IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
HST108

Finding the Ishta Devata

Rate this topic

There are some who say that the Ishta and the AK cannot be the same planet (though this combination often makes a person very spiritual- as long as Sun and AK have good relationship in Rashi Chart). So in this case you take the strongest planet aspecting the jivamuktamsha (12th house from Karakamsa). In general the planets aspecting the jivamuktamsa will represent deities that will lead one to their Ishta.

There are some who say that the Ishta and the AK cannot be the same planet (though this combination often makes a person very spiritual- as long as Sun and AK have good relationship in Rashi Chart). So in this case you take the strongest planet aspecting the jivamuktamsha (12th house from Karakamsa). In general the planets aspecting the jivamuktamsa will represent deities that will lead one to their Ishta.

Deepa ji, thanks for clarifying this. In my chart the Ishta Devta and the AK appear to be the same which is Saturn. However you have said it is not possibble to take the same planet as Ishta and AK. So in my chart it is not very straight forward. I have read somewhere that you have to take the planet that is positioned in the house immediately before the house where the AK is in the Navamsha chart (not sure if you agree with this) In my case I have the Sun positioned there. So I am a bit confused as to which planet I need to take as my Ishat Devta. I would very much appreciate your further analysis on this.

My birth details are: Feb 28, 1969; 2.42pm; Colombo Sri Lanka.

Planetary positions in the Rashi and Navamsha are as follows:

Planet / Asc Rashi Chart Navamsha Chart

Ascendant à Gemini Taurus

Sun à Aquarius Aquarius

Moon à Cancer Cancer

Mercury à Capricorn Gemini

Venus à Pisces Pisces

Mars à Scorpion Virgo

Jupiter à Virgo Aries

Saturn à Pisces Pisces

Rahu à Pisces Virgo

Ketu à Virgo Pisces

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Neptune</st1:place> à Scorpion Leo

Uranus à Virgo Pisces

Pluto à Virgo Capricorn

Many thanks!:)

The Navamsa sign occupied by the atmakaraka is called the Karakamsa, while the ascendant or Lagna sign of the Navamsa is called the Lagnamsa and, both these together are called the Swamsa (Swa meaning self and amsa meaning division). If the Karakamsa and Lagnamsa become the same or have any connection between them, then it becomes the Swamsa, in which case, the objective and the abilities of the atmakaraka are attained.

In your case, Lagnamsa is Makara while Karakamsa is Meena and they connect with each other as AK Shani is Lord of Lagnamsa in D-9. Hence, Swamsa.

Lets go deeper.

The gati in that direction may be slow or obstructed due to various other factors. Regular prayer to the Ishta Devta (to be determined from the 12 house from the placement of Karakamsa) and the Lord of Bhratrikarak (also called the Gurukarak) helps attain the gati for the atma to move speedily in the desired direction.

In your case, therefore, having realised that AK is well placed and will achieve success, to enhance atmagati, you may invoke blessings of Ishta Devta and Gurukaraka) Guru Karaka in your case - lord of the sign owned by bhratrikarak (rahu) in navamsa- Virgo and therefore MERCURY.

Further...

While the Karakamsa itself will help see the desire of the atma, the Trines from the Karakamsa will show the actual desire of the atma. The Trines from the Karakamsa, therefore, become very vital signs to determine the native’s spiritualism. Any graha located in the 1st, 5th and 9th (Trines) bhavas from the Karakamsa, thus, become automatically good for the spiritualism of the person and also to provide gati for his atma (known as Atmagati).

In your case, Venus, Ketu and Moon with provide Atmagati as they are in trines from Karakamsa

Since Saturn(swamsa) and Mercury(gurukaraka) both get appeasement through worshipping Lord Vishnu, the dwadashi mantra - "Om namo bhagwate vasudevaye" will undoubtedly provide atmagati.

I have reconfirmed and studied in detail regarding Ishta Devta in your case. You are absolutely right. The planet occupying jivamuktamsa - SUN - is your Ishta Devta.

Bless me, sir.

Regards,

Deepa

Deepa ji, Thank you so much for that detailed analysis and for generously sharing your knowledge. You are a lengend! :)

You have cleared up a lot of questions. I have also taken note of the mantra to Lord Vishnu and do intend to use it.

Could you also please elaborate in few words the concept of 'atmagati'?

Many thanks.

Deepa Ji,

Suggest Ishta Devata as per her birth star.Each birth star is ruled by a planet and a Diety.That will be better choice for getting good results.

USR

Dear USR ji,

As the diety presiding over my birth star is Aditi, do you mean, I will get better results if I choose an aspect of the Divine Mother as my Ishta Devta? I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Many thanks.

HST108(Your sweet name?)

Sri Vishnu has taken 9/10 avtars for destroying evil.Sri Ram is one.Your Lagna is Mithun.Lagna lord is Budha.He is also lord of 4th Kanya in 8th house. So, pray Sri Vishnu which covers all dieties including Ravi and wear Emerald on your right little finger.

USR @ Tempe,USA

Dear HST108,

Ishta Devta...as per your personal, specific chart...is Lord Rama. The AK being in strong position in Navamsa, the mentioned mantra for Mercury (gurukaraka) is the best way for you to pursue your spirituality and goaks,

Luckily, this adeqautely covers what my hon'ble senior member Shri USR ji points out - Mercury is also your lagna lord and therefore, the same mantra applies.

All discussions regarding Atmagati may be initiated in the Spiritual Discussions forum on this site itself. I am sure many learned members will be able to provide insight on the matter.

I focus myself only towards Jyotish Vidya and therefore desisted from replying your question earlier.

Many Regards,

Deepa Bhandari

Deepa Ji,

I am at Tempe,USA.You didn't answer me.:)

When we want income on business from public ,pray a standing Sri Lakshmi Ji near the cash counter.When we want our money to be with us and safe we pray a sitting Sri Lakshmi Ji (mostly at home).If we use a standing Sri Lakshmi Ji at home for puja we are sure to loose money and property.

USR

Revered USRji,

Kindly forgive me, but I must clarify. The delay in reply must not be misunderstood. Rather its proof of the highest standards I wanted to put into my reply to you... as that is the place I hold for you.

The answer was simple as my late grandmother would always insist upon picture of a sitting laxmi mata during diwali puja..and she would also tell us why...yet, pls forgive my stupidity...I still cannot connect your question to its implication...:confused:

Regards!

Deepa

HST108(Your sweet name?)

Sri Vishnu has taken 9/10 avtars for destroying evil.Sri Ram is one.Your Lagna is Mithun.Lagna lord is Budha.He is also lord of 4th Kanya in 8th house. So, pray Sri Vishnu which covers all dieties including Ravi and wear Emerald on your right little finger.

USR @ Tempe,USA

Dear USR ji,

Thank you for clarifying which Ishta Devata I should pray to.

I was also reading the interesting dialogue you have been having with Deep ji regarding standing and sitting Lakshmi. I didn't know there was difference (I guess I still have a lot to learn about the amazing pantheon of Hindu deities :ponder:. Fascinating, indeed.). Thanks for sharing that.

HST108 (hasanthi)

Dear HST108,

Ishta Devta...as per your personal, specific chart...is Lord Rama. The AK being in strong position in Navamsa, the mentioned mantra for Mercury (gurukaraka) is the best way for you to pursue your spirituality and goaks,

Luckily, this adeqautely covers what my hon'ble senior member Shri USR ji points out - Mercury is also your lagna lord and therefore, the same mantra applies.

All discussions regarding Atmagati may be initiated in the Spiritual Discussions forum on this site itself. I am sure many learned members will be able to provide insight on the matter.

I focus myself only towards Jyotish Vidya and therefore desisted from replying your question earlier.

Many Regards,

Deepa Bhandari

Dear Deepa ji,

I have learnt much from you. Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to provide a detailed analysis of the Ishata Devta. I am very grateful for your generosity and patience.:)

Dear Chitransh ji,

Even in your case, atmakaraka moon is in tenth in navamsa, the 12th from which is surya and therefore your ishta devta is also shri ramachandra.

I dont think you are going through a good phase, are you? Pls donate masoor dal every tuesday to the needy and also worship shani devta for the saadesatti which has started.

Regards,

Deepa

Deepa ji,

Thanks again for telling me my Isht Devta. Do you think it would be conflicting if I prayed to Shri Krishna as my Isht as I have been doing so far?

And yes, I'm going through the worst phase of my life and wish I have to come across nothing worse and no one has to suffer the way I am suffering. When would the situations start looking up?

Thanking you for your clemency

Chitransh K

Hello Deepa ji,

Can you tell me who is my ishta devata is based on my horoscope?

20 March 1982

Time: 10:10 Am

Place: Bangalore

Male

Loka samastha sukhino bhavutu

Thanks

kumar

Respected Deepa ji,

I have read your explaination on swamsa and jivamuktamsa in this thread. It's very informative.

In my case, jivamuktamsa contains Mars and Ketu in kumbha rashi, rahu aspecting jivamuktamsa from simha rashi and Retrograded Jupiter aspecting jivamuktamsa from tula rashi.

My Birth details are -

DOB - 3rd May 1971

TOB - 3:05 PM

POB - Kolhapur (Maharashtra State) - 74E13, 16N42

I look forward for your divine guidance on my Ishta Devta.

Best regards,

Mandar