IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bishadi

what is God?

Rate this topic

Seems the question of pursuing the intent of a collective conscious has a real basis in understanding 'what is God'

"Those who are demons, those who are sinful, nature's law is to place him in such condition that he will become more and more a demon so that he will never be able to understand what is God. This is nature's law. If you want to forget God, then God will put you in such a condition that you can never understand what is God. That is demonic life. That time is also coming. At the present moment, still a few men are interested, what is God. Arto artharti jijnasu jnani. But time is coming ahead when there will be no sense to understand God. That is the last stage of Kali-yuga, ................ Then again Satya-yuga will come. Again golden age will come." Srila Prabhupada Lecture, 08-06-73, London

It seems a duty is left for the teachers of Prabhapada's works.

Do we have any answers that are post August 73', that transcends previous vedic literature as it seems quite clear from above: the answer is still sought.

Idea that works and literally combines a few renditions (pretty much the whole globes religions) but in simple words that can be far easier to convey as well definable in math;

All mass, all energy, all time: the 'total': ONE or simply 'existence'; the beginning and ending: alpha/omega.... within all as of all;.... intimately, a part of all life; entangled.

This occurs mathematically by defining energy as light (em upon mass); then the life upon mass is light; then the progression of evolution can be defined mathematically.

Gravity is entangled energy (light) between mass.

the change is to comprehend existence and how each are of the collective conscious but only need to understand how...

What can be recognized above is that even in all our current sciences and knowlege both religious and accedemic; the pursuit to define life has failed to continue. This exact recognition was noted many years back by a child that made a choice to simply answer them exact questions and not allow any bias to impede or damage pure literal "absolute truth."

smile!

it's a good day!

It is not up to anyone or anyone's duty to teach others what God is and is not. I personally believe that no one could teach another person about God.

It is each person's duty to learn on his own what God is, what is his purpose to exist and what he should do with life. Anyone who says that his religion have taught him on what he should do with his life, is a person who have yet to find a reason to live nor a reason to believe.

God is different to everyone, because everyone is different by nature.

It seems a duty is left for the teachers of Prabhapada's works.

Do we have any answers that are post August 73', that transcends previous vedic literature as it seems quite clear from above: the answer is still sought. by bishadi

The vedic system seemed to me to be evolving in nature. That is its real potency.

If a spiritual movment stifles progression, stifles thought, etc...because of its reliance on history...it may in due course stifle itself. I see this happening in the current Hare Krsna movement. It is bordering on a type of fundamentalism. And how a free spiritual movement can find harmony with fundamentalism is something we all may see in due course.

If the Hare Krsna movement is prophesied to be the world-wide universal religion foretold, it best move with the times and grow. IMHO. If something stops growing it may be called dead by some.

A duty is definately left for the teachers of Srila Prabhupada's works. Some will choose to make his teachings fundamentals, and some others will choose to make his teachings foundations. Foundations can be built upon and made into great buidlings. Fundamentalists and their fundamentals often dont have that same dynamic or outcome.

Progressive teachers may be criticised by a more fundamentalist hierarchy.

It is not up to anyone or anyone's duty to teach others what God is and is not. I personally believe that no one could teach another person about God.

It is each person's duty to learn on his own what God is, what is his purpose to exist and what he should do with life. Anyone who says that his religion have taught him on what he should do with his life, is a person who have yet to find a reason to live nor a reason to believe.

God is different to everyone, because everyone is different by nature.

Then what is God? To you?

Share 'your' version following your comments above.

The vedic system seemed to me to be evolving in nature. That is its real potency.
yes'em...... that be true...

If a spiritual movment stifles progression, stifles thought, etc...because of its reliance on history...it may in due course stifle itself.
The business of faith. And to lose that hold frightens

If the Hare Krsna movement is prophesied to be the world-wide universal religion foretold, it best move with the times and grow.

Something told me that Srila Prabhupada knew he was not the last word, as the thread opener shares.

A duty is definately left for the teachers of Srila Prabhupada's works. Some will choose to make his teachings fundamentals, and some others will choose to make his teachings foundations. Foundations can be built upon and made into great buidlings. Fundamentalists and their fundamentals often dont have that same dynamic or outcome.
This can be mirrored with the sciences; the current model is incorrect in the believed paradigm (such that religions maintain magic/omnipotence).

The change begins with returning to the core foundations an kind of 'start over.' Hence; redefining energy as light.... just as the religious teaching suggested.

Progressive teachers may be criticised by a more fundamentalist hierarchy.

But I still care for the students and new generations even with all the abuse; can't hurt me as me is simply a pawn that may even be sacraficed for the benefit of the game (existence).

What is God? All of it! We live within, of and are of the total.

Kind of neat to understand, never are we alone, but One with all of eternity.

Something told me that Srila Prabhupada knew he was not the last word, as

Dear One,

As far as I know the concept of God is very simple and at the same time very complex. But the meaning changes according to the level of your perception, until you reach the ultimate level of perception. It is actually one's experince. We can tell some body about our experience, but unless he himself experience it , he wont able to understand it fully, however beautifully you explain. It is direct experience that is 'Aparokshanubhuthi" .

In Ramayana there is a small section where Lord Rama ask hanuman about what does he think about him( Rama). To this Hanuman replies,

' Lord, from the consciousness of the body, I feel like you are my prabhu( master) and I a being your dasan( Servant). From the consciousness of the Jeeva, I think I am the jeevathma and you are the paramathma( Iam the part of you). When in the consciousness of the self I feel that I am you ( there is no difference between us). This is the essence of hindu philosophy. One starts with a low level of consciousness, through several cycles of births and rebirths , in the varying levels of spiritual evolution, from Dwaitha through Vishishtadwaitha to the final state of Adwaitha. depending on the spiritual evolution of us in the present life, we believe in different religion, different dieties and finally end up in adwaita at the end. Unless we reach a particular level we wont be able to understand the concept of God proposed by some. That is why there are conflicts between religions and people. So if you properly understand and propagate the principles of sanathana dharma, we cxan hope for total amity in the world. Jai Guru .

Something told me that Srila Prabhupada knew he was not the last word, as

Dear One,

As far as I know the concept of God is very simple and at the same time very complex. But the meaning changes according to the level of your perception, until you reach the ultimate level of perception. It is actually one's experince. We can tell some body about our experience, but unless he himself experience it , he wont able to understand it fully, however beautifully you explain. It is direct experience that is 'Aparokshanubhuthi" .

In Ramayana there is a small section where Lord Rama ask hanuman about what does he think about him( Rama). To this Hanuman replies,

' Lord, from the consciousness of the body, I feel like you are my prabhu( master) and I a being your dasan( Servant). From the consciousness of the Jeeva, I think I am the jeevathma and you are the paramathma( Iam the part of you). When in the consciousness of the self I feel that I am you ( there is no difference between us). This is the essence of hindu philosophy. One starts with a low level of consciousness, through several cycles of births and rebirths , in the varying levels of spiritual evolution, from Dwaitha through Vishishtadwaitha to the final state of Adwaitha. depending on the spiritual evolution of us in the present life, we believe in different religion, different dieties and finally end up in adwaita at the end. Unless we reach a particular level we wont be able to understand the concept of God proposed by some. That is why there are conflicts between religions and people. So if you properly understand and propagate the principles of sanathana dharma, we cxan hope for total amity in the world. Jai Guru .

Dear One,

As far as I know the concept of God is very simple and at the same time very complex.

Yes..

But the meaning changes according to the level of your perception, until you reach the ultimate level of perception. It is actually one's experince. We can tell some body about our experience, but unless he himself experience it , he wont able to understand it fully, however beautifully you explain. It is direct experience that is 'Aparokshanubhuthi" .
The difference(s) we both represent may be the terms we choose to utilize when defining; yet the experiences are known by most all during the course of life. i.e…. experiencing the fatal loss of another often returns a observing party to experience, even unknowingly (may be shrugged off but still felt)

' Lord, from the consciousness of the body, I feel like you are my prabhu( master) and I a being your dasan( Servant). From the consciousness of the Jeeva, I think I am the jeevathma and you are the paramathma( Iam the part of you).

Which is a realization of experiencing existence yet no outside (God) is turning the wheels as we are a part of the mechanism itself.

The words the teacher is conveying are in terms and usage that can be understood with thought but not mind and consciousness combined. Meaning we can see the flame but to comprehend how it burns bring enlightenment to the front of the physical experience; we can comprehend the event as if simply a part of you; become one or almost knowing of the action before it occurs.

When in the consciousness of the self I feel that I am you ( there is no difference between us). This is the essence of hindu philosophy. One starts with a low level of consciousness, through several cycles of births and rebirths , in the varying levels of spiritual evolution, from Dwaitha through Vishishtadwaitha to the final state of Adwaitha.
Terms are different but the meanings perhaps have foundation;

When in the consciousness of the self I feel that I am you ( there is no difference between us).
When removing the self ‘we become one’

This is the essence of hindu philosophy. One starts with a low level of consciousness, through several cycles of births and rebirths
since our fathers were alive since the beginning within the total, of existence, then we are one in reality as only each of them ‘selves’ can isolate the belief or thinking of being separate.

In the beginning our father, new One word, as the next was born, 2……. This evolution within existence is the same as existence defining itself. but these below

in the varying levels of spiritual evolution, from Dwaitha through Vishishtadwaitha to the final state of Adwaitha
are anothers definition

depending on the spiritual evolution of us in the present life, we believe in different religion, different dieties and finally end up in adwaita at the end. Unless we reach a particular level we wont be able to understand the concept of God proposed by some. That is why there are conflicts between religions and people. So if you properly understand and propagate the principles of sanathana dharma, we cxan hope for total amity in the world. Jai Guru .

such as it was written the ‘four voices’ or the combining of the ‘four colors of mankind’

red, yellow, black and white….. the four shades of truth combine into the light of the world; the final evolution for the beginning of Peace, will be written by observing each with compassion; the governing rules are non negotiable; the definitions are where the brothers, into One, finishes the words to perfect the ‘collective conscious’ to Understand!

Only one way it all works and a whole bunch of ‘selfs’ that suggest they know it.

But there is only one universal language that combines all, with absolute truth; mathematically representing God combining the ‘trinity’ of existence; mass, energy, time!

Or to some Hare Krshna, Jesus, The Christ, Jehovah, the list is enormous as each suggest they have the ‘name.’

yeah, yeah, yeah.

But, beshad, you are an athiest. You have nicely spelt it out. A monist talking impersonalist.

Ask and we all would gladly enlighten you to our 100,000 million lifetimes of culminative knowledge.

yeah, yeah, yeah.

But, beshad, you are an athiest. You have nicely spelt it out. A monist talking impersonalist.

Ask and we all would gladly enlighten you to our 100,000 million lifetimes of culminative knowledge.

perhaps a teacher of compassionate understanding of the vedics

the switch will be a brother with the 'good' foundations

the pursuit and absolute commitment to existence

perhaps a teacher of compassionate understanding of the vedics

the switch will be a brother with the 'good' foundations

the pursuit and absolute commitment to existence

This from the care taker of rodent eater's standard bearer.

What have you done in your life that approximates what my Hare Krishna Contemporaies & I have done for the world? {another direct question}.

Just in case:

What have you done in your life that approximates what my Hare Krishna Contemporaies & I have done for the world? {another direct question}.

What have you done in your life that approximates what my Hare Krishna Contemporaies & I, have done for the world? {another question}.

What have you done in your life that approximates what my Hare Krishna Contemporaies & I have done for the world? {this is a question meant for you to answer with out digressing into rambling prose}.

Oh yes, I am good enough to be your teacher [not the other way around].

When you trust my judgement then you will be taught correctly [not the other way around].

When I say put your foot here and step forward --I am to be trusted. Have faith, not pompous wind.

This from the care taker of rodent eater's standard bearer.

only see what is experienced at each interlude;

from this perspective a picture of a boy with a rabit on his lap with a fowl mouth and little compassion or intent to continue life but to continue in faith

Just in case:

When you represent all of Hare Krishna then you can be addressed as contributing anything good?

My life is simple; always seeking knowledge to combine with previous, to assist tomorrow in comprehension.

Don't need any trophies; alive and happy as any could ever wish to be.

See the difference is 'truth reveals life' and heaven is knowing we are already there.

Oh yes, I am good enough to be your teacher
and you have in quite a few areas

are you awaiting an atta boy or are you humble enough to comprehend; it ain't you but existence that is teaching...

When you trust my judgement then you will be taught correctly [not the other way around].
Judging has been represented; that is easy to observe.

Trust in you as a self; Nope! Too prideful with self and all them per se accomplishments within your diocese.

Hey I was a banker with almost a billion in production in my 'business' days; so what. Did that do anything for 'existence' except make me feel good and learn exactly how money turns on this earth?

When I say put your foot here and step forward --I am to be trusted. Have faith, not pompous wind.

may this 'i' suggest the same?

You talk too much about you!

What about combining material so the next baby to land on this earth can read specifically what makes him alive and how to comprehend equality in knowing God!

then if you are a brother of Peace, then maybe the next can be invited until the circle is complete and the final literature UNDERSTANDING can be completed.

This is the last time I will glance in your direction.

It will not be me that you meet at the crossroads.

each experience a choice

probably the same thing the Pope would say; equality is evident by example

remember; first to last, last to first; karma so to speak

He is someone that you always try to evade from.
Is that advice or summation?

Very few good comments or questions from that person. Not the President or Pope would i move aside for or by intent.

All three seem to have a chip on their shoulder as if important. AS if have they have no dirt in their closet like the rest of us. When a man can walk on water, then maybe 'we' are not equal otherwise that person is rude with pride.

I suppose for you, God is Nature.

Nature is simply like brahman or samkhya (tao) the representation 'of' within Vishnu; the total of existence; One; God.

And for the realist: Mass,energy,time; ONE.....

it is the only representation within all the descriptions on earth that literally 'equates' to what the word descriptions share.

What is beautiful is the personal aspect of knowing our entanglement to existence (God Himself)...... as well as what consciousness is within.

these are what the Truth reveals....

Then what is God? To you?

Share 'your' version following your comments above.

It does not matter what is God to me. My understanding of God could be different and sometimes, unacceptable to you or others. Discussion on what God is is futile. Even more futile is arguing who have the right "version" of God.

So, in a way, any religions which stated that they alone have the true god, could then be a false religion, since humanity comes in difference race and creed and there is no way any one race could have "true god".

It does not matter what is God to me. My understanding of God could be different and sometimes, unacceptable to you or others. Discussion on what God is is futile. Even more futile is arguing who have the right "version" of God.
Perhaps the question that might come to mind is; 'why are you on a religious forum?'

So, in a way, any religions which stated that they alone have the true god, could then be a false religion, since humanity comes in difference race and creed and there is no way any one race could have "true god".
That is fair and allows for possibilities.

the opening of the thread had a clip that included a comment by Srila Prabhupada's ....... If you want to forget God, then God will put you in such a condition that you can never understand what is God. That is demonic life........

Does this idea of the pursuit seem important as a universal intent?

And not just the intent to follow a faith but 'understanding' God?

If not for you, for others (tomorrow), without looking at yesterday or retaining status quo but simply for the 'good' of tomorrow, doesn't it seem that the teacher was saying something real important?

What is god?

Consciousness - Cit - is god.

Consciuosness exists in two states:

(1) The bound state: limited and traped inside some matter - flesh, blood, nerve and bone in the case of animal and human beings - called Jeevatman

(2) The unbound state: unlimited and free and transentandal consciuosness - called Paramatman.

They are one and the same essentially. All jeevatmans are parts of the one big whole paramatman.

Technically we call Paramatman as God and jeevatman as soul, jeeva, creature and so on.

K.Ravindran

What is god?

Consciousness - Cit - is god.

Perhaps God (existence) experiences by consciousness (we the people)..

Consciuosness exists in two states:

(1) The bound state: limited and traped inside some matter - flesh, blood, nerve and bone in the case of animal and human beings - called Jeevatman

So is this what mankind experiences when we walk around or talk on the internet?

(2) The unbound state: unlimited and free and transentandal consciuosness - called Paramatman.
Can you share an example of this in the sense, that each person no matter the creed, may find equal?

They are one and the same essentially. All jeevatmans are parts of the one big whole paramatman.

Technically we call Paramatman as God and jeevatman as soul, jeeva, creature and so on.

Please offer a setting to observe and define these as the term will be observed on this side, until the reply

K.Ravindran
always appreciate contributions (of knowledge), thank you