IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
nitai16108

Gita Govinda for Lord Jaganath

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

All Glories to Srila Prabhupad!

All Glories to Sri Nama Prabhu!

All Glories to Sri Sri jaganath Baladev Subatra maharani.

i came to know Lord Jaganath likes "Gita Govind" song much. so i heared in sayana Arati at Jaganath puri. so i would like to recite for Lord Jaganath's Pleasure.

so anybody here can help me to get Gita Govinda in english.

Yours servant

There's a translation by Barbara Stoler-Miller called, "The Love Song of the Dark Lord". You might want to look it up on Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble. ;)

Have you ever heard the story where a young girl was once outside of the Jaganatha temple singing Gita Govinda for Lord Krishna, and when the priests returned to do Aarti for Him, His dhoti was ripped b/c when He'd left the temple to go hear the girl's song it got snagged by something? :D

click here for english translation

this translation is by Gadadhara Pran dasa. This is a very simple english translation.

Barbara Stoller-Miller's translation is very scholarly and academic. The actual song translation is very poetic. The introduction to the book is interesting, but not in total accord with some of the modern thought of Sri Caitanya in our line.

Here is a very in depth study by Srila BV Narayana Maharaja - click here

Barbara Stoller-Miller's translation is very scholarly and academic.

Yea, her translations are often rather dry (no offense to her)... they're often the best I can get though at the local bookstores (which have pathetically small sections on Hinduism, since there's not too much interest in Eastern spirituality here in Indiana). :(

BTW, have you gotten your copy of Srimad Brahma Samhita yet? B/c mine still hasn't arrived.:confused:

Hare Krishna

All glories to Srila Prabhupad!!!

All glories to Sri Nama Prabhu!!!

Thanks for posting replies and i got the text of "Gita Govinda" from the link which you have posted

Yours servant

Read with caution please...great men have been known to fall...going where they should not go.

You will know the purity of your heart. Take care Prabhu!

Hare Krishna

Dear Bija Prabhu,

Thanks for your kind advice in this matter. i know it and i read it but my aim is to sing and not to know the meaning.

i have the audio of it but when iam hearing the audio with the verse then i can memorize and sing for Lord Jaganath. thats my plessure.

Yours servant