IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

What Is The Tragedy Of Life???

Rate this topic

I was thinking what is the tragedy of life?

beg.jpg

A destitute child begging her way through life...tragedy!

one+leg.jpg

A one legged man feeling his way through...tragedy!

overload.jpg

The inequalities of the material world. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. A man pulling more than he can pull to make ends meet...tragedy!

burning+monk.JPG

A burning Buddhist monk demonstrate against the repressive government, he died without moving a muscle...tragedy!

trailoftears.jpg

The photo was taken during the wars in Former Yugoslavia. It shows a column of Krajina Serbs being expelled by Croat forces in 1995 during Operation Storm. Over 450,000 Serbs were expelled in total...tragedy!

911.jpg

The famous 9-11 terrorist strike. The fall of the twin- towers. More than 2000 people died...tragedy!

the_falling_man.jpg

A fall to death. A man is plunging to his death from the 9-11 attack...tragedy!

israel.jpg

An image of a father trying to protect his son in an Israel gunfire, the son died into his father's lap from the crossfire. The image was taken just before the son's demise...tragedy!

wanting_a_meal.jpg

The photo won a Pulitzer prize taken during the Sudan famine. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat him...tragedy!

These are powerful pictures depicting the condition of the material world. Only a fool will enjoy in this place!

While these are tragic conditions prevailing around us...what is the most tragic of them all?

Wasting our human form of life in mundane sense enjoyment in the name of education, career, family, art, architecture, literature, movies, philanthropy, religion etc etc etc

reincarnationr.jpg

It takes millions and millions of births to attain a human body, and then wasting it over mundane sense enjoyment is the highest tragedy of them all. So more than all the heart breaking photos above, the most tragic situation is when we frivol away our human life for mundane enjoyment. The Upanishads calls those types of people as "atma-ha" or soul-killers.

ṛṣabha uvāca

nāyaḿ deho deha-bhājāḿ nṛloke

kaṣṭān kāmān arhate viḍ-bhujāḿ ye

tapo divyaḿ putrakā yena sattvaḿ

śuddhyed yasmād brahma-saukhyaḿ tv anantam

SB 5.5.1

Lord Ṛṣabhadeva told His sons: My dear boys, of all the living entities who have accepted material bodies in this world, one who has been awarded this human form should not work hard day and night simply for sense gratification, which is available even for dogs and hogs that eat stool. One should engage in penance and austerity to attain the divine position of devotional service. By such activity, one's heart is purified, and when one attains this position, he attains eternal, blissful life, which is transcendental to material happiness and which continues forever.

Here in Lord Rishabadev a great saint and incarnate of Krishna clearly defines the role one should take when one reaches the human form of life. Lord Rishabadev prescribes devotion for Krishna as the ultimate purpose of human life. However it is not easy. Krishna says in the Gita:

manuṣyāṇāḿ sahasreṣu

kaścid yatati siddhaye

yatatām api siddhānāḿ

kaścin māḿ vetti tattvataḥ

BG 7.3

Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.

bahūnāḿ janmanām ante

jñānavān māḿ prapadyate

vāsudevaḥ sarvam iti

sa mahātmā su-durlabhaḥ

BG 7.19

After many births and deaths, he who is actually in knowledge surrenders unto Me, knowing Me to be the cause of all causes and all that is. Such a great soul is very rare.

We can infer from the verses above that human life is attained after millions of births and takes millions and millions more just to surrender to Krishna. So if we waste this one golden chance of human life in mundane affairs, then what can be a bigger tragedy than this?

so much suffering, so much pain, so many tragedies...all can be averted by simply chanting

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

This is the benediction in this golden age!

Please chant!

Hare Krishna

by ananda (noreply@blogger.com) at July 05, 2008 09:16 PM

wow...I dont know who you are krsna (I dont read all your posts)...but man keep posting.... totally visually/thought provoking. rare gems every now and again. thank you. this post shows clearly the horrific nature of this planet...sometimes it looks so beautiful we forget what is potentially possible on the down side.

This is the one that took a chunk off my cemented wall of a heart.

wanting_a_meal.jpg

The photo won a Pulitzer prize taken during the Sudan famine. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat him...tragedy!

This is the one that took a chunk off my cemented wall of a heart.

wanting_a_meal.jpg

like the minds of children; stop feeding them and they will die to the vultures.

Lie to them and they rebel.

Oppress, lie and then repremand; the will do themselves in.

So our responsibility is for them children; as we are all nobodies if we think their lives and our commitment to them is not to be absolute!

Remember our speicies dies without them; they are our life personified.

I know you're posting these with good intentions, but please stop. It could hurt sensitive people, especially the Sudan photos. We don't have to advertise other people's sorrow to feel compassion in our hearts.

I know you're posting these with good intentions, but please stop. It could hurt sensitive people, especially the Sudan photos. We don't have to advertise other people's sorrow to feel compassion in our hearts.

to feel is divine.

seems a real big nasty event is on the horizon; do not take it personal but realize we will see what many never will; let's learn from each moment what lessons 'are intended' by God

"The Tragedy of Life"

"The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man* (his soul, his 'lost' eternal spiritual identity as KRSNA's servant) while he lives *(a life of quiet desperation--Thoreau)." -

-- Albert Einstein

A man who kills his own soul,( the urge for self-realisation) the Srimad-Bhagavatam calls him a soul-killer, atma-ha.:smash:

*The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation.

-- Henry David Thoreau

Right. Let's all close our eyes to the cold hard reality of material nature and pretend things are really much better than they are and we will all live happy ever after in this world.:rolleyes:

It should hurt to face these facts. We can say it's all just a dream but someone experiencing a nightmare is still suffering.

I look away also. Why? I think it is because I don't really care very much about the suffering of others and I hate to face that and admit that about myself. Easier to pretend it's all not happening. The problem with that is I deny myself the impetus to do some honest introspection on my own mind which is a valuable tool for growth.

For years I have had this little note taped to my mirror where I shave in the morning. It reads simply "Face It". Instead of concentrating on the shape of my face I need to investigate the structure of my shadow mind, the one I hide even from myself.

I love these blunt reality posts.

Keep them coming for only those that see the ways of nescience and knowledge side by side can transcend birth and death.

Sri Isopanishad Mantra 11. Only one who can learn the process of nescience and that of transcendental knowledge side by side can transcend the influence of repeated birth and death and enjoy the full blessings of immortality.

Senstive people? I have seen enough for the World to know that the so-called Senstive people are those who doesn't give a damn about anyone and dislike the notion of you bringing issues like this to their attention because it could disturb their senses.

In this World, we all have a place to go and responsibilities to keep. Do your parts, however little it could be, and hopefully, the World will take care of itself.

You could start by clicking on this buttons just once a day like I do. 5 minute of your time, could help to save a life. And my prayers will always be to them, and I could pray that "senstive people" get wiped out first. :pray:

www.hungersite.com

Work together, stop the hunger.

If we really feel compassion, we must go to these countries, and help the starving people. Not doing much good posting pictures, and offending sensitive people.:crying2:

There's no need to go anywhere to help others. There are plenty of people in the field (like those of UNICEF) who could help more than you could. Giving support to them could be helpful and that could be done without leaving the country.

For example : www.hungersite.com Click on the buttons in this website everyday. Takes less than five minutes and you could save a life.

What a great site, Sephiroth. I have bookmarked it.

The image of the child will never leave me.

Tomorrow as I go about my happy day with my healthy child,

I will remember, I am truly truly blessed.

Thank you krsna, for breaking my heart.

I cannot remember the last time I cried like this.

Namaste

Hi friend,

I have gone through the posting which you have posted. My dear friend its true we all human beings are in the illusion of Maya.

I feel we human beings have lost the Oneness among ourself. We feel each human being is different, we differencitae among caste, we differencitae among friends, we differenciate in relatives why all these things are happeneing to our Lives? Why cant we feel for others?

As we human beings have lost the oneness, we started protecting from our dear friends, our family people our other dear ones.

i feel we can try to come out of these things by following some small steps in our life, Like avoid gossiping, Judegmenting, Expecting.

I feel you can be best friend to yourself if you really understands yourself.

Have a Great day Ahead

If we really feel compassion, we must go to these countries, and help the starving people. Not doing much good posting pictures, and offending sensitive people.:crying2:

If you truly want to help someone, help yourself first. All the pictures shown by "krsna" are simply variances of what will happen to all of us in one way or another. This is a foundational understanding, a basis towards dynamic compassion. The misidentification of our selves is the root cause of all tragedies. Sure we should share our material wealth (undoubtedly) and not attempt to horde what we don't need for our bodies survival yet what good is "giving a man a fish" when you can "teach the man to fish" and above all "know why we should fish".

In the end the question, "Why?" will need to be answered. Lets work on that along with our philanthropic charity.