IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Coolgimmy

Calculation of Divisional Charts

Rate this topic

Namaskar,

I am currently using software to flash the rashi and divisional charts. But I found some bugs in the software that I am using and therefore would like to know how to manually calculate the divisional charts on the basis of degrees of planets travelled in the rashi. I could get the placements for Drekanna and Navamsha from the net, but not for other divisional charts and reverse calculation of the same from software did not help me either as it gave contradictory results.

Why is 3.20 for each sign considered for calculating Navamsha when 30/9 comes to 3.33? Same way for Saptamsha 4.17 when 30/7 is 4.28? If a planet is exactly on 3.20deg which house in the Namasha chart should be considered for planet placement, the first or the second.

I am making an XLS file and your replies will help me prepare a ready reckoner to place a planet in the divisional chart.

Regards/

Coolgimmy

OM GURUBHYO NAMAH

namaste

dear coolgimmy

3.20 means 3 degrees and 20 minutes

one degree contains 60 minutes

20 minutes is 20/60 which is 1/3 which is .33

.33 is fraction while .20 is minutes.

these are the usual mistakes people do when they are

not conversant with different units.

you may download the highly useful software called jhora which

is freely available. you may download the full version which gives

lats and longs for all places in the world. its is size is close to 52 MB.

you have all vargas there

http://www.vedicastrologer.org/jh

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

Namaste Shashikaranji,

I was looking forward for theoritical calculation as I am already using JHORA software. There are some bugs in the software and for eg if you enter following DOB, 11,April,1981 12.25PM, Valsad, and calculate AL using software and by theory, the results are different. The AL in rashi chart using software falls in 4th house, while counting the houses it falls in the 7th house. Please let me know if I am mistaken regarding the theory behind the calculation like before.

Regards/

Coolgimmy

Your case comes as an exception. SInce lagna lord mercury is in tenth, you calculated arudha pada as tenth from 10th house - which is th 7th house. However, arudha pada of any bhava cannot be occupied in the 7th house from it, in which case we take tenth house from 7th , i,e 4th house. All these exceptions can be found in Shri PVR Narsimha Rao's website (author of the software) or Pt Sanjay Rath's books.

Also, I hope you are accurate on your birth time, because your lagna is at more than 29degrees and lagna changes after 3 minutes. Sri Sasisekaran may let us know exactly what time is descibed as TIME OF BIRTH - I believe it is the moment the child is made to cry and take its first individual breath, irrespective of whether the umbilical is cut or not.

Best Wishes

Deepa

Namaste Shashikaranji,

I was looking forward for theoritical calculation as I am already using JHORA software. There are some bugs in the software and for eg if you enter following DOB, 11,April,1981 12.25PM, Valsad, and calculate AL using software and by theory, the results are different. The AL in rashi chart using software falls in 4th house, while counting the houses it falls in the 7th house. Please let me know if I am mistaken regarding the theory behind the calculation like before.

Regards/

Coolgimmy

Hi Coolgimmy,

Sorry, If I am interfering; As per my astrological knowledge (which is quite little, but anyway) the sofware seems to be correct and without any bug as Arudha langa can never be in the 7th house. One calculates 10 houses from 7th to assign Arudha langa in these kind of cases, so it falls in 4th house. Hopefully this solves your problem :-)

For more info you can always google : Arudhapada

Note: Sorry Deepa ji, I noticed your reply after I had already posted! so never mind! :-)

Namaste Deepaji,

Thanks for answering me on the calculation of the Arudha lagan. It would help me if you can give the link of the site of Shri.PVR Narsimha Rao where the rules are mentioned for exceptional cases. I brought out this point of the bug, because when I entered a friend of mine in the edit data to flash the charts the basics window showed she was born on Saturday instead of Sunday while the PC calendar and panchang shows Sunday.

Regards/

Coolgimmy

Namaste Shashikaranji,

Regards/

Coolgimmy

Coolgimmy

Your observation regarding JHORA Software is correct; the software produces wrong charts sometimes and in routine it becomes difficult to spot resulting in wrong analysis and judgement. Earlier I was using Bhavishya Darpan and Parashara which expired in Early January 2008 and I started using the free software. And within three months; I found that around 20% of the charts I analysed were actually wrong in calculation. Ultimately, I have to spend some money to get Parashara. If you are seriously pursuing astrology and have good collection of charts; I will suggest you to get some authentic software.

best wishes

Namaste Rajshekharji,

Since you have used multiple softwares, which is more accurate in terms of timing. For eg. related to degrees travelled by the planet in a certain sign. Do they vary from one software to another? How do we ascertain the degrees travelled by a planet in a particular sign and compare the calculations with software? Is there a site available to ascertain this?

Regards/

Coolgimmy

om gurubhyo namah

namate

dear coolgimmy and others

please note that jhora has gone through rigorus tests and is in the site for

more than eight years.

as deepaji suggested please go through the books and start from there.

arudha never falls in the satya peeta or the seventh from it.

hence the arudas of the first , fourth, seventh and tenth house fall under

exceptional rules.

for example if lagna lord is in lagna, arudha will fall in the seventh. since an

arudha of a house cannot fall there itself or seventh from it, move ten houses

from there to place the arudha.

in your case mercury is in pisces , tenth from lagna. tenth from pisces will

take you to dhanus which is seventh from mithuna (the lagna). since aruda

cannot fall in dhanus (seventh from lagna) , move ten houses from dhanus

which is kanya where AL' falls.

also scorpio and aquarius have two lordships . ketu and raho are co-lords

of those houses. to calculate of those houses one will have to find the

stronger of those lords. for scorpio, you will have to find out the stronger

of the mars and ketu. similaraly between rahu and saturn for aquarius.

jhora is always correct. whenever you have any doubt go to the jhora

group in where you can clear them. you can also ask me . wherever

possible i will convey what i have understood.

dear smt.deepa bhandari

i follow the cutting of umblical chord as time of birth. but how do i know

to which one the given birth time represents ?. hence we do certain

procedures for birth time correction. ( but we never move the time by hours ).

wherever the deviation is too much we tend to be catious.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

Respected Sasisekaran ji,

I have never found any calculation mistake in JHORA. In fact I am upon the verge of completing online audio sessions from Shri PVR Narsimha Rao and they have been most fruitful. I have also been actively following JHora's blog and PVR ji answers all calculations taken up. They are exact!

However, I do have too much faith in RajShekharji's calculations and analyses. He maintains limited predictions and never says anything till he is very sure of what he says. I would request him to let us know where he found any error.

Parashara is also easily available and worth everything.

Regarding birth time, well PVRji told us that barring his grandfather's time of birth, he has never come across a chart which does not need time correction!

Best Wishes

Deepa

DOB :23.12.1982

Time: 10.55

Place: Calcutta (West Bengal)

Jhora gives AL at Libra with saturn but as far as I know it must be in mithuna(Gemini) i.e.with rahu.

I may be wrong .

Frnds if you kindly point out my mistake if I am wrong.

its Jhora v7.2

According to me I think as far accuracy of calculation is concerned the software Horoscope Explorer by Publicsoft is great.

Namaskar,

I am using JHora 7.02 and also downloaded the recent version from the link sent by Shashikaranji. If I enter the following Birth details of my friend, 26,August, 1984, 6.15AM Jamnagar, it shows birth time as Saturday, but the week day is Sunday. What is the difference between Vedic weekday and weekday?

Regards/

Coolgimmy

Deepaji why we take Rahu and not Saturn as lord of aquarius or lagna lord in this case.

If we take saturn AL falls in Gemini with Rahu and if we take Rahu yah according to software AL falls in Libra with Saturn.

But why do we not consider Saturn 's lordship here.

I am unaware of the reason so if you or anybody gives it i will be very much thankful.

Namaskar,

I too have a question of the Nodes. On the net I get different solutions for the sign ruled by them, the exaltation signs and the mool-trikona. Some sites say that Rahu is exalted in Gemini and some say its Taurus.Even Virgo is also considered. What are the exact signs ruled by the nodes and what are their exaltation and mool-trikona signs?

What kind of results will Rahu give when in Gemini under two different conditions 1. When in Kendras like 1,4,7,10 and in dushtana 6,8,12. If benefic in own house or exaltation has higher benefic effects, and in debiliation loses its benefic effects is it not that the malefic in own house or exaltation has more maleific powers and in debiliation loses its maleific powers?

If there are two enemy maleifics opposing each other in their own signs or exaltation like Rahu and Mars will their effects sum down to zero?

Regards/

Coolgimmy