IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
deepa.bhandari

Foreign Travel Indicators

Rate this topic

Dear Astros,

I found the following indicators that point towards foreign travel/immigration in a horoscope. Kindly comment/ add to my knowledge base. How do you assess whether to look at foregn travel or immigration? Also, what indicates unsuccessful journeys?

1. Lagna/Lagna lord in a moveable sign/dual signs: if the lagna and lagna lord both are in moveable signs or dual signs then it would indicate foreign travel. Lagna indicates self so when the sign which indicates self and the lord of that sign are in moveable or dual signs which indicates movement it can mean foreign travel for the person.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P style="FONT-FAMILY: arial"></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>

2. 7th house is the house of foreign country and so is 12th house. 9th house indicates foreign travel. So if the lagna or lagna lord makes a connection with the 7th house/7th lord, 9th house, 9th lord or 12th house/12th lord it can mean foreign travel. The connections can be conjunction, aspect, mutual exchange, or one lord placed in another's house. <O:P></O:P>

3. Lagna/lagna lord makes connection with Rahu. Rahu again indicates foreign country so it's being placed in lagna or lagna lord in conjunction, mutual aspect with Rahu can mean foreign travel. <O:P></O:P>

4. 4th house signifies home so 4th house/lord in connection (conjunction/mutual aspect/mutual exchange/aspect) with 7th/7th lord, 9th/9th lord or 12th/12th lord can mean foreign travel. <O:P></O:P>

5. 4th house is the significator of home so natural malefics (Sun. Mars, Rahu, Ketu, Saturn) in the 4th house will take a person away from home. Malefic in the 4th house indicates unhappiness from home so it will take him away from home to give him unhappiness as a result of staying away from home.<O:P></O:P>

6. Same rule applies to the 2nd house of family. i.e malefics (Saturn, Mars, Rahu, Ketu, Sun) in the 2nd house will result in the person leaving his family. Malefic in the 2nd house has to make the person unhappy in regard to family matters so it will take him away from family to suffer detachment from family. <O:P></O:P>

The last 2 points will give foreign travel if some of the other points indicating foreign travel are there. Otherwise the person will stay at home suffer due to the effects of the malefic. <O:P></O:P>

If 2 of the first 4 points are fulfilled there are strong chances of foreign travel otherwise there is a weak chance. <O:P></O:P>

The dasha of 7th, 9th or 12th lord, or of planets connected (mutual aspect, conjunction, mutual exchange, aspect) with 7th house/lord, 9th house/lord, 12th house/lord indicates foreign travel. Dasha of Rahu also indicates foreign travel as rahu is a significator of foreign country. Dasha of Jupiter can also indicate foreign travel as Jupiter is the 9th and 12th sign (9th and 12th houses are foreign travel) of the Kaalpurush zodiac (natural zodiac).

This is a very comprehensive list and I am sure these aphorisms must be useful in analysis of a chart from the point of view of predicting journey abroad. I have noticed, based on my study of Parashar Hora Shastra that Rahu, being the karaka for such journeys, the IX house from the ascendant and the IX house from natal karaka Rahu together govern foreign travel. A major-period planet related to these three elements would cause a journey abroad.

Hi Nikhil - no nothing is 100%, i have seen 2 charts on this forum itself where rahu in 12th means imprisonment. I would like to discuss gomedh and cat's eye concept with you. I have not been clear about them. Can u enlighten pls?

Deepa

Pranam Deepaji,

Very good and easy to understand post. Well done. I have checked my horoscope and the first 4 points apply immediately. I am still a learner though. I have been abroad and right now back in India going through unemloyment due to illness since the beginning of Rahu mahadasha in April 2006.

I am running Rahu mahadasha since April 2006 and currently Rahu antardasha as well and Mars pratyanatardasha to be precise. Last time I went abroad it was Mars-Saturn-Saturn in terms of mahadasha, antardasha and pratyantardasha. I again want to go abroad for job. Is it possible? If yes then when? Which dasha period? Will there be a permanent settlement abroad?

I am extremely depressed and negative at the moment, when will all this stop? Please any one guide me. Thanks and regards. My details are:

Birth date=21st September, 1977

Time =20:40 pm

Place = Bhuj city (Gujarat state, India)

Ascendant : Aries (Mesh rashi)

Jupiter + Mars in the 3rd house (Mithun rashi)

Mercury + Saturn + Venus in the 5th house (Sinh rashi)

Sun + Rahu in the 6th house (Kanya rashi)

Moon in the 9th house (Dhan rashi)

Ketu in the 12th house (Min rashi)

Regards,

Ravi

Dear Astros,

I found the following indicators that point towards foreign travel/immigration in a horoscope. Kindly comment/ add to my knowledge base. How do you assess whether to look at foregn travel or immigration? Also, what indicates unsuccessful journeys?

1. Lagna/Lagna lord in a moveable sign/dual signs: if the lagna and lagna lord both are in moveable signs or dual signs then it would indicate foreign travel. Lagna indicates self so when the sign which indicates self and the lord of that sign are in moveable or dual signs which indicates movement it can mean foreign travel for the person.<O:P style="FONT-FAMILY: arial"></O:P>

2. 7th house is the house of foreign country and so is 12th house. 9th house indicates foreign travel. So if the lagna or lagna lord makes a connection with the 7th house/7th lord, 9th house, 9th lord or 12th house/12th lord it can mean foreign travel. The connections can be conjunction, aspect, mutual exchange, or one lord placed in another's house. <O:P></O:P>

3. Lagna/lagna lord makes connection with Rahu. Rahu again indicates foreign country so it's being placed in lagna or lagna lord in conjunction, mutual aspect with Rahu can mean foreign travel. <O:P></O:P>

4. 4th house signifies home so 4th house/lord in connection (conjunction/mutual aspect/mutual exchange/aspect) with 7th/7th lord, 9th/9th lord or 12th/12th lord can mean foreign travel. <O:P></O:P>

5. 4th house is the significator of home so natural malefics (Sun. Mars, Rahu, Ketu, Saturn) in the 4th house will take a person away from home. Malefic in the 4th house indicates unhappiness from home so it will take him away from home to give him unhappiness as a result of staying away from home.<O:P></O:P>

6. Same rule applies to the 2nd house of family. i.e malefics (Saturn, Mars, Rahu, Ketu, Sun) in the 2nd house will result in the person leaving his family. Malefic in the 2nd house has to make the person unhappy in regard to family matters so it will take him away from family to suffer detachment from family. <O:P></O:P>

The last 2 points will give foreign travel if some of the other points indicating foreign travel are there. Otherwise the person will stay at home suffer due to the effects of the malefic. <O:P></O:P>

If 2 of the first 4 points are fulfilled there are strong chances of foreign travel otherwise there is a weak chance. <O:P></O:P>

The dasha of 7th, 9th or 12th lord, or of planets connected (mutual aspect, conjunction, mutual exchange, aspect) with 7th house/lord, 9th house/lord, 12th house/lord indicates foreign travel. Dasha of Rahu also indicates foreign travel as rahu is a significator of foreign country. Dasha of Jupiter can also indicate foreign travel as Jupiter is the 9th and 12th sign (9th and 12th houses are foreign travel) of the Kaalpurush zodiac (natural zodiac).

This is great! I have seen many examples of what you have summarized here. It is good to see all the points here in one post.

Thanks, Deepa Ji.

-WebYogi-

Deepa ji,

Interesting to note this post... I have been away from home since Rahu dasha started and right now in a foreign country.. Rahu is in my Cancer Lagna and my 4 th lord is in 12th house along with 12th lord.

Thanks for this post!!

Regards

Nisha

Dear Deepa Ji,

The light of your knowledge is shining very brightly indeed , absolutely no doubts here. very useful and informative post. Thanking you on behalf of seekers.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Dear Astros,

1. Lagna/Lagna lord in a moveable sign/dual signs: if the lagna and lagna lord both are in moveable signs or dual signs then it would indicate foreign travel. Lagna indicates self so when the sign which indicates self and the lord of that sign are in moveable or dual signs which indicates movement it can mean foreign travel for the person.<O:P style="FONT-FAMILY: arial"></O:P>

Hello deepa ji and everyone,

Thank and its very well explained deepa ji..One thing i would like to ask.. When to time that native is gonna come back home or gona leave the foreign land.

Generally it is said that end of that dasa in which he has gone like dasa of 3rd lord or 12th lord will end native shud come back home but this generally never happens.

So can everyone of you put when we suppose to come back from foreign land....

Regards,

Raman