IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Triniboy108

Shakti Worship vs Regular(Sanatanist)Worship

Rate this topic

I've come across the conclusion (yes i'm late) that possession is what sets the Shakti worship apart from the regular mainstream Hindu worship. Why do you think that this is how the Divine Mother chose to set apart her worship from the norm? What are some major differences between Shakti worship and regular sanatanist worship?

Shakti means energy...Energy is everywhere and energy has the ability to go into humans and object. People say maa is soo powerful how can she enter a person? If you take moving energy for example, my fingers typing requires the same energy as your fingers typing...they are both the same energy yet only a part of the universe's moving energy all together...so maa entering people is only a very very very very small percent of her energy. Also maa gave the boon to the gods and devotees that when ever there will be evil in this world, when ever my devotees call me i will be there. If not in my form i will use people to do my work. Kaliyugs evil is man so she is using man to do her work.

Jai Mataji

"Possession is normally thought of as part of the 'little tradition' and confined to low caste and poor people in rural areas. Goddess possession, however, takes place in urban as well as rural areas, by low and high castes and amongst the educated as well as the uneducated. It also can occur amongst men as well as women, though the later is the most common. Possession is a way that the Goddess makes herself manifest in the world and becomes available to her devotees. It allows verbal communication between the devotee and the Goddess and also allows the human vehicle participation in her power."

http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/tt_emergdevi.html

tt_emergdevi.html

"Possession is normally thought of as part of the 'little tradition' and confined to low caste and poor people in rural areas. Goddess possession, however, takes place in urban as well as rural areas, by low and high castes and amongst the educated as well as the uneducated. It also can occur amongst men as well as women, though the later is the most common. Possession is a way that the Goddess makes herself manifest in the world and becomes available to her devotees. It allows verbal communication between the devotee and the Goddess and also allows the human vehicle participation in her power."

http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/tt_emergdevi.html

tt_emergdevi.html

first up all caste can get god to manifest in them

why do ppl keep thinking that the caste system was created because one set of ppl is better than the rest wrong wrong wronggggggg.

think bout it i am a gosine but yet i hav godbothers that are of other caste but ent god did say that your godbrother :mad: is equal to your blood brother think bout that and a next thing why if i am better than u as stupid ppl does say then why do we all pray to the same lord shiva or durga or hanuman etc why dont i pray to a different "better god' come na man ppl the caste system was not meant for that ppl made it that way which is wrong:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

why do ppl keep thinking that the caste system was created because one set of ppl is better than the rest wrong wrong wronggggggg.

think bout it i am a gosine but yet i hav godbothers that are of other caste but ent god did say that your godbrother :mad: is equal to your blood brother think bout that and a next thing why if i am better than u as stupid ppl does say then why do we all pray to the same lord shiva or durga or hanuman etc why dont i pray to a different "better god' come na man ppl the caste system was not meant for that ppl made it that way which is wrong:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

sorry you got all upset..i didn't come up with that paragraph, i was quoting it from another website to see what people felt, and obviously the caste issue is something that gets people going :ponder:, and even so, the author of that essay is not saying anything bad about low caste people, he just uses that as an example of what is thought to be the common place to find possessions, but right after he says the first sentence he tells us that this is not correct because possession can be found within all castes and people who are poor or rich.

but i don't mean to sound like i'm disagreeing, because I truly agree with you bhairo!

the caste system is very wicked and i believe it's not humane, and it doesn't matter what caste you're from that defines you to certain gods and goddesses, everyone can worship the Divine, no matter where they're from!

Dear all,

could someone provide me the mantra for lord muneswaran , or other grama devethai and the info on them in the previous post a great help where in malaysia such worship is done in many areas without knowing the origin or proper methods in worship them and many end up sacrificing animals for this worship.

your input is very much apprecited.

TQ

but i don't mean to sound like i'm disagreeing, because I truly agree with you bhairo!

the caste system is very wicked and i believe it's not humane, and it doesn't matter what caste you're from that defines you to certain gods and goddesses, everyone can worship the Divine, no matter where they're from!

doh get me wrong i not upset with u,is jus ppl does abuse things and take it out of hand lik the caste system.:)

i not saying u i jus making a general statement its kool

Dear all,

could someone provide me the mantra for lord muneswaran , or other grama devethai and the info on them in the previous post a great help where in malaysia such worship is done in many areas without knowing the origin or proper methods in worship them and many end up sacrificing animals for this worship.

your input is very much apprecited.

TQ

check on the thread called kaal bhairo u go get some gud info