasadeva that avoided use of the name because he knew that Sukadeva was an associate of Radha in a prior birth etc.

There are at least 3 problems with the above excuse for not finding Radha in any legitimate source,

1. Is this excuse documented in a legitimate source? "Prabhupada said so" or "Sai Baba said so" does not cut it. And if it is not documented in a legitimate source, then I assume you will have no problems agreeing this excuse has no value.

2. The Mahabharata had nothing to do with Suka Goswami's recital. Why not mention her name there?

3. Vyasa was composing Puranas for the entire world - not just for the sake of his son. Makes a weak argument to say he left out a key character like Radha from the story of Krishna just because his son was the fainting type.

Anyway point #1 above is sufficient to throw out this excuse. The fact remains Radha is not mentioned in 4 legitimate sources for the story of Krishna. In my opinion, it would be simpler and honest to admit it and move on, instead of tap dancing to avoid this simple fact and dreaming up ridiculous excuses.

Cheers

There are at least 3 problems with the above excuse for not finding Radha in any legitimate source,

1. Is this excuse documented in a legitimate source? "Prabhupada said so" or "Sai Baba said so" does not cut it. And if it is not documented in a legitimate source, then I assume you will have no problems agreeing this excuse has no value.

2. The Mahabharata had nothing to do with Suka Goswami's recital. Why not mention her name there?

3. Vyasa was composing Puranas for the entire world - not just for the sake of his son. Makes a weak argument to say he left out a key character like Radha from the story of Krishna just because his son was the fainting type.

Anyway point #1 above is sufficient to throw out this excuse. The fact remains Radha is not mentioned in 4 legitimate sources for the story of Krishna. In my opinion, it would be simpler and honest to admit it and move on, instead of tap dancing to avoid this simple fact and dreaming up ridiculous excuses.

Cheers

Garga Samhita and Brahma Vaivarta Purana both talk about Radha in detail.

1. Is this excuse documented in a legitimate source?

Well for god's sakes I was hoping you'd do the work for me.

Yes, it is legitamite [i would not be offering speculation without citing it as speculation].

It was explained to me by Gauranga-Prema brahmacarya who learnt it from ____To be announced___ .

"Prabhupada said so" does not cut it. --I presume you mean to say that you must have the "academic reference", not just some distant recollection proffered as proof of statement. Well the source sastra will be looked up by me asap. Keep the faith Bhai-ji.

2. The Mahabharata had nothing to do with Suka Goswami's recital.

You managed to blurt-out a cute but gross oxzmoron.

Why not mention her name there?

"It was because Suka-deva Goswami would have fainted and stop reciting-- My dear Shvu, I AM NOT NOT KIDDING YOU. I'm not inventing anything--have enough faith in anothers judgement HERE so that you can hit the ground running.

I can be quite reliable when it comes to speaking objective truth, so look it up and give me some nectar too.

3. Vyasa was composing Puranas for the entire world - not just for the sake of his son . . . because his son was the fainting type.

Oy Oy Oy, Vey! Hey Ganga-din, Guess what?

You are soon to get the answer to your highly-highly esoteric and confidential question. Soon this phase of your spiritual quest wiil be over and then even vaster frountiers of KRISHNA-LILA will be beckconing your soul. It's very enlivening to look forward to.

"excuse"

Wrong word. This is from sastra and we'll look it up for you ma priya putram.

"tap dancing"

Yes, in vraja-vrindavan all the gopas & gopis & townfolk dance the grandest dance formations especially when Krishna walks by.

"to avoid this simple fact and dreaming up . . . excuses."

Jiv-jago ma priya putram, ma priya bhrat, ma priya anga-shvu

"Cheers"

If God is a person than we have a god-given right to be an eternal person too. Some like Srimati Radharani et al, already have the company of the Coolest Person in the form of God in his "original-original" personality, Gopala-Govinda-Rama.

PS: I forgot! What about the name RADHIKA? Why am I playing coy with you? Radhika is Radha addressed directly! For gods sake approach the sastra without getting your kundalini in a twist. Look up Radhika. In the Bhagavatam Radha is refered to as Radhika.

Looking forward to hearing of your spirited adventures.

Garga Samhita and Brahma Vaivarta Purana both talk about Radha in detail.

We are discussing the four main legitimate sources for knowledge of Krishna's life. Any information not found here, but found somewhere else is not authentic, unless a strong case is provided for why this information is not found in mainstream sources.

Sukha would faint on hearing her name was an excuse thrown above. This excuse to even merit some discussion should itself come from a legitimate source. Besides, Sukha figures only in the Bhagavatam. What about the Mahabharata, the Harvamsa (wholly dedicated to Krishna's life events) and the Vishnu Purana? Sukha is not the narrator here and there was no problem in mentioning her name. And yet, there is no mention at all.

I never heard of the Garga Samhita and you would have a hard time convincing anyone on why this obscure and unknown text would contain some genuine information on Krishna's life which is missing in texts like the Mahabharata and Harivamsa.

Just as an FYI, the Brahma Vaivarta Purana was composed during the 16th AD, just 400 years ago. How do we know this? Smriti writers from early as 900 AD have quoted the Brahmavaivarta and of 1800 such quotes, not even 100 quotes have made it into the newer version. But even assuming it is old and genuine, all the problems listed above override this reference.

Don't take my word for it. All this information can be obtained through authorized sources - if you have the interest to know.

Cheers

SO WHAT IS AN AUTHORIZED SOURCE ? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT A SOURCE IS AUTHORITY ON GOD, HOW THE HELL U KNOW THAT WHAT THE SOURCE WAS WRITING THE FACTS....HOW DO U KNOW THAT THE SOURCE WAS EITHER AS INTELLIGIENT OR AS STUPID AS U...HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THE SOURCE HAS NOT BEEN MIQUOTED OVER THE YEARS...HOW DO U KNOW ALL THIS IN YOUR INSIGNIFICANT LIFE.....HOW DO U KNOW THAT SOMETING THAT HAPPENED THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO FOUND ITS WAY NOT IN THE TEXTS BUT INTO SOMEONES HEART AND EXPERIENCES AND GOT PASSED ON FROM ONE GENERATION TO ANOTHER...THE PROBLEM I SEE ON THIS WEBSITE IS THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE WHO DECISIEVLY KNOW IT ALL...THEY HAVE EXPEIENCED GOD, SPOKEN WITH HIM OR MAYBE CHATTED WITH HIM OVER A CUP OF TEA AND HE TOLD THEM ALL THIS...WHEN SOMEONE CAN CONFIRM THAT THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW OTHERWISE PLS FORGIVE US FROM YOUR STUPID POSTS AND QUOTES FROM ONE TEXT OR THE OTHER.........SO PLS WHEN U HAVE CHATTED WITH GOD OR EXCAHNGED SMS WITH HIM OR MET HIM IN A BAR OR OVER DINNER , THEN COME AND TELL ME OTHERWISE JUST SHUT UP.......

Don't take my word for it. All this information can be obtained through authorized sources - if you have the interest to know.

Cheers

"We are discussing the four main legitimate sources for knowledge of Krishna's life"

Yet again, You have managed to blurt-out a cute but gross oxzmoron. That's so cute.

-

Blessed Cheers & Cheer-dom-isms to you,

Yes. That sounds like a novel and sound axiom, let us pursue it mutually.

Where have you read such erudite overviews?

Such quick witted and causal reference skills are most admirable.

PS: Bhagavatam has been eliminated from your dearest list of satra describing Krishna: Mahabharata, Hari Vamsa, & Vishnu Purana?

"We are discussing the four main legitimate sources for knowledge of Krishna's life"

Yet again, You have managed to blurt-out a cute but gross oxzmoron. That's so cute.

-

Blessed Cheers & Cheer-dom-isms to you,

Yes. That sounds like a novel and sound axiom, let us pursue it mutually.

Where have you read such erudite overviews?

Such quick witted and causal reference skills are most admirable.

PS: Bhagavatam has been eliminated from your dearest list of satra describing Krishna: Mahabharata, Hari Vamsa, & Vishnu Purana?

Bottom line, Shvu has shown that authentic sources on Krishna's life, like Harivamsa, don't mention Radha. Instead of refuting him, you're just babbling, why?:)

We are discussing the four main legitimate sources for knowledge of Krishna's life. Any information not found here, but found somewhere else is not authentic, unless a strong case is provided for why this information is not found in mainstream sources.

Sukha would faint on hearing her name was an excuse thrown above. This excuse to even merit some discussion should itself come from a legitimate source. Besides, Sukha figures only in the Bhagavatam. What about the Mahabharata, the Harvamsa (wholly dedicated to Krishna's life events) and the Vishnu Purana? Sukha is not the narrator here and there was no problem in mentioning her name. And yet, there is no mention at all.

I never heard of the Garga Samhita and you would have a hard time convincing anyone on why this obscure and unknown text would contain some genuine information on Krishna's life which is missing in texts like the Mahabharata and Harivamsa.

Just as an FYI, the Brahma Vaivarta Purana was composed during the 16th AD, just 400 years ago. How do we know this? Smriti writers from early as 900 AD have quoted the Brahmavaivarta and of 1800 such quotes, not even 100 quotes have made it into the newer version. But even assuming it is old and genuine, all the problems listed above override this reference.

Cheers

How do you know what is 'authentic' and what is not? Were you present for the writing of either the Garga Samhita (which is held to be written by the Devarishi Garga) or for the Brahma Vaivarta Purana (which is held to be written by Brahma Deva Himself)? If not, then how can you determine if it's legit or not? Are you God? Are you Krishna? If not, then how can you be certain who Krishna was lover to and who He wasn't? How can you be certain He didn't love Radhika as Himself? There are scriptures that say that He did, so the cult of Radhika is legit, whether you admit it or not. And, they are legitimate sources. They're as legitimate as any other Purana or Samhita in Hinduism.

Or, do you not believe in the Puranas and Samhitas? Because, if you reject all of them, then I can understand why you wouldn't accept them as legitimate sources. But, if you believe in even one of them, then it's hypocritical to proclaim, for example, Srimad Bhagavata Purana as truth, but then throw away Srimad Brahma Vaivarta Purana.

Bottom line, Shvu has shown that authentic sources on Krishna's life, like Harivamsa, don't mention Radha. Instead of refuting him, you're just babbling, why?:)

Shvu is picking and choosing which sources for Krishna's life are legitimate and which aren't. He's leaving off two critical sources: Brahma Vaivarta Purana and Garga Samhita.

Shvu is picking and choosing which sources for Krishna's life are legitimate and which aren't. He's leaving off two critical sources: Brahma Vaivarta Purana and Garga Samhita.

Shvu's sources are accepted as authentic by all schools of Vaishnavism, and even by others such as advaitins. Whereas, other sources that you/others mention are not. That should explain it.

So in the Rasa-Dance, by the mercy of Shvu we now learn that there is no chief Gopi?

——————————————————————————————————

SB 2.2.23P:

. . .Lord Çré Kåñëa is the property of His pure unconditional devotees, and as such only the devotees can deliver Kåñëa to another devotee; Kåñëa is never obtainable directly. Lord Caitanya therefore designated Himself as gopé-bhartuù pada-kamalayor däsa-däsänudäsaù, or “the most obedient servant of the servants of the Lord, who maintains the gopé damsels at Våndävana.”

A pure devotee therefore never approaches the Lord directly, but tries to please the servant of the Lord’s servants, and thus the Lord becomes pleased, and only then can the devotee relish the taste of the tulasé leaves stuck to His lotus feet.

In the Brahma-saàhitä it is said that the Lord is never to be found by becoming a great scholar of the Vedic literatures, but He is very easily approachable through His pure devotee. In Våndävana all the pure devotees pray for the mercy of Çrématé Rädhäräëé, the pleasure potency of Lord Kåñëa. Çrématé Rädhäräëé is a tenderhearted feminine counterpart of the supreme whole, resembling the perfectional stage of the worldly feminine nature.

Therefore, the mercy of Rädhäräëé is available very readily to the sincere devotees, and once She recommends such a devotee to Lord Kåñëa, the Lord at once accepts the devotee’s admittance into His association. The conclusion is, therefore, that one should be more serious about seeking the mercy of the devotee than that of the Lord directly, and by one’s doing so (by the good will of the devotee) the natural attraction for the service of the Lord will be revived.

———————————————————————————————————-

SB 3.15.42

"The exquisite beauty of Näräyaëa, being many times magnified by the intelligence of His devotees, was so attractive that it defeated the pride of the goddess of fortune in being the most beautiful. My dear demigods, the Lord who thus manifested Himself is worshipable by me, by Lord Çiva and by all of you. The sages regarded Him with unsated eyes and joyously bowed their heads at His lotus feet."

PURPORT

The beauty of the Lord was so enchanting that it could not be sufficiently described. The goddess of fortune is supposed to be the most beautiful sight within the spiritual and material creations of the Lord; she has a sense of being the most beautiful, yet her beauty was defeated when the Lord appeared. In other words, the beauty of the goddess of fortune is secondary in the presence of the Lord.

In the words of Vaiñëava poets, it is said that the Lord’s beauty is so enchanting that it defeats hundreds of thousands of Cupids. He is therefore called Madana-mohana. It is also described that the Lord sometimes becomes mad after the beauty of Rädhäräëé. Poets describe that under those circumstances, although Lord Kåñëa is Madana-mohana, He becomes Madana-däha, or enchanted by the beauty of Rädhäräëé. Actually the Lord’s beauty is superexcellent, surpassing even the beauty of Lakñmé in Vaikuëöha.

The devotees of the Lord in the Vaikuëöha planets want to see the Lord as the most beautiful, but the devotees in Gokula or Kåñëaloka want to see Rädhäräëé as more beautiful than Kåñëa. The adjustment is that the Lord, being bhakta-vatsala, or one who wants to please His devotees, assumes such features so that devotees like Lord Brahmä, Lord Çiva and other demigods may be pleased. Here also, for the devotee-sages, the Kumäras, the Lord appeared in His most beautiful feature, and they continued to see Him without satiation and wanted to continue seeing Him more and more.

SB 3.31.38

"Just try to understand the mighty strength of My mäyä in the shape of woman, who by the mere movement of her eyebrows can keep even the greatest conquerors of the world under her grip."

PURPORT

There are many instances in the history of the world of a great conqueror’s being captivated by the charms of a Cleopatra. One has to study the captivating potency of woman, and man’s attraction for that potency. From what source was this generated? According to Vedänta-sütra, we can understand that everything is generated from the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

It is enunciated there, janmädy asya yataù [sB 1.1.1]. This means that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, or the Supreme Person, Brahman, the Absolute Truth, is the source from whom everything emanates. The captivating power of woman, and man’s susceptibility to such attraction, must also exist in the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the spiritual world and must be represented in the transcendental pastimes of the Lord.

The Lord is the Supreme Person, the supreme male. As a common male wants to be attracted by a female, that propensity similarly exists in the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He also wants to be attracted by the beautiful features of a woman. Now the question is, if He wants to be captivated by such womanly attraction, would He be attracted by any material woman?

It is not possible. Even persons who are in this material existence can give up womanly attraction if they are attracted by the Supreme Brahman. Such was the case with Haridäsa Öhäkura. A beautiful prostitute tried to attract him in the dead of night, but since he was situated in devotional service, in transcendental love of Godhead, Haridäsa Öhäkura was not captivated. Rather, he turned the prostitute into a great devotee by his transcendental association.

This material attraction, therefore, certainly cannot attract the Supreme Lord. When He wants to be attracted by a woman, He has to create such a woman from His own energy. That woman is Rädhäräëé. It is explained by the Gosvämés that Rädhäräëé is the manifestation of the pleasure potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. When the Supreme Lord wants to derive transcendental pleasure, He has to create a woman from His internal potency.

Thus the tendency to be attracted by womanly beauty is natural because it exists in the spiritual world. In the material world it is reflected pervertedly, and therefore there are so many inebrieties.

Instead of being attracted by material beauty, if one is accustomed to be attracted by the beauty of Rädhäräëé and Kåñëa, then the statement of Bhagavad-gétä, paraà dåñövä nivartate, holds true. When one is attracted by the transcendental beauty of Rädhä and Kåñëa, he is no longer attracted by material feminine beauty.

That is the special significance of Rädhä-Kåñëa worship. That is testified to by Yämunäcärya. He says, “Since I have become attracted by the beauty of Rädhä and Kåñëa, when there is attraction for a woman or a memory of sex life with a woman, I at once spit on it, and my face turns in disgust.” When we are attracted by Madana-mohana and the beauty of Kåñëa and His consorts, then the shackles of conditioned life, namely the beauty of a material woman, cannot attract us.

SB 10.5.18:

"O Mahäräja Parékñit, the home of Nanda Mahäräja is eternally the abode of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His transcendental qualities and is therefore always naturally endowed with the opulence of all wealth. Yet beginning from Lord Kåñëa’s appearance there, it became the place for the pastimes of the goddess of fortune."

PURPORT

As stated in the Brahma-saàhitä (5.29), lakñmé-sahasra-çata-sambhrama-sevyamänaà govindam ädi-puruñaà tam ahaà bhajämi. The abode of Kåñëa is always served by hundreds and thousands of goddesses of fortune. Wherever Kåñëa goes, the goddess of fortune naturally resides with Him. The chief of the goddesses of fortune is Çrématé Rädhäräëé. Therefore, Kåñëa’s appearance in the land </ST1:P of <ST1:PVraja </ST1:P indicated that the chief goddess of fortune, Rädhäräëé, would also appear there very soon. Nanda Mahäräja’s abode was already opulent, and since Kåñëa had appeared, it would be opulent in all respects.

SB 10.13.57P:

. . . Kåñëa’s power is variegated, and thus the same çakti, or potency, works in variegated ways. Vividhä means “varieties.” There is unity in variety. Thus yogamäyä and mahämäyä are among the varied individual parts of the same one potency, and all of these individual potencies work in their own varied ways. The saàvit, sandhiné and ählädiné potencies—Kåñëa’s potency for existence, His potency for knowledge and His potency for pleasure—are distinct from yogamäyä. Each is an individual potency. The ählädiné potency is Rädhäräëé. As Svarüpa Dämodara Gosvämé has explained, rädhä kåñëa-praëaya-vikåtir hlädiné çaktir asmät (Cc. Ädi 1.5). The ählädiné-çakti is manifested as Rädhäräëé, but Kåñëa and Rädhäräëé are the same, although one is potent and the other is potency. . . .

—————————————————————————————————

SB 10.30.31

"Please observe, my dear gopés, how in this place lusty Kåñëa’s footprints are pressed more deeply into the ground. Carrying the weight of His beloved must have been difficult for Him. And over here that intelligent boy must have put Her down to gather some flowers."

PURPORT

The word vadhüm indicates that even though Çré Kåñëa was not officially married to Rädhäräëé, He had in fact made Her His bride in the Våndävana forest.

According to Çréla Viçvanätha Cakravarté Öhäkura, the gopés use the word käminaù here to indicate the following thoughts: “We actually love Çré Kåñëa, but still He has rejected us.

Therefore His private dealings with Rädhäräëé prove that this young prince of Vraja has carried Her away because of lust. If He were interested in love, He would have accepted us instead of that cowherd girl Rädhäräëé.”

These thoughts reveal the mood of the gopés who are rivals of Çrématé Rädhäräëé. Of course, the gopés who are Her direct allies were jubilant to see Her good fortune.

SB 10.30.36

"As the gopés wandered about, their minds completely bewildered, they pointed out various signs of Kåñëa’s pastimes. The particular gopé whom Kåñëa had led into a secluded forest when He had abandoned all the other young girls began to think Herself the best of women. “My beloved has rejected all the other gopés, “She thought, “even though they are driven by Cupid himself. He has chosen to reciprocate with Me alone.”"

PURPORT

Previously all the gopés had become proud of their association with Kåñëa and then suddenly lost His association. Only Rädhäräëé remained with Him. Now She has also become proud of that association and will suffer a similar fate. The Lord arranges all this to reveal the gopés’ unparalleled devotion for Him, a devotion whose intensity fully manifests in moments of separation.

SB 10.30.38

"Thus addressed, Lord Kåñëa replied, “Just climb on My shoulder.” But as soon as He said this, He disappeared. His beloved consort then immediately felt great remorse."

PURPORT

Çrématé Rädhäräëé was exhibiting the pride of a beautiful girl who has brought Her boyfriend under control. Thus She told Kåñëa, “Please carry Me wherever You want to go. I can’t walk anymore.” Çré Kåñëa now disappears from Her sight, intensifying Her ecstatic love more and more.

SB 10.30.39-40

"She cried out: O master! My lover! O dearmost, where are You? Where are You? Please, O mighty-armed one, O friend, show Yourself to Me, Your poor servant!"

"Çukadeva Gosvämé said: While continuing to search out Kåñëa’s path, the gopés discovered their unhappy friend close by. She was bewildered by separation from Her lover."

SB 10.30.41

"She told them how Mädhava had given Her much respect, but how She then suffered dishonor because of Her misbehavior. The gopés were extremely amazed to hear this."

PURPORT

It was natural for Rädhäräëé to ask Kåñëa to carry Her, for this request was consistent with the loving mood of Their relationship. Now, however, in great humility She describes Her behavior as wicked. Hearing of these affairs, the other gopés are astonished.