IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why should I bother wearing Tulasi beads around my neck???

Rate this topic

The messegers of Yama will flee

neckbeads-2.jpg In Garud Purana it is stated: Those people of evil argumentative mentality who ask why wear Tulsi beads, what results are attained by wearing them ? Who don't wear them around their neck, burn in the fire of anger of Sri Hari and will never be liberated. Sri Krishna will grant the fruit of being a resident of Dvarka immediately to those who wear Tulsi beads with devotion.

Sins of person who wears neck beads made of Tulsi with devotion after offering them to Sri Vishnu will be removed and Devakinandan, Sri Krishna will always remain pleased with them, he does not need to undergo further atonement, sins will no longer remain in his body.

In Kaliyuga, one, who is bedecked with the beads made of Tulsi, performs ritualistic activities and activities pertaining to ancestors and demigods will obtain a far greater result.

The messengers of Yama will flee away by the sight of the Tulsi beads just as leaves are blown off by wind.

In Skanda-puran it is stated : Those who wear neck beads made of Tulsi after offering them to Sri Hari are definitely foremost among the devotees of Lord.

Those fools who wear Tulsi beads without offering them to Hari will definitely go to hell.

After presenting the mala, it should be purified with panca-gavya ; after that the mula -mantra should be recited followed by the recitation of the gayatri mantra eight times. Touching them with incense, worship with this Sadyojata-mantra with utmost devotion: Om sadyojatah prapadyami sadyojataya vai namo namah Bhave tave nadi bhave bhajeswamam bhavod-bhavaya namah After that, this prayer should be made, "Oh! Mala ! You are made of Tulsi and are dear to Vaisnavas . I wear you around my neck; you make me dear to Sri Krishna. 'Ma' means 'me', 'La' means 'to give'. Oh Hari-Vallabhe ! You have given me to the Vaisnava devotees, hence you are known as mala .

Those Vaisnavas who pray in this manner and first offer the mala to Sri Krishna should then put them around ones neck and will attain the Lotus feet of Sri Vishnu."

It is stated in Padma Purana : either during morning ablutions, bathing, eating or at any state which is clean or unclean, Tulsi must be worn; this means mala should not be removed under any circumstance.

Shastras say: Tulsi mala should always be worn as yajna-sutra or like the sacred thread. Those who remove Tulsi mala even for a moment are considered to be Vishnu-drohi .

In Garud Purana it is stated: Those people of evil argumentative mentality who ask why wear Tulsi beads, what results are attained by wearing them ? Who don't wear them around their neck, burn in the fire of anger of Sri Hari and will never be liberated.

Who really believes this statement and why?

Theist, it is a bit like statements in the Puranas which state that anybody who dies in Varanasi will attain moksha. We had a big discussion on this in our local group and virtually no one would accept it even though verses were cited from the Puranas. Someone said it sounded like Christianity.

Who really believes this statement and why?

I DO! That makes me your siksha guru.

My 1st lesson for you is: there are many slow learning students, so don't worry, don't fear, don't hesitate --there are many more grades ahead in your path to being educated.

Also, VOTE Mc Cain in November.

Salam alekum --I mean that from the bottom of my oceanic topo map,

Bhaktajan

Theist, it is a bit like statements in the Puranas which state that anybody who dies in Varanasi will attain moksha. We had a big discussion on this in our local group and virtually no one would accept it even though verses were cited from the Puranas. Someone said it sounded like Christianity.

Exactly how I see it. That is a good example. I believe such statements are simply overstated to make a certain point. Another example is the pouring of hot lead down the throat of a sudra who reads the vedas in the Manu Samhita. Taken figuratively it makes a strong point. Taken literally it is utterly demonic.

I DO! That makes me your siksha guru.

My 1st lesson for you is: there are many slow learning students, so don't worry, don't fear, don't hesitate --there are many more grades ahead in your path to being educated.

Also, VOTE Mc Cain in November.

Salam alekum --I mean that from the bottom of my oceanic topo map,

Bhaktajan

Yes, I have told many times: wear Tulasi [Kunti mala], chant at least 16 rounds of Mahamantra, trying to give up the 10 offenses, serve guru and Vaisnavas and last but not least VOTE Mc Cain in November.:crazy2:

Yes, I have told many times: wear Tulasi [Kunti mala], chant at least 16 rounds of Mahamantra, trying to give up the 10 offenses, serve guru and Vaisnavas and last but not least VOTE Mc Cain in November.

Tra-la-la-boom-bah-yeh!

Tra-la-la-boom-bah-yeh!

When bhai-ji comes marching home again Hare Hare!

When bhai-ji comes marching home again Hare Hare!

When bhai-ji comes marching home . . .

That has been the lament and repose since 1965 --at least.

Dog-tags for everyone! Amen.

Yes, I have told many times: wear Tulasi [Kunti mala], chant at least 16 rounds of Mahamantra, trying to give up the 10 offenses, serve guru and Vaisnavas and last but not least VOTE Mc Cain in November.:crazy2:

Kunti mala - check

Serve Guru and Vaisnavas - check

VOTE McCain in November - check

:eek2::eek2::eek2:

BG 2.32:

O Pärtha, happy are the kñatriyas to whom such fighting opportunities come unsought, opening for them the doors of the heavenly planets.

PURPORT

As supreme teacher of the world, Lord Kåñëa condemns the attitude of Arjuna, who said, “I do not find any good in this fighting. It will cause perpetual habitation in hell.”

Such statements by Arjuna were due to ignorance only. He wanted to become nonviolent in the discharge of his specific duty.

For a kñatriya to be on the battlefield and to become nonviolent is the philosophy of fools. In the Paräçara-småti, or religious codes made by Paräçara, the great sage and father of Vyäsadeva, it is stated:

kñatriyo hi prajä rakñan

çastra-päëiù pradaëòayan

nirjitya para-sainyädi

kñitià dharmeëa pälayet

The kñatriya’s duty is to protect the citizens from all kinds of difficulties, and for that reason he has to apply violence in suitable cases for law and order. Therefore he has to conquer the soldiers of inimical kings, and thus, with religious principles, he should rule over the world.”

Considering all aspects, Arjuna had no reason to refrain from fighting.

If he should conquer his enemies, he would enjoy the kingdom; and if he should die in the battle, he would be elevated to the heavenly planets, whose doors were wide open to him.

Fighting would be for his benefit in either case.

...........................................................................................

We have had so many men in the past live the american dream, attending all the events & pastimes known as "Americana", living the Norman Rockwell ideal--wearing out old school houses and farm silos and main street tarmacs and hand me downs. Passing High school halls with faded sports memorabilia.

So many were born en mass in the same time and era embuing the same values and memories --destined to run toward enemy fire. Why? Because that is why they arrived in the first place.

Who were those fearless compatriots? Your relatives? By six-degrees of seperation they are to counted among our collective shiksha-gurus.

Soldiers never die they just go on sabbatical. Until the next season of play comes back around.

The Bhagavad-gita is the most spiritually informative Chaplins' manual there is--let us be attentive to our obligations . . .

PS: it's "kantha-mala"

post-9826-138274055749_thumb.jpg

Why should I bother to wear a hanging noose around my neck?

-

Just as there is no such thing as a sun without heat or light, I do not accept a Bill who is without Hillary! And likewise I don't accept a Hillary without her Bill!

-

Just as there is no such thing as a sun without heat or light, I do not accept a Bill who is without Hillary! And likewise I don't accept a Hillary without her Bill!

How true... why should we except Satan without her housewife? :D

Or else I coming for you and oooh i'm gonna give some case of nooggies, Ya hear me? Nooggies! With a capital 'N', mon ami.

[Yeah, dashes are better than dots.]

It's 5 1/2 decades since this body took birth, and my neckbeads are where they should be. :)

OK. My calculations may be skewed. [but then, you have slept up to 18 1/3 years, no?]

So, what year did you first don kantha-mala?

So, what year did you first don kantha-mala?

Must have been 1970 or 1971. I received them from a devotee in the first LA Temple (the one on La Cienega) while I was in high school. My first japa mala also at that time.

Must have been 1970 or 1971. I received them from a devotee in the first LA Temple (the one on La Cienega) while I was in high school. My first japa mala also at that time.

Isn't that special!

You should write a personal POV essay on 'Americana & Knowing about enlightenment before the war ended only to have the worse war return in your later years'.

Do you still wear the tulsi neck beads? Do you still have the japa beads?

" Die islamische Eroberung von Indien ist vermutlich die blutigste Geschichte in der Geschichte. Es ist eine entmutigende Geschichte, für seine offensichtliche Moral ist, dass Zivilisation ein kostbares gutes ist, dessen empfindlicher komplizierter Auftrag und Freiheit von den Barbaren jederzeit besiegt werden kann, die von außen eindringen und von within." multiplizieren; --- Werden Sie Durant, die Geschichte der Zivilisation