IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sivakasi_ramkumar

what is mean by kala sarpa thosam and kala sarpa yogam?

Rate this topic

Yes true, alternatively its also called "akaraatmak kaal sarp yog" and "sakaaratmak kaal sarp yog" In either case, the native remains completely distraught and shanti puja need to be done.

sakaaratmak can take one to dizzying heights (atal bihari vajpayee, sachin tendulkar, dhirubhai ambani, etc)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vilotbiggest>The frightful fraud called Kaal Sarpa Yoga<!--/Fullheadline--></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=blackbold colSpan=2>By K N Rao

Journal of Astrology

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=blacktext align=left colSpan=2><!-- google_ad_section_start=sify_article -->Why is it, asked a student of astrology, that even after knowing that there is no mention of Kaal Sarpa Yoga in any book and this has no basis, some astrologers still refer to it? The answer is simple and straight. For years, they have cheated by frightening their clients about this fraudulent yoga and made money. If they get out of it now, their cheated clients will demand an explanation which they can never give. They have no defence and therefore they must continue committing the fraud. But what is the truth ? Continue reading this article. Sometime in 2001 Parmanand Pandey, Secretary General of the Indian Federation of Working Journalists and now a practising lawyer in Delhi Court rang me up and said that he wanted to meet me urgently. Paramanand has been known to me for more than twenty years and is like a younger brother to me because he is an intimate friend of my own younger brother K Vikram Rao.

He came and told me that his eldest son,Vinay was upset because some astrologer had told him that there was a KSY (Kala Sarpa Yoga) in his horoscope and that he would not succeed at all in life unless he got shantis done for it by spending twenty five thousand rupees.

I looked at the horoscope of Vinay and told Paramanand that his son would study a technical course and would make a career very soon.

I also told him that astrologers talking of KSY were total frauds and either directly exploited their clients or did it to help someone, a friend or a relation.

There is no KSY mentioned in any classical astrological book and it the biggest cheating trick of astrologers who, through false karmakanda, are frightening people.

You as a lawyer should drag these astrologers to court and get them penalised.

Between 2001 and 2006 Parmanand has come to me with his son many times

I will narrate here what happened later.It will neither be the first time nor last when in the name of Kaal Sarpa Yoga the superstition-ridden Indians will get exploited whatever arguments you may advance. A nation which has raised perverted karmakanda over the real essence of Bhakti deified superstition and invented frightening astrological theories which have no basis in classics, is exploited almost in every area where it has placed its emotions and heart only to get riddance of its wordly worries the easy way.

The ugly and baseless Kaal Sarpa Yoga keeps raising its head again and again because there are astrologers who make huge money out of it by frightening their clients. A great need exists to fight this legally boldly.

From time to time people come to me and tell me how they have been asked to do shanti for KSY and how nothing has altered in their lives even after getting shanti. I asked them if they had put in proper and timely efforts and had done their poojas properly. If they had, they would overcome most of their problems partly or fully without getting exploited by these cheats who pose as astrologers and talk of KSY.

From time to time people come and pester me with question and I have various arguments some of which I am summarising briefly for the benefit of many here.

Karmakanda versus Bhakti

In the history of Hindu religion there has been a well known controversy between Karmakanda and Gyanakanda though they complement each other and one leads to the other. Who would have thought that a new branch would spring which I call FRAUDKANDA and Kaal Sarpa Yoga is an integral part of it now, though it has no basis at all in Jyotisha !! But that is Kaliyuga.

First know something about the battle between Karmakanda and Bhakti by referring to the Geeta (Ch 2 Shl 45)

Traigunya Vishaya Veda Nistraigunyo bhava Arjuna

The import of this is that the Vedas fall within three gunas (satwa, rajas and tamas) and rise above it, Arjuna. Lord Krishna asks Arjuna to rise above even the Vedas because they deal with the worldly enjoyments and not salvation. This is the terrible limitation of the Vedas.

Brahmins vs Khastriyas

"It is mentioned in the Kaushitaki Upanishad that it is contrary to nature for a Kshatriya to receive a Brahman as a student. However, the Upanishads represent a time when the Kshatriya caste began to compete with Brahmans in spiritual endeavors. Though the Brahmans had control of the formal religion in the villages where the Kshatriyas controlled the government, by tutoring their sons and others in the forest the Kshatriyas developed a less ritualistic and traditional spirituality that is recorded in the mystical Upanishads.

http://san.beck.org/EC7-Upanishads.html

The history of Hindu religion is the history of the battle between Brahmins and Khstrayias who fought for social supremacy. Buddhism and Jainism represent such a conflict because in both of these religions, which are protestant in nature, only Khatriyas became great saints or thirthankaras and not Brahmins. This was a fight against the excessive ritualism of Brahmins dominating the society as "heaven ordained contractors" to alleviate your worldly miseries. Do not forget, Lord Krishna did not reject karmamanda but advised Arjuna to rise above it.

Sikhism

In this context we must remember that Sikhism from Guru Nanak to the ninth guru represented a Khastriya assertion against the dominant Brahmins and did so much good to some section of people. Guru Govind Singh has traced the ancestry of Sikh Gurus to the sons of Lord Rama , Lava and Kusha.

Revolts against Karkmakanda

Like Protestants , Calvinists and other movements against Roman Catholicism of the Pope, the history of the religion of Hindus is full of such protests for thousands of years.The last were mainly in the nineteenth century, the Brahmo Samaj which remained confined mainly to Bengal and South India, the Prarthana Samaj which spread in western India and remained confined to Maharastra mainly. But it was the Arya Samaj of Swami Dayanand Saraswati which spread and attracted large number of people in northern India and particularly Punjab. Arya Samaj was a great and liberating socio-religious movement and has done so much good to Hindu society. India should be eternally grateful to Swami Dayananda Saraswati for drawing the attention of his followers to the Gyanakanda of the Vedas and ridding the society of sickening and dogmatic karmakanda by Sanatani Brahmins. (Read the website http://us.share.geocities.com/aryaswarnkar/pr4.txt also quoted at the end of this article.)

Then there have been many other movements like the Radha Swami movement of Beas and Agra, Lingayats in Karnataka. Most of the gurus, great and ordinary, have kept their disciples outside the clutches of karmakandi Brahmins and saved the society. Politically such revolts came from Ramaswamy Naicker and now the DMK and AAIDMK of Tamilnadu. It was inevitable because of narrow and perverted karmakanda of Brahmins and their hatred of non-Brahmins. (Remember I am a Brahmin originally from south India and personally know so much about it.)

Brahmins have asserted themselves through the revival of perverted rituals, not through shodas samskaras but through irrational, unshastric shantis of planets, and the most lucrative shanti of the so called KSY which is a disgraceful reflection on the Brahmin community

Antiquated outlook of some Brahmins

Instead of becoming reformers and modernizers of modern India with an acceptable brand of Hinduism with healthy mix of modern science and technology, many of these backward looking Brahmins, have become agents of distortions, falsification and hypocrisy as the KSY mania shows. It is the biggest menace in Hindu society, spread mainly and essentially by Brahmins, out of their greed to earn money by frightening people. It has spread like a disease to other castes now. See for example what is quoted by Arya Samajis.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And of course...this is what you actually asked for---

Types of Kalsarpa Yoga

There are 12 types of Kalsarpa Yoga. I am sure readers are going to come back to me and ask me about Kal Amrita Yoga as well, but I do not think that Kal Amrita Yoga is a seperate yoga and would not like to comment on it.

1. Anant Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in Lagna, Ketu in seventh house: The person is prone to be target of conspiracies hatched by people supposedly close to him. The person is likely to lose out in matters of courts. Married life would be marred by differences between husband and wife.

2. Kulika Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in second house, Ketu in eighth: This combination is not good for the person’s health. Expenses would be more then the income and the financial situation would remain fairly mediocre. He has to struggle a lot in life to achieve something.

3. Vasuki Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in third house, Ketu in ninth: The person would have trouble dealing with his brothers and friends. Travel to foreign countries would create problems. The person having this combination in his chart should take precautions in deals by paying extra attention towards legal documentation.

4. Shankapal Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in fourth house, Ketu in tenth: The person with this combination would never be satisfied with his financial situation and would always strive for more. The person is prone to troubles relating to immovable property - e.g. land, houses and modes of conveyance - e.g. cars. 5. Padma Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in fifth house, Ketu in eleventh: The person would have trouble with children. The person should never try his luck in lottery, share markets, and anything where speculation is involved.

6. Mahapadma Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in sixth house, Ketu in twelfth: The person would not do well in relationships and would have a very pessimistic view of life.

7. Takshak Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in seventh house, Ketu in first: There is a need for the person to be extra careful in matter relating to married life and business partnerships.

8. Karkotik Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in eighth house, Ketu in second: The person does not benefit from any paternal property. There would be a lot of trust issues between the person and his friends. This combination is not good for health and Rahu being in eighth house is usually not considered good as it indicates a sudden and violent death.

9. Shankhnaad Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in ninth house, Ketu in third: This combination indicates problems from higher authorities, government of the day and local administration in the field of business and commerce.

10. Paatak Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in tenth house, Ketu in fourth: Rahu being in tenth house indicates problem in employment and higher authorities whom the person would report to during his/her job.

11. Vishakt Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in eleventh house, Ketu in fifth: This combination indicates a lot of problems between the person and his elder brother. The person would also remain away from his native place throughout his life. The person would be prone to problems like heart trouble, insomnia etc.

12. Sheshnag Kalsarpa Yoga - Rahu in twelfth house, Ketu in sixth: The person would be prone to problems from people whom he does not know - mysterious enemies.

Methods to reduce the effect of Kalsarpa Yoga

1. The first and foremost method to reduce the affect of Kalsarpa yoga is to pray to Lord Shiva in His Maharudra avatar on Mondays. Rudrashatakam written by Goswami Tulasidas in Ramacharit Manas should be chanted regularly.

2. Wear a Gomed, about two and a half carets in size in the little finger.

3. Wear a special ring, shaped like a serpent with a small Gomed at the head and a Vaidurya (lahsuniya) at the tail. This ring is to be worn in the middle finger. Take a look at the following images - I could not capture the scale correctly, but the size of the stones is actually pretty small - less than 4 mm in diameter.

Deepa Ji,

The information is highly educative for all.Thanks a lot.:)

Is there a way of cancellation of this evil yoga or reduction of intensity other than the above mentioned ones. Does it occur only during Rahu or Ketu periods ? or chronic and perennial ? Just simple doubt.

with best wishes,

USR

dear sir,

i know a case where the lady has all the planets sandwitched between rahu and ketu from lagna. she is yet to see good times in life!!. may be it is true despite what is stated in the article of sri Rao. (good things are cancelled out by her own relatives?!)

pranam

umbaba

Deepa Ji ,Ramkumar and Umbaba ,

To my knowledge the kalasarpa Dosha is an astrological entity and not used by certain section of community to gain money . I have seen some charts and it's effectiveness.My observation is it occurs when all planets and lagna fall between Rahu-Ketu axis.There is only one such dosha and not 12 as developed further by some astrologers.Depending upon the lagna position the malefic results are reflected and they are chronic ie it's effect is life long.The intensity is reduced by remedial action.

It is a serious dosha and can't be ignored .

with regards to all,

USR

OM GURUBHYO NAMAH

namaste

dear shri.ramkumar

yoga means a combination. yoga may be good or bad

dosha's are evil.

there are basically two types of yoga involving rahu and ketu.

one is lead by rahu and the other lead by ketu. the planets

can be placed between them either way.

jawaharlal nehru and p.chidambaram have these yogas.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

It's nice to such a detailed analysis regarding Kala sarpa dosha. Reading this, I have a question. Any information or thoughts about my Husband, will be a great help. I sincerely pray and hope that there is nothing serious about it.

My husband has Rahu in Fifth house, not sure about his Ketu location. But, every astrologer we met says, there is a huge problem regarding having Kids. He is born on September 30th, 1973, time of birth 4:30 am, place of birth is Rajahmundry, Andrapradesh.

Thanks to all the learned members who are sharing their valuable knowledge.

Om Sai Ram

OM GURUBHYO NAMAH

namaste

dear smt.pushyami

your husband does not have kalasarpa yoga. all planets

should be within the area between rahu and ketu, either

clockwise or anticlockwise.

your husband's chart has jupiter and mars on one side

while the other planets are on the other side.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

Can somebody also help me in naming my daughter born on Jan 2005, 28th, 9.30am?? Puzzled completely. Her name should start with M T can somebody also predict her future in general?? Right now we have named her Anushree, but my mother is totally against the name as she has seen people whose name starting with Anu have had too many problems in life.

Is the name Mounitha suitalbe for my daughter or do you esteemed members suggest an alternative please help her school starts on 9th of this month.

REspected USRji,

Its true I have seen some effects and kindly notice the way the types have been mentioned - you will understand the logic - but they do not take ascendant into consideration - thats why the way the yoga/dosha works has to be judged precisely

I appended the article by Shri KN Rao as a mark of giving the readers the perspective they attune themselves with. To each - His own.

I know of a whole family with this planetary arrangements - the effects of the individual planets are not nullified at all. But of course the effects of dosha are seen too.

Best regards

Deepa

I'm not an Astrologer or any learned person to comment on Naming kids,

But, since you need a name with MT, some names you can think of naming your daughter can be Mytri, Mitra, Mohita, Mytrika, Mithila.

Good Luck for her future!

:idea:

Dear Pushyami,

Its nice of you to help. I have analysed your chart and posted the comments. I am presently not at home lest I would have seen your husband's chart as well.

I am also processing Ayush's request, so if he is reading this- Ayush bhai I am going to answer that question nicely. :)

USR ji, PRANAAM - How are you! Yes you are right - this is a great exercise. In fact we could start a few threads ourselves. Dealing with and doing a survey of effective remedies come paramount in my mind. I love giving hope and I want people to benefit from correct ancient wisdom.

Sasisekaran ji - Yes.. we should always say Dosha - people will understand better.

Look at me, I cant stay without this forum can I!

Best wishes

Deepa

Dear Deepa,

As directed by you I have read this link.

Please enlighten the readers the source ( I mean original treatise on Hindu astrology- and not the book written by some recent authors) from where you have culled out the above said 12 types of KSY. I know some recent books have given the above details, but have failed yet again to quote the source.

In my reply dated 14.8.2008, I had quoted "Narpatijacharya" that similar combination is used in specific Muhurtas, and not in delineation of horoscopes.

Best of wishes.

--- Shridhar:smash:

Dear Deepa,

As directed by you I have read this link.

Please enlighten the readers the source ( I mean original treatise on Hindu astrology- and not the book written by some recent authors) from where you have culled out the above said 12 types of KSY. I know some recent books have given the above details, but have failed yet again to quote the source.

In my reply dated 14.8.2008, I had quoted "Narpatijacharya" that similar combination is used in specific Muhurtas, and not in delineation of horoscopes.

Best of wishes.

--- Shridhar :deal:

Great work Deepaji!, as i'm also a learner can you please enlighten us with by how these yogas are divided?

Mr. Sridhar, Shri B.V. Raman also told that KSY must be looked only on mundane charts

as i follow SJC principle, i shall post Pandit Sanjay rath's article on KSY and KAY,

"I do not have the reference at present for the Stanza "Agre Rahu adhou Ketu Sarva madhye Graha..." for Kala Sarpa Yoga (KSY) and the reverse i.e. "Agre Ketu adhou Rahu .." for Kala Amrita Yoga (KAY). There were other details about the famines and destruction brought about by the KSY in mundane matters. This was extended to natal charts.

The moot point is that the nodes (Rahu & Ketu) represent the two extremities of life like the infra-red rays (Ketu) and the Ultra-violet rays (Rahu) being the two extremeties of the visible spectrum of seven colors (VIBGYOR - the remaining seven planets from Sun to Saturn). Like the Infra-red & Ultra-violet rays are not part of the visible spectrum, yet they can be good (Infra-red can cure many bone related/muscle related diseases) or bad (UV is very dangerous and depletes the ozone layer like Rahu cutting out our breathing system and causing strangulation, asthama etc) so also the nodes Ketu & Rahu are not visible, yet they can influence human life.

These two extremities of Human life are the Saint who renounces all attachment to worldly material existence in search for emancipation from sorrow/re-birth symbolised by Moksha karaka Ketu ruling the Tejas (fire) of tapasya or the dreaded Criminals who will go to any extent to enjoy the material enjoyments of this world like the Bhogi - Rahu. These nodes are always opposite to each other symbolising the opposite poles of life direction. Every human being is stationed between these two extremeties at any point of time in his life.

Coming to the question of determining the existence of KSY or KAY, the first thing is to IGNORE the ascendant (Lagna). Place your finger on the sign occupied by Ketu and move it zodiacally along the signs till the sign occupied by Rahu. Were all the other seven planets placed within these signs from Ketu to Rahu? If yes, then Kala Sarpa Yoga

exists. Similarly, place your finger on the sign occupied by Rahu and move it zodiacally along the signs till the sign occupied by Ketu. Were all the other seven planets placed within these signs from Rahu to Ketu? If yes, then Kala Amrita Yoga exists. If KSY exists then there is an inherent tendency to enjoy and to grab material comforts for oneself. This can take an extreme form like criminal tendencies like stealing etc. If KAY exists, then the tendency is to give up everything. In any case such people tend to be extreme in their decisions and naturally, there will be physical (Rahu) and mental (Ketu) suffering just like Rahu and Ketu eclipsing the Sun and Moon respectively.

In both cases, this is considered a bondage due to Karma of the last birth and will relieve the person or manifest at a certain specific age depending on the chart. One method of determing this is to use the natural years of the planets (refer to Crux of Vedic astrology by this scribe) where that for Rahu is 45 and for Ketu is 43. The next natural question is to determine the planets that can break this KSY or KAY related suffering. We know that natural malefics in Kendra (Quadrants) generate Sarpa Yoga. Thus, natural malefic planets (Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu & Ketu - Sun has been included as a Krura and not as a Dushta) only enhace the suffering and potential problems associated with the KSY or KAY while natural Benefic planets (Moon, Jupiter, Mercury & Venus) can annul the suffering and generate greatness or Maha Yoga.

Next comes the placement of these planets to annul the KSY/KAY and generate the Maha Yoga. If in a chart otherwise having KSY/KAY, these benefic planet(s) are placed with either of Rahu (Bhoga) or Ketu (Moksha) then the suffering ends and he attains greatness. Now coming to houses, the placement of these planets in the first or seventh

house (Satya Peetha) also generates this great yoga. The results of KSY/KAY are altered as per the houses they start from and end at. Details are beyond the scope of this letter.

A traditional Vedic Astrologer should not end without a small note on remedies. "Kaloh Chandi Vinayako" is the Vedic remedy for this KSY (Chandi) or KAY (Vinayaka - Ganapati) respectively. When the benefic planets conjoin the nodes, the deities are Parvati/Gouri (Moon), Sambasiva (Jupiter), Vishnu (Mercury) and Lakshmi (Venus) respectively. When natural benefics are in the first house, then the deity is a form of Vishnu while in the seventh house a form of Shiva. In this manner the intelligent astrologer can recommend the correct remedy."

Hope this article might help all new astrologers in their upcoming prediction

all the best

Dear VK Shridhar and Respected surentharp ji,

I am as much of a learner as you are. I have taken PVR Narsimha Rao's tutorials and have read Sarajit Poddar, Varahamihira and Visti Larsen of the Pt Sanjay Rath followings.

Mr. Shridhar, may be I am the one who has read modern author and not the original treatise as you mention.

There is absolutely no ambiguity with the distribution of KSY into the 12 types - although while applying it to horoscopes, I find the effects largely vary.

I am still clueless about whether remedies for KSY have been showing effects or not. It is extremely disheartening to see some people suffering on the same account.

Best Wishes

Deepa