IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
The Sage Nabooru

Moving into Hinduism from Christianity

Rate this topic

I posted as a guest a long time ago, I've been stumbling around different religious traditions, trying to find the right one. I was brought up Lutheran, but trying to reconcile myself with that again is impossible. I went through a highly religious phase with Lutheranism, even going so far as to think that even other Christians who weren't Lutheran (and the right type of Lutheran at that) went to hell forever. But I couldn't justify that for very long.

Now I am back here because I have settled on Hinduism. It seems to me to be the most tolerant, open-minded, and all-encomIpassing religion to me. It fits me, and I think it would fit most people if they knew what it was about.

Right now I am going through a very difficult time in my life, in which I am going through some difficult college courses (mostly difficult because of my parents' reluctance to educate me) and trying to enter a career that can be hard to get into - anthropology/archaeology. Sometimes I get so nervous about this, I sit down and start shaking terribly, my mind sore just from the worrying. The best remedy I find for this is to sit down, make an offering, and pray and meditate for a while. It calms me down immensely.

I'm not sure exactly what point I'm trying to make with this post, except perhaps to introduce myself and further describe my story. I hope to be around this forum for a long time from now on.

Namaste Nabooru,

I myself was on a spiritual quest since I was 15. I'm now 24, but I have been Hindu for around 3-4 years now. I know I am definitley home.

If there is a Hindu temple nearby, make an appointment with the priest or someone there and talk about things. I would also recommend a book called "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Hinduism" if you don't already have it. I was confused about a lot of things before I read that book.

There is no ritual required to enter Hinduism. Some say you have to change your name, some say this, some say that. But in reality there are no such requirements. Others may disagree with me, but this has been my experience.

Just keep gaining knowledge of Sanatana Dharma and if it is for you, then it is for you.

I wish you the best of luck, may God guide you.

Regards,

ganesh_guy