IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
realist

Reality Of The Human Body, An Amazing Machine, But They Stink

Rate this topic

nm_hold_nose_080213_mn.jpg

REALITY OF THE HUMAN BODY, AN AMAZING MACHINE, BUT THEY STINK

BY: SRI NANDANANDANA DASA (S. KNAPP)

The body is certainly an amazing machine. Scientists and doctors are still trying to figure out all the intricacies of how it works. However, the body is but a machine wherein nice food goes in one end and stool and urine comes out the other, thus requiring the nasty business of having to evacuate such things on a regular basis.

Now how glamorous is that? But some of these bodies are considered to be rather beautiful, from a material perspective. Nonetheless, no matter how lovely it may be, it is still nothing but a machine.

1201670573002-1664932565.jpeg

And they still stink, and I mean that literally. If you don’t take a regular shower and keep it clean, or use deodorants or perfumes, the body begins to smell bad. And sometimes even if you do all of that, parts of the body, like the feet, armpits, one’s breath, or other obnoxious and unmentionable parts of the body still smell horrible. And the longer you go without a bath, the stronger the stench. And this is an object of desire?

This is what people want for sex pleasure? And if they do, we can only question whether they have a good and thorough grip on reality. Or maybe they only see what they want to see, which is exactly what I mean: They are caught in the illusion.

However, when you look a little deeper and see what’s under the skin, all the blood, muscles, nerve systems, bones, internal organs, gastro-intestinal tract, etc., then how desirable is it to want to hold such a bag of these ingredients in your arms?

stink.jpg

Materialistic men may look at a beautiful woman and imagine the way she looks without her clothes on. But try looking at any such person a little more deeply and imagine how they would look without their skin.

Then are they so attractive? Are they still so desirable? Yet, this is the reality of the body, this is the fact of the matter. It is no different with any of us. We are all in these contraptions called material bodies. And, like it is said, such physical beauty is only skin deep.

This does not mean that you show any disdain toward people because of their bodies, but you must realize your own predicament of being inside such a contraption and be humble about it.

Now that you realize the faults of a material body, you must be humble since you are also in such a contraption, the same situation as others, and not expect respect just because of some bodily difference, whether good or bad.

<TABLE width=500><TBODY><TR><TD><CENTER>

<HR width="80%">dismember.jpg

</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ø You could see the external body hair, the skin, the nasal passages, the brain, or other internal organs, like the liver, lungs, intestines, bowels, kidneys, along with muscles, veins, heart, arteries, etc. Looking at such a thing will give you many realizations about the body.

I have seen an exhibit at a museum wherein a professor had taken a couple of bodies, both male and female, and cut them into one-inch slices and put them between two pieces of glass.

Thus, you could see various segments of the skull, legs, and torso from shoulder to groin.

You could see the external body hair, the skin, the nasal passages, the brain, or other internal organs, like the liver, lungs, intestines, bowels, kidneys, along with muscles, veins, heart, arteries, etc. Looking at such a thing will give you many realizations about the body

stink.jpg

As I stood there looking at it, wondering where is the pleasure in such a contraption, sometimes other people would come by and not realize what it was. Then when they did, they would often quickly run to some other part of the museum.

Sometimes a man would be looking at it, and then his wife would come along and say, “What’s this? Oh, God, let’s go,” and then grab their husband’s arm and drag them away. Kids would come up and look and then go,

“Oh, yuck, let’s go.” It was surprising how many people did not want to face the reality of the body, and the fact that we are situated inside one of these things.

Nowadays, there are new exhibits in science museums and other places that show bodies in active positions that are in various stages of having been skinned or dissected and then plasticized. They show the whole body in movement, and display all of the internal organs and muscles. This is fascinating to some people, but gruesome to others.

If you want to get a deeper realization of the mechanics of the body, or if you still are not convinced by the reality of what the body is, then take a look at this video of an autopsy by using this link, and see how long you can last.

Take a look at what lies under the skin. I watched for about a minute and then had to look away. It’s a little shocking, but certainly gives some clarity on what I’ve been saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRAh3Qse-Us.

23444694.jpg

It is a hard reality to face. I have a book called The Color Atlas of the Human Body. It shows every detail of the human anatomy and they use actual color photos to do it. Talk about a piece of meat. In autosies or when dissecting the body they use special forks to hold one muscle or bodily section out of the way to look at some underlying structure so what you get is this picture of a corpse with forks sticking out of it.

It is hard to face. I tried to sell it a while back and when I took it to the bookstore the guy opened it up to see the condition of the book and just said, "OMG...closed the book and handed it back to me." LOL! Such pictures really destroy the illusion for a time. But maya is strong and we forget once again the next time an attractive form comes into view.

I have often wondered how a surgeon can actually go home and kiss his wife after an operation. This is the power of maya.

Surely all true, but not so sure if this makes people to think of Krsna.

Well certainly it will help them think they are not their stinky biological body

and those around them are not their stinky body they so called love

You know, I took my young nephews to a slaughter house when they were 13 years old, we walked through watched how the 'bolt gun' killed cows while they were making agonizing sounds, watched the animals getting skinned and their guts pulled out.

Then their bodies being cut up and nicely rapped ready for the uper market shelves. When we walked out of that place, one of the twins vomited while the other was pale. All they could say was,

"That was horribly discusting"

Both have been vegertarians ever since

Do you want meto post phtos of what goes on in a slaughter House?

When we see this material world for what it really is, it scares us, makes us uncomfortable, WHY? Because we still think we are these stinking biological bags of puss, stool and rooten fishy smells

It is a hard reality to face. I have a book called The Color Atlas of the Human Body. It shows every detail of the human anatomy and they use actual color photos to do it. Talk about a piece of meat. In autosies or when dissecting the body they use special forks to hold one muscle or bodily section out of the way to look at some underlying structure so what you get is this picture of a corpse with forks sticking out of it.

It is hard to face. I tried to sell it a while back and when I took it to the bookstore the guy opened it up to see the condition of the book and just said, "OMG...closed the book and handed it back to me." LOL! Such pictures really destroy the illusion for a time. But maya is strong and we forget once again the next time an attractive form comes into view.

I have often wondered how a surgeon can actually go home and kiss his wife after an operation. This is the power of maya.

if u thought that was a taste of reality yu should check out a vid on youtube....they show a complete vid of autopsi....it was pretty cool but hard to watch...but an eye opener at the same time........but yeah its funny how strong maya is and how quicky u can forget things

I used to own an autopsy video. I got it to try some aversion therapy on myself. Problem is I could never get myself to watch it twice and now I have no idea where it is.