IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jaswant

Brahmaji

Rate this topic

in the 2nd canto..Brahma was blessed that he will never be influenced by pride...this is just before the "chatur shloki bhagavat"

But in the 10the canto ..he is influeced by pride...that is the stealling of the cows & other gopals...

...any explanations on this ??

jass

in the 2nd canto..Brahma was blessed that he will never be influenced by pride...this is just before the "chatur shloki bhagavat"

But in the 10the canto ..he is influeced by pride...that is the stealling of the cows & other gopals...

jass

If a man; that touched earth and not in some other described dimension;

is capable of both polarities; no perfection ever walked this earth!

Think of choice; takes time to 'know' the right choice; before that; lot's of oooops!

jass

Which Brahma are you referring to? You must understand that there are various Brahmas (living entities given the post of Brahma) I may be wrong but it could be another Brahma from another Kalpa/Time.

Maybe someone with more information could help clarify.

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

Which Brahma are you referring to? You must understand that there are various Brahmas (living entities given the post of Brahma) I may be wrong but it could be another Brahma from another Kalpa/Time.

Maybe someone with more information could help clarify.

Hare Krsna/Krishna

I do not know if its the same BRAHMA ...but I am thinking of 2 incidents.

1) In the begining of creation...thats described in the 2nd canto just before the "chatur shloks"....and

2) The BRAHMA in the 10th canto...the incident is when BRAHMA steals the cows and cowherds...Krishna manifests all the cows and bays for a period of± 1year....

.....is it the same BRAHMA ?

jass

I am not so qualified Jass. But here are some thoughts that come to mind.

Lord Brahma is a very advanced jiva, but conditioned. His promise to show no pride, must be a sign of his honest understanding of his position, and surrender.

When Lord Brahma stole the cows, the lila was under the workings of yoga-maya not maha-maya. I am fairly certain.

So in that sense Lord Brahma's pride in stealing may be a part of that lila orchestrated by yoga-maya. Very pleasing to the Lord.

I have not read these things closely...maybe some other devotees could elaborate. Or clarify my error?

I am not so qualified Jass. But here are some thoughts that come to mind.

Lord Brahma is a very advanced jiva, but conditioned. His promise to show no pride, must be a sign of his honest understanding of his position, and surrender.

When Lord Brahma stole the cows, the lila was under the workings of yoga-maya not maha-maya. I am fairly certain.

So in that sense Lord Brahma's pride in stealing may be a part of that lila orchestrated by yoga-maya. Very pleasing to the Lord.

I have not read these things closely...maybe some other devotees could elaborate. Or clarify my error?

Dear Yogesh & Bija ,

Thanks for the replies..

from Yogesh, the question arises is it the same Brahma?

From Bija:-

So in that sense Lord Brahma's pride in stealing may be a part of that lila orchestrated by yoga-maya. Very pleasing to the Lord

can anybody please elaborate

thanks

j