IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Subham

Pryamids and Vanaprastham

Rate this topic

Hari OM:

Recently I saw a programme in Discovery channel. They were showing Pryamids in great detail, their architectural wonders etc., also in the program they were saying Egyptians had childish beliefs like after death they will be transformed as it is to another world, that is why they also buried servants/slaves along with the kings.

Something didn't match here, the guys with such wonder architectural knowledge having very childish beliefs of life and after-life. When I pondered over this, the following looks like a more probable situation [eventhough I don't have a proof, so in the same boat as western scholars speculating something]

When the king decides to retire from this world [Vanaprastham] he enters into the pryamid along with the queen and all servants with essential things. We can call this as non-vedic , Yantra vanaprastham [Pryamid is a Yantra or instrument which helps to control mind and bring peace], it can be compared with vedic mantra vanaprastham where rishis used mantras or meditation to control mind and bring peace.

After living for some time inside the pryamids and after achieving good control over mind [until then they may have food, water...], they decide to stay just inside a chamber and not come out. Next stage they order their servants to completely restrain their body with clothes and ornanment with no movements and place inside a coffin [while alive]. This would be the final stage of control and they leave their body with full control of mind. AFter this the left over servants would have done the same thing to themselves and left the world. Probably this would have all other Yantras and associated symbols and rituals.

And I think probably many of the olden days cultures, traditions and symbols would make more sense when analyzed under the scope of varnasrma dharma. Else it may look like weird or sensless , just giving us a false notion that most of the generations that lived before us were simple wiredos.