IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
HST108

Khodiyar Maa

Rate this topic

Hello,

Can some one out there provide me some information on Khodiyar Maa. Any information on matras, worship, experiences with Mataji etc will be much appreciated.

Many thanks!:)

Jai Mataji, Aai Shree Khodiyar.

Khodiyar is a recent Devi from our time. She is also known as a Charan Ni Dikri. (Charans are a caste in Rajasthan and Gujarat who hindus believe are direct decendants of Maa) Her temples are found all over Gujarat, rajashtan and Mumbai. The main four are matel, Bhavnagar, Galdhare and Daathaniya.

He story is a very long one...theres a book on her called Khodiyar geeta. if you go to jaikhodiyar.com website you can learn her story.

He puja is done in a very simple way. All she asks for is love. Offer her flowers, deep, dhoop, wash her murti and sprinkle Gulal and Abil and Kum KUm and she will be very happy chanting Aai Shree Khodiyar Namah.

Her fav colour is Black and Red. She is known for Bhuwa Valiye meaning her pujaris and bhakts often encounter her possessions.

Hope this is okay for you if you want to know more feel free to add me on msn buff_ryderz @ hotmail .com

Sunilsahota,

Many thanks for sharing information about Khodiyar Maa. Thanks for the Mantra too.

I'll will look up the sources of information that you have suggested and contact you directly via email if that is OK with you.

Thanks very much once again.:)

Do you have a picture of Kateri Ma? I've never seen Her Swarupa before. I would really appreciate a pic :)
Kateri%20Ammaa.jpg

Here is the picture of her murti from a Kali Mandir in Canada :)

I couldn't find any pictures of her online, beside from the mandir.

Kateri%20Ammaa.jpg

Here is the picture of her murti from a Kali Mandir in Canada :)

I couldn't find any pictures of her online, beside from the mandir.

Thank you! She's rather lovely :)

She actually looks a lot like my Ishta-Devi, Srimati Radharani, in Her deity form. Not surprisng, though. To me, all the Devis are incarnations of Srimati Radharani :)

yeh that mandir is nice....Khodiyar maa rides a Crocodile and always has a Trisul with a red cloth tied to it in one hand to support her limp. Khodiyar maa also wears a bheriyo which is a long shawl made of wool but not woven. It has gold string in it and silver bells. Thats why im assuming its not Keteri Amma. Also Keteri amma is believed to be made out of Kali Maa to go into unclean places to get rid of Evil. Khodiyar was a Cobra snake given by Shiv Vardan.

yeh that mandir is nice....Khodiyar maa rides a Crocodile and always has a Trisul with a red cloth tied to it in one hand to support her limp. Khodiyar maa also wears a bheriyo which is a long shawl made of wool but not woven. It has gold string in it and silver bells. Thats why im assuming its not Keteri Amma. Also Keteri amma is believed to be made out of Kali Maa to go into unclean places to get rid of Evil. Khodiyar was a Cobra snake given by Shiv Vardan.
Oh yea that's true, i forgot. But surely we can say that all the Devi's are one and the same. :P

Thank you! She's rather lovely :)

She actually looks a lot like my Ishta-Devi, Srimati Radharani, in Her deity form. Not surprisng, though. To me, all the Devis are incarnations of Srimati Radharani :)

Haha yes she is lovely! Just like Radharani :)