IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
eshwaar101

animals

Rate this topic

well it has been proven in studys that anaimal show different types of behavior like moroning for the dead and showing signs of joy or happiness, but are animals aware that there is a god like we do or are they just not aware of the lord and also do they pray like we do but in there own way????

In the animal condition the soul is too covered over to contemplate God or questions like Who am I etc. They are simply involved in eating sleeping mating and defending.

Once the soul that is presently in an animal body transmigrates upward to a human form if he fails to inquire about God or questions like Who am I etc. and engages only in eating sleeping mating and defending then despite his human form he still has not attained the human level of consciousness and is technically still an animal despite his two arms, upright stance and opposable thumb.

The human form is distinct and rare. It is considered the perfect boat for crossing over the ocean of misery, of repeated birth and death.

An animal could never ask questions like you have here. Only a true human could form such thoughts.

In the animal condition the soul is too covered over to contemplate God or questions like Who am I etc. They are simply involved in eating sleeping mating and defending.

Once the soul that is presently in an animal body transmigrates upward to a human form if he fails to inquire about God or questions like Who am I etc. and engages only in eating sleeping mating and defending then despite his human form he still has not attained the human level of consciousness and is technically still an animal despite his two arms, upright stance and opposable thumb.

The human form is distinct and rare. It is considered the perfect boat for crossing over the ocean of misery, of repeated birth and death.

An animal could never ask questions like you have here. Only a true human could form such thoughts.

so what does a animal have to do to get a human body......or what cycle does the soul have to go throught o achieve a human body, were we all at once in a different life an animal at some point and eventually promoted to a a human form or is it just different for everyone???????

so what does a animal have to do to get a human body......or what cycle does the soul have to go throught o achieve a human body, were we all at once in a different life an animal at some point and eventually promoted to a a human form or is it just different for everyone???????

I don't understand this in a very detailed way. I have heard there is an automatic progression from animal to another and then finally to human. Then one is expected to keep evolving their consciousness towards the Supreme Divine Person. A gradual progression.

Once the soul gets the human frm they reclaim a portion of free will and is responsible for how they use it. This is called the law of karma. If used properly the soul can move up to the heavenly worlds or even return to the Kingdom of God. If used improperly the same soul can slip backwards into animal form again. This is a form of going to hell.

From there he progresses back to the human form and is allowed to try it again.

This is about all I know about this subject.

I thought I read somewhere in Prabhupadas books that you are a cow before you become human but do not know for sure. I also read in Prabhupadas books that if you are a Krishna devotee but fall down that you end up incarnating as a monkey or a chipmunk in Vrndavana and by the special mercy of the Lord you remember your past human life even though incarnated as an animal in Vrndavana.

I thought I read somewhere in Prabhupadas books that you are a cow before you become human but do not know for sure. I also read in Prabhupadas books that if you are a Krishna devotee but fall down that you end up incarnating as a monkey or a chipmunk in Vrndavana and by the special mercy of the Lord you remember your past human life even though incarnated as an animal in Vrndavana.
so then its possiable for an animal to think of god in some form or the other

so then its possiable for an animal to think of god in some form or the other

There are some extremely stories in the scriptures of a devotee who became attracted to a deer and forgot his practice of self realization and so in the next birth he was housed in the body of a deer but remembered why etc.

This is note the common thing by any wild stretch. You shouldn't see some animal by the side of the road and think he is in some kind of meditation on God.

There are some extremely stories in the scriptures of a devotee who became attracted to a deer and forgot his practice of self realization and so in the next birth he was housed in the body of a deer but remembered why etc.

This is note the common thing by any wild stretch. You shouldn't see some animal by the side of the road and think he is in some kind of meditation on God.

welll no ofcourse not......but i think its kind cruel that the animals dont the that type of sense to think of the lord

Cruel? Yes it is sad and tragic. Hell is in a word...hellish. So we should avoid being placed in such a situation by remembering God. We should also consider that all the time we waste in human form not remembering God is time spent in animal life despite our human form.

A human who does not acknowledge God is nothing more than a polished animal.

Cruel? Yes it is sad and tragic. Hell is in a word...hellish. So we should avoid being placed in such a situation by remembering God. We should also consider that all the time we waste in human form not remembering God is time spent in animal life despite our human form.

A human who does not acknowledge God is nothing more than a polished animal.

lol........finda funny but well put......i wonder if i train my parrot to say krishna or sri ram, would that in it self help him to reach a higher state of cousiecnece

welll no ofcourse not......but i think its kind cruel that the animals dont the that type of sense to think of the lord

It may seem cruel but you must understand that in this animal life form the living entity is not gaining any new good/bad karma but is given the opportunity (by the mercy of God) to burn away the "bad" karma at a very fast pace.

I cannot recall exactly where I read and maybe someone on this forum knows. There are basically 3 "gate-ways / 3 types of animals" for living entity to evolve from animal platform to human platform.

The first gate-way/evolution for living entity is from the bovine animal platform for living entities taking birth in the mode of goodness/Satvic.

The second gate-way/evolution for living entity is from the big cat family platform for living entities taking birth in the mode of passion/Rajasvic.

The third gate-way/evolution of living entity is from the apes/chimpanzee/monkey platform for living entities taking birth in the mode of ignorance.

There are some special cases where living entities can circumvent this evolutionary process due to the mercy of God's devotees which can happen by prasadam distribution.:pray:

So give prasadam to all living entities.

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

lol........finda funny but well put......i wonder if i train my parrot to say krishna or sri ram, would that in it self help him to reach a higher state of cousiecnece

Yes why not. And not just your parrot but all those that hear your parrot chant the Holy names. Of course it is not pure chanting but then again neither is mine. I am pretty much of a parrot myself. Even the trees receive benefits from echos of the Holy Name. It's the vibration and not just the mental comprehension of the meaning.