IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
chinu

Ishta Devta

Rate this topic

hi ram_bhakt ..

i had a question, if one is a female and her ishta devta is hanuman ji .. can she still worship him as her ishta devta?

This whole concept of choosing Isthadevata used in Jaimini is bogus. It is meant as a tool for predicting what a person’s ishthadevata will be and in that it falls very flat. To then use it to choose an ishtadevata is pure foolishness.

Isthadevata is the devata that you have a natural attraction for that is something you only can feel.

I know many people who have great devotion to their Ishtadevata and it is not even one of the Jaimini options. This feature of Jaimini is greatly flawed and should not be taken literally. Especially by amateurs who do cook book astrology.

You can check to see that it is bogus by simply going to many people and asking what their ishtadevata is and then checking their chart via Jaimini method and you find that it almost always wrong. For example here in South India the vast majority of people have as their isthadevata Balaji who is massively popular and the most popular temple in ALL of India. To say that He is greatly beloved by masses would be an understatement. I know many people who go on pilgrimage monthly to have darshan. But if you check their chart via Jaimini Balaji or any Visnu incarnation will seldom be their isthadevata, only by chance does it fall as Visnu. So this system simply doesn’t work.

You can of course try to predict their isthadevata using Jaimini, and again you will come up wrong 90% of the time. A system that can’t even get it right 50% is useless what to speak of less than 10% of the time.

So it is then the last word in foolishness to decide the path of your spiritual life, of who you will personally worship via this bogus method. Whoever has popularized it has done a great diservice.

This whole concept of choosing Isthadevata used in Jaimini is bogus. It is meant as a tool for predicting what a person’s ishthadevata will be and in that it falls very flat. To then use it to choose an ishtadevata is pure foolishness.

Isthadevata is the devata that you have a natural attraction for that is something you only can feel.

I know many people who have great devotion to their Ishtadevata and it is not even one of the Jaimini options. This feature of Jaimini is greatly flawed and should not be taken literally. Especially by amateurs who do cook book astrology.

You can check to see that it is bogus by simply going to many people and asking what their ishtadevata is and then checking their chart via Jaimini method and you find that it almost always wrong. For example here in South India the vast majority of people have as their isthadevata Balaji who is massively popular and the most popular temple in ALL of India. To say that He is greatly beloved by masses would be an understatement. I know many people who go on pilgrimage monthly to have darshan. But if you check their chart via Jaimini Balaji or any Visnu incarnation will seldom be their isthadevata, only by chance does it fall as Visnu. So this system simply doesn’t work.

You can of course try to predict their isthadevata using Jaimini, and again you will come up wrong 90% of the time. A system that can’t even get it right 50% is useless what to speak of less than 10% of the time.

So it is then the last word in foolishness to decide the path of your spiritual life, of who you will personally worship via this bogus method. Whoever has popularized it has done a great diservice.

i understand what u are saying ..its true

but instead of commenting on others (i have seen ur posts) in a sarcastic way,

can u help people in the forums with ur vast knowledge? if u have some....

Somayajula..(is that ur surname?

hi ram_bhakt ..

i had a question, if one is a female and her ishta devta is hanuman ji .. can she still worship him as her ishta devta?

definitely she can worship Lord hanuman ji

regards,

jai shri ram

Could youm please help me find my Ishta Devata/Devi

Mitchel

D.O.B. 24th November 1981

Time: 10:45 AM

Place: Mapusa - Goa INDIA

Thank you

dear mitchel,

your isht dev is Goddess Durga

regards,

jai shri ram

dear mitchel,

your isht dev is Lord Shiv (Rudra avatar)

regards,

jai shri ram

namskar

ram bhakth

could u please tell me how u calculated isth ,

i thought karakamsa was in gemini , and taurus was 12th. i thought it was Goddess Lakshmi.....

namskar

ram bhakth

could u please tell me how u calculated isth ,

i thought karakamsa was in gemini , and taurus was 12th. i thought it was Goddess Lakshmi.....

dear lucid,

already in this thread a learned astrologer has almost explained the method.... apply it and you will find it...

dear lucid,

already in this thread a learned astrologer has almost explained the method.... apply it and you will find it...

could please do me the favour of giving the name of that learned astrologer?

as more than one person seems to have explanied it in this thread..

please do give the name and i will learn and apply...