IndiaDivine.org
Triniboy108

Kal Bhairo according to Swami Ram

Rate this topic

I stumbled upon this website that is bashing Kal Bhairo, I mean it goes so far to say that this is the Devil. This so called "Swami Ram" has 5 articles that all bash Kal Bhairo and repeatedly calls him the Devil, which absolutely gets me upset. I don't think this Swami Ram knows what he's talking about, and he is just a golddigger, using innocent people to make money.

here is the link to the first article labeled Evil Spirits:

http://www.swamiram.com/articles/kalb.php

For example this is what it says in first article:

Generally, a person who worships Kal Bairo will have the following symptoms:

• Their body will darken in color
  • Their eyes will have dark rings around them
  • Their eyes may become red or pink
  • Their body will vibrate during prayers
  • They will experience pain in the joints
  • Women will experience problems with their uterus
  • The person will experience back pains, neck pains and headaches
  • The person will have a lot of blockages in life - no job, broken marriage
  • Women may experience sexual contact with evil spirits
  • If religious mantras are being recited, the person may get up and dance
  • The person may become addicted to tobacco and alcohol
  • The person is always dressed in black clothes and is attracted to the color black

HOW DOES KAL BAIRO COME INTO YOUR LIFE?

• From debts owed by parents or grandparents
  • By eating food from a Kal Bairo sacrifice
  • By eating prasad at a Kal Bairo or Kateri Puja
  • By eating food from a death ritual
  • By eating food from someone who is possessed by Kal Bairo
  • By having sexual contact with a person possessed by Kal Bairo
  • By eating red meat such as duck, beef or goat
  • By sleeping in a North-South position
  • By performing a Durga puja and offering the 10<sup>th</sup> prasad plate to Kal Bairo

i mean come on....how far away from the truth can this man get?!

Oh please :rolleyes: Even if Lord Shiva's incarnation as Khal Bhairo were a devil (which, of course, isn't the case), I hardly think He'd be able to 'possess' ppl just by the direction they sleep in. :rolleyes:

haha..exactly what i'm saying! :P I just think this Swami Ram Charran is a money making scam!

• If religious mantras are being recited, the person may get up and dance

What's even wrong with that? Many Hindu saints have been so ecstatic during the singing or bhajans or repetition of mantras that their hair stands on end and they go into a cold sweat before dancing and singing for the Lord! This 'swami' is a real fool who knows nothing of devotion or the Rasa involved.

What's even wrong with that? Many Hindu saints have been so ecstatic during the singing or bhajans or repetition of mantras that their hair stands on end and they go into a cold sweat before dancing and singing for the Lord! This 'swami' is a real fool who knows nothing of devotion or the Rasa involved.
Once again i agree!! A great example is Mirabai, who was always seen dancing and singing the praises of Shyam!

Something that i find very dumb about this "Swami" is this info he gives us in one of his articles about the "evil" Kal Bhairo:

"If we take off the letter ‘a’ from the end of ‘Kala’ we get ‘Kal’. And if we replace the ‘ava’ from ‘Bairava’ with the letter ‘o’, we get ‘Bairo’. Quite an ingenuous plan on the part of the swindlers who want to make money from innocent people," I surmised.

He's basically saying that the local pujaries replaced parts of Kala Bhairava's name to form a name similar to his but having no relation to him. This is absolute stupidity. For any learned person would know that this is just a different pronunciation of Kala Bhairava. I see this a lot in the Bhojpuri language for common names of the Gods...such as the word devata is said as deota....just like the name Mahadeva is pronounced Mahadeo...just like Shiva is pronounced as Siew...you can see that it is the same name just a different pronunciation....it would fit clearly if we see that Kala can be shortened to Kaal or Kal(seeing how in Hindi the last 'a' would be silent) and the Bhairava would be shortened to Bhairo which is another pronunciation for it. So Kal Bhairo is the same as Kala Bhairava! Swami Ram Charran does not know what he's talking about!!!!:mad2:

and verily, Kal Bhairo is Shiva:

Shiva created a blazing Bhairava in human form, addressing this Kalabhairava as "Lord of Time-Death" (kala) for he shone like the god of Death: "You are called Bhairava because you are of terrifying features and are capable of supporting the universe. You are called Kala-Bhairava, for even Time-Death is terrified of you." He ordered him to chastise Brahma, promising him in return eternal suzerainty over his city of Kashi (Varanasi), the cremation-ground of the Hindu universe, where final emancipation is assured. In a trice, Bhairava ripped off Brahma's guilty head with the nail of his left thumb. Seeing this, the terrified Vishnu eulogized Shiva and devotedly recited his sacred hymns, followed in this by the repentant Brahma. Thereby they gained his protection by realizing and acknowledging the supreme reality of Shiva. The severed head immediately stuck to Bhairava's hand, where it remained in the form of the skull, destined to serve as his insatiable begging-bowl.

Something that i find very dumb about this "Swami" is this info he gives us in one of his articles about the "evil" Kal Bhairo:

"If we take off the letter ‘a’ from the end of ‘Kala’ we get ‘Kal’. And if we replace the ‘ava’ from ‘Bairava’ with the letter ‘o’, we get ‘Bairo’. Quite an ingenuous plan on the part of the swindlers who want to make money from innocent people," I surmised.

He's basically saying that the local pujaries replaced parts of Kala Bhairava's name to form a name similar to his but having no relation to him. This is absolute stupidity. For any learned person would know that this is just a different pronunciation of Kala Bhairava. I see this a lot in the Bhojpuri language for common names of the Gods...such as the word devata is said as deota....just like the name Mahadeva is pronounced Mahadeo...just like Shiva is pronounced as Siew...you can see that it is the same name just a different pronunciation....it would fit clearly if we see that Kala can be shortened to Kaal or Kal(seeing how in Hindi the last 'a' would be silent) and the Bhairava would be shortened to Bhairo which is another pronunciation for it. So Kal Bhairo is the same as Kala Bhairava! Swami Ram Charran does not know what he's talking about!!!!:mad2:

Khal Bhairo is Kala Bhairava... He is Lord Shiva! This 'swami' is just a swindler and nothing else! Besides that, Khal Bhairo is just the way Kala Bhairava is pronounced in Trinidad. It's not like it takes on a different meaning when pronounced "Kala Bhairava" vs. "Khal Bhairo"... he's a real fool. :mad:

Khal Bhairo is Kala Bhairava... He is Lord Shiva! This 'swami' is just a swindler and nothing else! Besides that, Khal Bhairo is just the way Kala Bhairava is pronounced in Trinidad. It's not like it takes on a different meaning when pronounced "Kala Bhairava" vs. "Khal Bhairo"... he's a real fool. :mad:

yes exactly what i'm saying! :mad2:

Some people really need to get their 'swami license' taken away from them if you ask me! :P

were this swami from he is no swami he is a wannabe kaal bhairo is my father and i will defend him at all cost i go like to meet this swami and hav a talk:mad: :mad::mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

everything this man hav on he website is only money money money who the hell go spend 5000 u s to spend time wit that loser when it hav real swami's who in the temples and u can stay wit them for free:mad2:

hey whats up if i can add my input: sometimes a person in our daily walk of life may have a negative effect due to a certain devta this may because probably due to family lineage and no matter of how the prayers some sort of shanti poojas may not be succesfull due to karma and so we get sour to that particular devta. Swami g probably may have had that problem so concieved this plan to bad mouth Khal Bhairav. when one reads that article you can see the passion of hate eminating in the words but i believe we are stronger in devotion and common sense to see through his words. Or probably Swami g has seen the interest in his devotees to Khal Bhairav and so has to wash his mouth on god but life is a circle so it will come back around.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i understand that but still if he is a swami he should know that and still somethings that he is saying is lik he never read the scriputures.

know if he dont want to worship kal bhairo is no problem you know but u shouldnt critize kal bhairo u should remain nuetral because u are someone learned and should know better

I read the comments made by Swami Ram a number of years ago. It was in many ways a faith killer at first, but as exprience has shown his words were not true, at least to me. I think that Pujari 5-O's assessment is the most correct.

The article he wrote is further wrought with errors. Kal Bhairo is not from Africa (like I needed to point this out) and seems to have Santeria confused as it is a way of faith, not a person or being. Although there are many similarities with Kali Church, there are also many things that are different (given its combination of African and Spanish cultures). Go to orishanet.org (type in www first, I cant post url yet) Alot of the basics (ie trance, offerings ect) seem to be very similair.

In an interesting aside, I read somewhere someone else's comment on this matter a few years ago (I cannot remember where). This person indicated that a spirit may have "assumed" the identity of Kal Bhairo and caused those problems he spoke about. I have heard this from Tibetan Buddhists as well given their long history in dealing with spirits bent on causing mayhem.

I read the comments made by Swami Ram a number of years ago. It was in many ways a faith killer at first, but as exprience has shown his words were not true, at least to me. I think that Pujari 5-O's assessment is the most correct.
How does one even get away with making ludicrous comments like this? Kal Bhairava is mentioned in the Shiva Purana, and I think even the Bhagavad Purana (Srimad Bhagavatam), so how can this swami say he is a voodoo demon of African origin? Don't let this so-called "swami" kill your faith, he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

a man were i working tell me one time dat kal bhairo is a minor diety u could believe he i had to pull out the shiva purana and show him.

anytime he ask me y the shakti ppl does look dirty will i nearly dead wen he say that.

so i tell him all them sage who does be in the forest and covered in ash how them does look and they know a hundred times more than we do.

u a see these ppl crazy