<!-- </hs:element290> --><!-- <hs:element293> -->

Lennon-3.jpg

<!-- </hs:element293> --><!-- <hs:element292> -->

<!-- </hs:element292> --><!-- <hs:element297> -->

GH-PB.jpg

<!-- </hs:element297> --><!-- <hs:element298> -->

GH_PB2.jpg

George___Devotees_Chanting_in_Esctacy.JPG

The photos are so awesome in many ways...thx!

These photos show why many of us who were post 80's devotees or at least late 80's devotees on first contact, fell in love with the movement.

Looking back now it was master preaching phenomenon...the direct empowerment of Srila Prabhupada's mood in his disciples. It was brilliant.

What gets me thinking and enthused occasionally is...'how can we re-activate this skill in spreading the movement in the 21st century. As Sarva Prabhu said the other day indirectly, 'the 21st century has just begun'.

And as "big kev - the famous laundry detergent salesman said 'I am excited' ":crazy2:

http://vedabase.net/sb/10/2/31/en

TRANSLATION

O Lord, who resemble the shining sun, You are always ready to fulfill the desire of Your devotee, and therefore You are known as a desire tree [vāñchā-kalpataru]. When ācāryas completely take shelter under Your lotus feet in order to cross the fierce ocean of nescience, they leave behind on earth the method by which they cross, and because You are very merciful to Your other devotees, You accept this method to help them.

PURPORT

This statement reveals how the merciful ācāryas and the merciful Supreme Personality of Godhead together help the serious devotee who wants to return home, back to Godhead. Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu, in His teachings to Rūpa Gosvāmī, said:

brahmāṇḍa bhramite kona bhāgyavān jīva

guru-kṛṣṇa-prasāde pāya bhakti-latā-bīja

(Cc. Madhya 19.151)

One can achieve the seed of bhakti-latā, devotional service, by the mercy of guru and Kṛṣṇa. The duty of the guru is to find the means, according to the time, the circumstances and the candidate, by which one can be induced to render devotional service, which Kṛṣṇa accepts from a candidate who wants to be successful in going back home, back to Godhead. After wandering throughout the universe, a fortunate person within this material world seeks shelter of such a guru, or ācārya, who trains the devotee in the suitable ways to render service according to the circumstances so that the Supreme Personality of Godhead will accept the service. This makes it easier for the candidate to reach the ultimate destination. The ācārya's duty, therefore, is to find the means by which devotees may render service according to references from śāstra. Rūpa Gosvāmī, for example, in order to help subsequent devotees, published such devotional books as Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu. Thus it is the duty of the ācārya to publish books that will help future candidates take up the method of service and become eligible to return home, back to Godhead, by the mercy of the Lord. In our Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement, this same path is being prescribed and followed. Thus the devotees have been advised to refrain from four sinful activities — illicit sex, intoxication, meat-eating and gambling — and to chant sixteen rounds a day. These are bona fide instructions. Because in the Western countries constant chanting is not possible, one should not artificially imitate Haridāsa Ṭhākura, but should follow this method. Kṛṣṇaācārya gives the suitable method for crossing the ocean of nescience by accepting the boat of the Lord's lotus feet, and if this method is strictly followed, the followers will ultimately reach the destination, by the grace of the Lord. This method is called ācārya-sampradāya. It is therefore said, sampradāya-vihīnā ye mantrās te niṣphalā matāḥ (PadmaPurāṇa). The ācārya-sampradāya is strictly bona fide. Therefore one must accept the ācārya-sampradāya; otherwise one's endeavor will be futile. Śrīla Narottama dāsa Ṭhākura therefore sings: will accept a devotee who strictly follows the regulative principles and the method prescribed in the various books and literatures published by the authorities. The

tāńdera caraṇa sevi bhakta sane vāsa

janame janame haya, ei abhilāṣa

One must worship the lotus feet of the ācārya and live within the society of devotees. Then one's endeavor to cross over nescience will surely be successful.

Radha-Krishna-Temple-Hare-Krishna-Mant-414302.jpg

1967 'I Am The Walrus'

John Lennon explains this song

JOHN 1980: "The first line 'I am he as you are he as we are all together' was written on one acid trip one weekend.

The second line was written on the next acid trip the next weekend, and it was filled in after I met Yoko.

Part of it was putting down Hare Krishna at the time before I got into it. All these people were going on about Hare Krishna, Allen Ginsberg in particular.

The reference to 'Element'ry penguin' is the elementary, naive attitude of going around chanting, 'Hare Krishna,' or putting all your faith in any one idol. I was writing obscurely, a la Dylan, in those days, it was only later on I began chanting Hare Krishna with George. It's from 'The Walrus and the Carpenter.' 'Alice in Wonderland.' To me, it was a beautiful poem.

It never dawned on me that Lewis Carroll was commenting on the capitalist and social system. I never went into that bit about what he really meant, like people are doing with the Beatles' work.

Later, I went back and looked at it and realized that the walrus was the bad guy in the story and the carpenter was the good guy. I thought, Oh, shit, I picked the wrong guy. I should have said, 'I am the carpenter.'

But that wouldn't have been the same, would it? (singing) 'I am the carpenter...'"

"Within a year George started chanting Hare Krishna he learnt from an Album given to him by Allen Ginsberg just after it was recorded, eventually I liked it too. We used to sale around the Caribbean chanting different tunes of Hare Krishna for hours”

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4&feature=related

george2.jpg

Recording 'Give peace a chance

Lennon called everyone into the bedroom: the Hare Krishnas, the giggling teenagers, journalists, film-makers, celebrities and visiting friends. The room was jammed. He explained he?d just written a song about what had taken place in that room over the past five days, and pointed to a poster o­n the wall o­n which he?d outlined the lyrics.

Tom Smothers took up a guitar and sat o­n the bed to John?s right, next to a mike stand; Dr. Leary and his wife sat at the foot of the bed. Several other guitar players surrounded them, everyone was invited to join in o­n the chorus, and John gave the downbeat for a first run-through, which left everyone weak with laughter at their lack of musicianship.

Well then, that wasn?t too great,? John said grinning, and suggested that perhaps all it needed was a back-beat, so the drums of the Hare Krishna group were brought in for rhythm, backed up by several people pounding o­n the top of the mahogany dining table.

John led with the lyrics, each stanza beginning: ?Ev?rybody?s talkin? about ...? followed by the names of people who had visited the suite and things that had gone o­n there and in the outside world in the past eight days. The entire company joined in o­n the chorus: ?ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE ...?

Online Audio

(Lectures, Conversations, Interviews, etc.)

http://www.prabhupadavani.org/

1423689225_l.jpg

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

We are not these temporary material bodies.

We are eternal spirit souls, part and parcel of the Supreme Spirit Soul.

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare. / Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

http://causelessmercy.com/

<!-- / sig --><!-- edit note -->