IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Medha Devi Das

Haldi Archana

Rate this topic

Someone recently told me I should perform haldi archana everyday. I've only been practicing Hinduism for about two years, so I'm still a little unclear on some things.

When one performs haldi archana it is basically offering a pinch of turmeric to every name while reciting the ashtottarasatanamavali, correct?

Also, what do I do with the haldi afterwards?

Thanks!

so my question to you!did you get guru permission to perform ? and why are you doing something that you have clearly not investigated? and besides whenever you perform any type of sadhana the items used are always offered into running water

no offence intended

Did I say that I had actually undertaken the sadhana yet? No, I don't believe I did.

I've been reading posts on here and most people seem pretty helpful. So, as part of my INVESTIGATION I thought I would enquire here to get what seem like knowledgeable and reliable responses.

I also didn't say that I am completely unfamiliar with any types of puja/sadhana, just that this particular form is not clear to me.

Is it really necessary to have a guru say, "Yes, you can worship God in this way?" (Not that I discount the importance of the guru)

Thanks for answering the question about the haldi and for what I can only assume is an attempt to make me "think", but perhaps it would be more helpful of you to offer advice, insight, or places where I could find information.

~Medha Devi Das