IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bishadi

Spiritual but not religious

Rate this topic

‘Spiritual but not religious’

a wish, from person published this week; 'Let Me Worship as I Am'

“Faith is, in and of itself, full of strangeness and coincidence………… I wish I weren’t so hungry for God, so greedy for meaning. I wish I could be ‘spiritual but not religious,’”…..

These ‘feelings’ are being observed from all over the world as many are seeking spiritual understanding.

So during a splash in the pool, (wife just said, ‘the pool is not a bath tub,’ I said, ‘look on the patio table, see the wash rag and soap; what more is required’) the feelings and what is being asked of ‘spiritual but not religious’ was contemplated.

Before sharing the opinion of this ‘i’ are there others that can make a compassionate addition without quoting someone else’s rendition? Meaning how can each person wake up capable of being spiritual without the rituals of faith?

My dear Bishadi,

Sincerely I have affection for strong-minded individuals.

I am glad that you are not lacking in determination to express yourself even when others such as my self argue loudly.

Ultimately I consider myself your servant and so I will bark & howl & jump up and down and trail mud into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My philosophy letter to Bishadi [please comment]:

Nothingness and Something-ness both existed together and sustained each other since time-immemorial, together this is called the material manifestation or the Cosmos.

Something-ness may be found either conscious or in-animated.

The Self: Each conscious Individual, within the cosmos, has as its own address a "Vector Point" [X-Y-Z Axis Intersection]—which is indivisible, individual, eternal, and conscious.

An animated conscious individual may occupy a body [encasement].

This encasement allows the pursuit of its own gratification by way of:

1 Eating,

2 Sleeping,

3 Mating,

4 Defense (Physical, mental, ego).

After the temporal stages of birth, growth, old age and death the vector point retains only the spirit of 'direction toward a **goal'.

Thus by dint of prior cultivated interests, inherits a new body/encasement which accommodates another lifetime for the pursuit of gratification(s) along the same lines of interests that where cultivated during its last life. When this is repeated since time immemorial the sages call this 'samsara' [the cycle of birth and death].

[**the goal is often without guidance thus the 4 pursuits become the ultimate means and end of life's journey to nowhere except repeated gratification. Proper guidance allows us to reconcile, "What in the hell are we doing here?" during a lifetime].

The setting of the above pastimes [of every animated or inanimated individual point] is a large empty space of Nothingness [the sages call this empty space: 'brahman'].

The in-animated elements within the cosmos are of two kinds:

1 gross matter [earth, water, fire, air, either], and,

2 subtle [mind, intelligence, ego].

The mystery of life is the attainment of transcendence.

Some say the attainment of nirvana, or merging with the primordial 'Nothingness' is the goal.

The chain of succession of knowledge that comes to us from Vyasadeva shows us [through dissatisfaction with our own pursuits —life time after life times of gratification in countless species of life— in varying births of different status] that the goal of life is to seek the 'Absolute Truth' not relative truths.

The conclusion of the Vedas and thus the conclusion of Vedanta is the 'Absolute Truth' known as the personage known as Krishna.

Krishna's form assists the minute living entity [conscious Individual Vector Point] at death so as to acquire a next birth that further cultivates Krsna Conscousness till successful completion. Remembering <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place w:st=Krishna</st1:place>. We know this 'Absolute Truth' in the same way we know who are real father is: from our mother [except for those who cultivated future disadvatages]. The Vedas are like our mother telling us who are father is etc, etc.

Krishna Consciousness is the top most mystic yoga discipline:

Remembering the transcendental name, fame, form, personality, paraphernalia, entourage, and, pastimes of none other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead Bhagavan Sri Krishna, son of Vasudeva, brother of Balarama, cousin of Arjuna, source of Mahavisnu and Narayana, the original-original eternal, all-cognizant, all-blissful form of God in his Transcendent Heaven where every soul pursues reciprocal pastimes with God face to face.

Yoga is to re-link with this 'Absolute Truth', thus remembering <st1:place w:st=" /><st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> in the material world is prescribed thus [it is also the easiest]: Chant Krishna's names. Chant the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra. Read the Bhagavad-gita's Chapter 10 "The Opulence of the Absolute” to learn where to see God's opulence spread through-out the cosmos.

since this board has little moderation governing the integrity of the individuals.

The post above has been answered as pretty much a story about how a person developes and on the original thread the guy posted it on.

It appears the individual is upset at being held accountable, and not to me, but to him/herself.

The intent of the thread was to see if there were answers that a person could read from many opinions; rather than a single opinion or idea.

meaning; care for others over the self is all that is important.

Meaning how can each person wake up capable of being spiritual without the rituals of faith? posted by bishadi

What indicators can we look for bishadi, to see the presence of spiritual in ourselves and surrounds?How can we tell?

Meaning how can each person wake up capable of being spiritual without the rituals of faith? posted by bishadi

What indicators can we look for bishadi, to see the presence of spiritual in ourselves and surrounds?How can we tell?

Do you have children?

Do you share and give with no need of the self but for the life to continue?

Good presence ;)

‘Spiritual but not religious’

Krsna says the same, give up all dharmas/religions, and just surrender unto Me.

People often relate "religious" with an institution, but you don't need a huge administrative machinery in order to become spiritual. Krsna doesn't mention this when instructing Arjuna.

All this depends what you visualize as spiritual. There're lots of folks who say, seeing a grey coloured cat is good for the day, a black cat entering the house is good, if a cat is seen left side of a person on walk, it is an indication of goods things to happen, evil forces kept apart and prosperity is assured if a cat gives birth to kittens in the house, seeing of three black cats together is good for the day, if a cat scratches only one ear three times, it is an indication of guests coming. Or even call such kind of cat omens as "very spiritual".

But don't mind if you have another rabbit to pull out of your hat, this doesn't necessarily has to be spiritual.

Krsna says the same, give up all dharmas/religions, and just surrender unto Me.
Such can be recognized.

People often relate "religious" with an institution, but you don't need a huge administrative machinery in order to become spiritual. Krsna doesn't mention this when instructing Arjuna.
But to submit to faith based on and order, even if a lineage is of oppression and isolation.

All this depends what you visualize as spiritual.

As well how to define integrity. Spiritual would be how energy entangles mass and then being able to comprehend how exchanges work without the ideas of a master wheel turner. That master is the process (brahman) versus a person of mind.

There're lots of folks who say, seeing a grey coloured cat is good for the day, a black cat entering the house is good, if a cat is seen left side of a person on walk, it is an indication of goods things to happen, evil forces kept apart and prosperity is assured if a cat gives birth to kittens in the house, seeing of three black cats together is good for the day, if a cat scratches only one ear three times, it is an indication of guests coming. Or even call such kind of cat omens as "very spiritual".
shall I expect guests .....

But don't mind if you have another rabbit to pull out of your hat, this doesn't necessarily has to be spiritual.

Metaphorically understood.

Seems this life is like a book; unrolls as if purposely wound.

Do you have children?

Do you share and give with no need of the self but for the life to continue?

Good presence ;)by bishadi

I have not been graced with my own children, a little to old to think about making family now;). But ofcourse I can see the gift. That gift is real spirituality.

Often the word 'love' has been downgraded as something of lust in some Hare Krsna philosophical thinking. I think such teachings do an injustice in one small way - making it difficult to find spiritual existence in the simple things of life. With a partner, making families, enjoying life. These things if done well must be love or at least wonderful tools for the cultivation of spirituality.

I have one small pet dog, and observe nature keenly. These two have been the greatest teachers of consciounsess, life, and beauty. They have taught me something that is not found in any religious book.

Something as simple (and complex) as the gift of caring for children - is the proof of existence of God. I love it when Buddha told his followers to look at the nature of a flower for answers.

I am feeling that there is no great divide between the transcendent and matter. It surely must be one. Its time for living well bishadi - being free.

It is a good day.:)

I have not been graced with my own children, a little to old to think about making family now;). But ofcourse I can see the gift. That gift is real spirituality.
Then when the time comes, and you are of that choice, whether to take on a child (whether yours or of anothers who needs guidance) then you know what choice to make;

and share what wisdom you have learned to offer them the chance of continuing the 'good' knowledge, compassion and Love, that may have taken you years to comprehend. Live in them contributions for that life to continue in the good of existence.

With a partner, making families, enjoying life. These things if done well must be love or at least wonderful tools for the cultivation of spirituality.
And cultivating 'life'.. as your parents had; ;)

I have one small pet dog, and observe nature keenly. These two have been the greatest teachers of consciounsess, life, and beauty. They have taught me something that is not found in any religious book.
The book of nature; not much fibbing in that.

Something as simple (and complex) as the gift of caring for children - is the proof of existence of God. I love it when Buddha told his followers to look at the nature of a flower for answers.

I am feeling that there is no great divide between the transcendent and matter. It surely must be one. Its time for living well bishadi - being free.

It is a good day.:)

Peace my friend!

as each that can be seen representing such truth has an affect :crying2:

that is me........ happy but sad all in one